GDT: Sens @ Devils- 7:30 pm

dmann422

Fantastic evening at the Rock- the Devs get a dominating win, and I get a free $13 beer because the stripe on the back of my debit card wouldn't work and the woman got tired of trying. Outstanding.

correction, you go a free $2 beer and avoided paying a $11 markup.

Either way free beer is free beer so congrats.

If there was an apparent sign of a "vision" I think people would be less upset.....one of the analogies my friends was using on me last night is how this feels like the WWE storyline with HHH and Stephanie coming out and doing all this crap and calling it "best for business"....it's a lot of little things....changing the song during mites on ice from the fitting Peanuts song to some crappy techno song that doesn't fit.....modifying score-o as well....a lot of things that got changed for no reason aside of well "if the other guy was doing this we don't wanna do this"....the $10 seats being gone...even emailing Sixers fans to get Devils tickets some 60-some miles away....its just all reeks of not having a clue....and trust me since I'm one of those fans....when you isolate and chase away those core fans for who going to Devils games was as much habit as enjoyment....they stop going....they find other things to do....and the desire to come back evaporates.....for me it's been hockey leagues....for others it will be something else....but then the attendance will start dropping and that's when all hell breaks loose....there's just enough small jabs at you to make you look around and go..."yeah this ain't fun no more"...I'd probably have a better (and cheaper) time gathering up three friends at the bar, having a nice dinner a few drinks and watching the game on TV there.....that will probably happen more too.....

In bold...yeah, it does feel like that sometimes.

That being said, I'm basically tuning all of that out.  As many here know, I've already taken my 5-year-old daughter to three games, and plan on taking her to at least three more (hopefully 5 or so).  For me, I'm focusing on the on-ice product (which, with the new youngbloods finding playing time, is becoming more compelling and interesting), and sharing something with my little one that will hopefully continue for years to come.  The other stuff just doesn't seem as important. 

Let's face it...you can say the experience isn't what it was, but if the Devils become a perennial 100-point playoff team again and are as entertaining to watch as the 2001 team, will the auxiliary stuff bother you as much?  Look, I agree with you, I think the new owners or whoever is advising them are coming off as out-of-touch corporate stuffed suits who seem determined to do things their way, just because.  But I'm sure as hell not going to let them chase me away from doing something I enjoy, short of them not putting money into the on-ice product or not trying to ice a competitive team (I handle them trying but not succeeding...at least TRY).   

Let's face it...you can say the experience isn't what it was, but if the Devils become a perennial 100-point playoff team again and are as entertaining to watch as the 2001 team, will the auxiliary stuff bother you as much?  Look, I agree with you, I think the new owners or whoever is advising them are coming off as out-of-touch corporate stuffed suits who seem determined to do things their way, just because.  But I'm sure as hell not going to let them chase me away from doing something I enjoy, short of them not putting money into the on-ice product or not trying to ice a competitive team (I handle them trying but not succeeding...at least TRY).   

Well said.  This season has not been as much fun as years past - mainly because the atmosphere in the arena has sucked.  I too feel like a lot of the change being implemented by the new management group is being done just for the sake of change (is there really a legitimate reason to move all of the high school hockey jerseys to an out of the way corner of the building).  But, ultimately, the on-ice product is the most important thing and, thus far, this team is about where I expected them to be, with a few pleasant surprises thrown in (Jagr, Gelinas, Merrill and Boucher).

One thing to keep in mind is that the corners' season ticket prices have gone up this season, while other areas of the arena have gone down by $5-10 per game. That's mainly why I moved from Section 214 to Section 119, uppers behind the goal. The price that Section 214 has gone up to now is like $10 more than what Section 119 areas have been reduced too. It makes sense too as I think 119s and the areas around it are more likely to be shown on TV at some point than the way uppers. I personally liked me upper views a bit better, it was close to a center ice view, even if it was a bit further up, but the atmosphere in the 119 areas, behind the goals, are very lively and the season ticket base has moved there. I rarely ever see an empty seat up there.

Zidlicky was such a mess, I guess we are finding out how a guy like that was a healthy scratch in Minny. And maybe another team later in the year will laugh and say how was a guy like Zidlicky a healthy scratch for NJ.

My point is he might be the first guy I want out when Larsson and Salvador are ready to return.

He's got 15 points. There's no way I want him out when Salvador comes back. Trading him away is just getting rid of more point production than we already are lacking.

Zidlicky was such a mess, I guess we are finding out how a guy like that was a healthy scratch in Minny. And maybe another team later in the year will laugh and say how was a guy like Zidlicky a healthy scratch for NJ.

My point is he might be the first guy I want out when Larsson and Salvador are ready to return.

I've been saying this for weeks. With gelinas Merrill and Greene providing some offense now, he has become redundant in that he is so weak in the defensive zone, He is right now our worst defenseman.

Convert him to wing and put him in instead of Janssen, I don't care, but I trust every other dman including Harrold more in our own end than I do zidlicky, and that's a problem that his 15 points can't cover up.

He had two terrible turnovers tonight in the d zone that Marty bailed him out on, and took 2 penalties that really weren't necessary.

He's got 15 points. There's no way I want him out when Salvador comes back. Trading him away is just getting rid of more point production than we already are lacking.

FWIW, he had 9 of those points in his first 11 GP.  He's put up 6 in the his last 23 games since.  He has skills, but is definitely prone to some WTF moments.

Zidlicky was a healthy scratch in Minnesota because the coach wanted him to stay on his point at all times, which is like asking Scott Stevens not to hit people.  

I think it might be nice to deal him, but he has a no-trade clause and is in good with the two best forwards on the team.

FWIW, he had 9 of those points in his first 11 GP.  He's put up 6 in the his last 23 games since.  He has skills, but is definitely prone to some WTF moments.

Agreed 100%, and that's a risk that this team needs unfortunately. I love Larsson as much as the next guy but he won't take the chances and create those kinds of opportunities.

Agreed 100%, and that's a risk that this team needs unfortunately. I love Larsson as much as the next guy but he won't take the chances and create those kinds of opportunities.

Good news is, with young bodies making their way into the d-corp, an aging Zids will soon become expendable.  Like Tri says, probably would be nice to see him dealt sometime this season, but even if he's not, they're not stuck with him beyond this season, and in the interim, as long as the WTF moments don't become too numerous, we can deal with him being in the lineup.  Lou did a nice job in only giving him a one-year deal, and it's nice to know they won't be forced into bringing him back as a 37-year-old next season. 

• Like 1

Fantastic evening at the Rock- the Devs get a dominating win, and I get a free $13 beer because the stripe on the back of my debit card wouldn't work and the woman got tired of trying. Outstanding.

I know this is from 3 pages back, but SERIOUSLY? I'm gonna do my very best to fvck up the magnetic stripe on my card right now. WOOO FREE BEER! lol.

Good news is, with young bodies making their way into the d-corp, an aging Zids will soon become expendable. Like Tri says, probably would be nice to see him dealt sometime this season, but even if he's not, they're not stuck with him beyond this season, and in the interim, as long as the WTF moments don't become too numerous, we can deal with him being in the lineup. Lou did a nice job in only giving him a one-year deal, and it's nice to know they won't be forced into bringing him back as a 37-year-old next season.

this is true, but I would be disappointed if we have our full complement of d and zidlicky plays over fayne.

If we do run into the 9 healthy defensemen issue, Merrill is going back to the a and Lou may try to move one, and the only ones with any value we would be willing to give up are fayne and zid. I would hope zid would be the one to go but we know that's not gonna be the case.