GDT: Toronto @ Devils

MadDog2020

That game wass like last years team, making every game as difficult as possible to watch and when playing.

Langs has been fantastic this year, the occasional off night is acceptable, he has become one of my favourite players.

Salvadore on that third goal had me going crazy, its such an amature mistake, dont ever send the puck up the middle of the ice or out in front when your under pressure in your own zone!!

But he has been pretty good through the year and we would be a worse team without him.

Oduya needs to wake up, i have faith that he will pick up again, but right now most of the D need to pick it up.

Zubes had a fantastic game, he brings another dimension to the team whenever he plays, still think that a lot of the hate he gets on here is unjustified. However this just proves that Zubes is not really a viable center, he is better suited to wing and getting his ass infront of the net and freeing the puck up along the boards.

I agree with what someone else said here Parise and Zajac are this team right now. Parise should be made to take a few more days off.

Good for Davis, he is a funny guy, he doesn't look like he should be playing hockey, he looks like he should be a character fro the Big Bang Theory.

Sharky will get a goal in this 3 game stint against the leafs. I am really pleased he has this oppertunity with the Devils it will go a long way to helping his development.

Stajan was pretty impressive, i would make a move for him, he has won half his draws this season which is the same a zajac. He seems to be getting better each year, deffinatley worth a look.

Burke is going to want Draft picks or top end prospects, im not sure who i would want to give up out of our prospects, Josefson and Tedenby should not be moved, same with sharky and vasuynov.

I can see them having an interest in Henrique and Palmieri. The both strike me as players in the Burke mould.

OPOO-ya

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i missed most of the game but bergfors was scratched because, in my mind, he's having trouble with the schedule and his play has clearly taken a sharp nosedive. i happen to think that rookies tend to fatigue as the season goes on, something which i will be semi-testing soon.

still, a little rest never hurt.

From my vantage point, the first two periods were fine and as many have said breaking up the ZZZ line was a mistake.

One other person noted that the Leafs goals came off lucky bounces and fundamental defensive mistakes. Orr's goal, well Marty should have had that, however, Orr didn't hit the puck like he wanted to, he miss-hit it resulting in a goal (kinda like Erik Cole's OT goal vs Canes in the 2002 playoffs)

The third Leafs goal was a disgrace as far as officiating goes, Salvador was being mugged in the corner, it should have been a penalty against the Leafs. Their last goal was a defensive meltdown/poor coverage.

Now, the next issue hasn't been addressed in this thread. When the Devils went 2-1 up the team was trying too hard to set up Parise for his hattrick goal. There were several instances where, even though Parise made some great shots on goal, other players were in far better position to score. Some of those opportunities that were set up SHOULD have been taken by other players, had they been, they WOULD have been slam-dunk goals. The team was too concerned with getting Zach the hatter.

It almost cost us the game.

Zubrus looks good, he's given the team a shot-in-the-arm.

Mottau panics and makes ill advised passes.

When Martin comes back, I'd like these defensive pairings:-

Martin-Oduya

White-Salvador

Greene-Mottau

Until then,, I'd like these pairings:-

Greene-Fraser

White-Salvador

Mottau-Oduya

Edited by Neutral Zone Trap

I didn't get to watch the game, and I literally just watched highlights. So JL seriously took Zubrus off the line with Zajac and Parise and put Langs on? Huh. Hopefully he'll keep Zubrus with those 2 tomorrow. Stajan looked pretty good from what little I saw of him, I'm really starting to hope Lou deals for him, he seems like a realistic option.

From my vantage point, the first two periods were fine and as many have said breaking up the ZZZ line was a mistake.

One other person noted that the Leafs goals came off lucky bounces and fundamental defensive mistakes. Orr's goal, well Marty should have had that, however, Orr didn't hit the puck like he wanted to, he miss-hit it resulting in a goal (kinda like Erik Cole's OT goal vs Canes in the 2002 playoffs)

The third Leafs goal was a disgrace as far as officiating goes, Salvador was being mugged in the corner, it should have been a penalty against the Leafs. Their last goal was a defensive meltdown/poor coverage.

Now, the next issue hasn't been addressed in this thread. When the Devils went 2-1 up the team was trying too hard to set up Parise for his hattrick goal. There were several instances where, even though Parise made some great shots on goal, other players were in far better position to score. Some of those opportunities that were set up SHOULD have been taken by other players, had they been, they WOULD have been slam-dunk goals. The team was too concerned with getting Zach the hatter.

It almost cost us the game.

Zubrus looks good, he's given the team a shot-in-the-arm.

Mottau panics and makes ill advised passes.

When Martin comes back, I'd like these defensive pairings:-

Martin-Oduya

White-Salvador

Greene-Mottau

Until then,, I'd like these pairings:-

Greene-Fraser

White-Salvador

Mottau-Oduya

Fraser playing big minutes on the top pair.

No thank you.

Even Chico admitted that he's caused more than he's prevented since being in the lineup.

"But he might have potential" - the fact is that we can't afford to see if he has potential in a year that you are making a cup run.

The reality is - Not to worry though, as said before by some here, come playoff time - he's in the press box.

Fraser playing big minutes on the top pair.

No thank you.

Even Chico admitted that he's caused more than he's prevented since being in the lineup.

"But he might have potential" - the fact is that we can't afford to see if he has potential in a year that you are making a cup run.The reality is - Not to worry though, as said before by some here, come playoff time - he's in the press box.

I can see that. Like some people have mentioned, Mottau's play could be/is suffering because of the extended minutes he's playing.

I'm sure we'll see how the pairings are put together once PM returns. Maybe Motts and Fraser will rotate as 6/7 D ?

The bolded part I disagree with. It is better to test things now as opposed to "when it counts" ie playoffs. Even though the regular season does count as far as points are concerned, in the playoffs, it's far more costly.

My biggest beef is Pando and to a lesser extent Niedermayer. They are ok playing 4th line mins, but they play way too much. That's the problem, they are a liability every time they are on the ice. They also offer absolutely no offensive threat whatsoever.

Maybe this is also an experiment from Jacques, but the statistical evidence proves this experiment a failure.

It's the same old problem that's been for a long time. We need a second line center and a puck moving D-man.

Elias is far more effective as a winger, it's his natural position.

Parise-Zajac-Bergfors

Elias-Zubrus-Langenbrunner

Zharkov-Nieds-Clarkson

Pando-McAmmond-Pelly

Bergs and Langs can switch lines if need be.