GDT: Islanders @ NJ Devils 1PM 11/26/11

newarkdev01

I don't believe that was a distinct kicking motion. Hell, I've seen goals with a lot more of a kick stand. fvcking figures.

Why is anyone surprised this fvcking league makes up and changes the rules as they go along?

It's just further irony that this team's two "best" players both had a hand in this loss, one worse then the other. Imagine where this team would be if they each were contributing in the goal column?

That goal counts depending on the situation. Like someone said before, if Crosby scores it, it counts. You know this to be true.

M problem with goals like this is there is so much gray area and it seems like the NHL literally flips a coin to decide. There are some goals that get counted that are like soccer kicks, while others that are hardly touched by a skate, with inconclusive video evidence get disallowed. I just can't stand the gray area.

"The puck was propelled into the net by a skate" THAT'S NOT THE RULE fvckWAD! It has the be a kicking motion, and it clearly wasn't!

Um. yeah! :burn:

I just don't get it. My personal bias and rage aside, he was FALLING OVER. There was NO kick, it was pushed forward by the falling skate.

Kick implies intent in my mind. He had no idea where the hell the puck was, it went off his skate.

I disagree. What happens if a player falls down and on his way to break his fall, he swipes the puck in with his glove, should that count? I don't think the rule cares about intent or not.

I disagree. What happens if a player falls down and on his way to break his fall, he swipes the puck in with his glove, should that count? I don't think the rule cares about intent or not.

If a player is mid-fall, and it hits his glove and deflects in? That..should count, no? Perhaps we're imagining this differently.

I don't care what the puck goes in off of, if it inadvertantly hits some body part (and the player didn't seem aware of the location of the puck) I feel like it should count. :noclue:

The skate propelled the puck into the net because Parise lifted his foot to change position and when he put it back down, he struck the puck with his skate and it went in.

That's gonna be no goal like 95% of the time. As soon as they showed that angle, I knew it was coming back.

Edited by mikeford