Weekes Head

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there was no chance he was staying.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Apparently not if Lou offered him the max for 5 years.

Doesn't look good at the moment considering all of the holes this team has, but I'm sure Lou will figure something out. It is only August, and Lou will work some magic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He was actually using the Mega offer from NJ to get the best he could and leave!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

there's at leat one ingrate on the Ducks boards....

"this is great. but i am thinking 6.75 is a bit too much."

WTF ?

WOW What pity party! Get over it!

First- What is with this "he dragged it out" stuff? It was 3-1/2 days, not a month. He couldn't talk to any other teams before Sunday, and Glen Sather was apparently calling seasson ticket holders.

Second- The Devils survived losing Alex Mogilny.

The Devils have survived losing Joe Niewendyk and Bobby Holik.

The Devils are NOT DEAD!

Hopefully you'll see me in section 215.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He was actually using the Mega offer from NJ to get the best he could and leave!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

there's at leat one ingrate on the Ducks boards....

"this is great. but i am thinking 6.75 is a bit too much."

WTF ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They should be complaining that they had to re-up Rob for 4 years, $8M to get Scott. Nothing else.

NJD Jester, I just don't get that whole betrayal thing. I wish him well. He did a great job here and now he wants a change. I respect it.

I felt the same way when Holik left, although I was a bit pissed because he went to the Rangers. But it's the same thing. Both guys were very good Devils and were cogs in Devils championship teams.

I just don't get how that's not the most important thing.

WOW What pity party! Get over it!

First- What is with this "he dragged it out" stuff? It was 3-1/2 days, not a month. He couldn't talk to any other teams before Sunday, and Glen Sather was apparently calling seasson ticket holders.

Second- The Devils survived losing Alex Mogilny.

The Devils have survived losing Joe Niewendyk and Bobby Holik.

The Devils are NOT DEAD!

Hopefully you'll see me in section 215.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course the Devils are not dead but they have never lost a player as good as Niedermayer. It was dragged out. Look at how quickly other big name players signed. It seems clear to me that Niedermayer was using the Devils offer as leverage to get Anaheim to sign his brother long term. *That* is what pisses me off. Much more so than him leaving,

This is a crippling loss to the Devils.

yea I know...family. But it's not like the Niedermayer lives in Anaheim, and Rob isn't even that good a player where he can pretty much guarantee staying a duck for a while. Wouldn't shock me to see Rob traded next season.

you know I've been expecting him to leave for a while.  So I'm not surprised.  I'm just annoyed that, unlike some other players, he couldn't make the decision faster, it might have made NJ's situation easier...which is all I care about.  It was either that he was waiting to see if Burke would do the contract extension for Rob, or he was actually waiting to see how long it would take before Lou had few viable options on defense, just to screw him for all the times Lou used the old CBA correctly, I remind you, in their negotiations.

I hope it was the former and not the latter.  At this point I don't really care, I just want NJ to move on and do what they have to do to get ready not only for this season but for the next few seasons.  And, for those of you who think the sky is falling, I have to ask you this question.  Let's say you are right and the team is mediocre this year.  Let's say they don't even make the playoffs.  Are you going to live up (or should I say DOWN) to the expectations of all those Ranger and Flyer fans who said that as soon as NJ started losing the fans would desert them like rats deserting a sinking ship???  Well???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wasn't surprized he left! I just feel like there is no WAY Lou dind't expect this -- didn't in fact KNOW it was coming....

I was looking for you to invent the reason Lou didn't make a move until Niedermayer did. I feel like Lou agreed to be used -- I can't imagine how he would have seriously thought he had a chance, you know? If we didnt' then Lou couldn't have.. that was what I was getting at! you skimmed obviously <_<

There are more important things than your getting a job you know? :P

Actually this is exactly what I'm talking about. this isn't a big decision for Nieds that was precisely why he DIDN'T have to make any snap judgements... as I said it made no difference to Lou in the end I dont think --- but let's not paint Nieds some tortured soul here -- he was fecking around and it was purely business and I think he was a jerkoff for it -- why must everyone make him St. Niedermayer of the Ice rink :puke:

I guess my comments were out of dissappointment, but somehow I don't feel betrayed, since is Norris speech I never believed he was coming back.

He did use Lou's bid for leverage for both himself and his brother. He took advantage of the system.

Thanks Nieds, it was great. Thanks for the memories.

There's no way I will root for the Nieders. I've never really respected Scott in his dealings and he's always seemed a little aloof on the ice. He's never been FOR NJ. He's always been ON NJ. I know he's a great talent but there's a lot of talent still on the team (granted much of it undeveloped).

And, honestly, could anyone see Lou signing Rob for 2m. a year? For that price and to add a third checking center to the lineup just seems very un-Lou-like.

We're not dead. We've got a LOT of trade bait and with the cap, there's going to be some teams who would be willing to dump some salary over time. Personally, though, I think we could make a run with just some minor tweaks. This team was built, starting from a few years ago, for the removal of the red line. We've got some serious speedy forwards out there (one reason I feel Freeze is still here).

I'm just anxious to see how Scott copes with the West Coast travel and how much of a toll it takes on his 32yr. old legs. Let's face it, he's not getting any younger and he can only get slower (and more injury prone).

F' Nieder (both of them - Rob just by association)! Go Devils!

-Dan

He did use Lou's bid for leverage for both himself and his brother.  He took advantage of the system.

Smart businessman.

And that's all it is, folks, business. Sometimes business can be cold, but that's the nature of the beast.

Would anyone be dissapointed if Lou decided to trash this season, so he could sign some young talent next offseason?

Devils 2005-06 != Penguins 1983-84

Lou wouldn't deliberately trash the season. He's got too much honor for that.