GDT: Devils @ Penguins

Colin226

They need to learn how to get rid of the puck on the pk. These soft dumps up the boards aren't going to work. Maybe I'm crazy, but I would like to see if Greene can hack it on the pk if this problem doesn't go away. He's mcuh better with the puck than any of our defens, save Oduya. 90% of the time White/Sal as soon as get the puck in the corner they will attempt a weak clear up the boards right to the defensemen. All they have to do is take two steps and look up. Greene has the speed to force the defensemen commit to the line or back off.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grrrrrreat win!!!! Hope Martin is alright because I don't want to see Murphy in the line up again.

What happened with martin. I was not able to watch game cause im in pa right now and i dont get msg or fsn pitt here. I watched the highlights and what a goal by zach. Great win and great to see the pens streak end.

Edited by marty_is_better30

I am on Cloud`9. Tonight's game should NOT be taken for granted, not for one second. This was a statement game, and it really showed me alot from this Devils team. When you're playing the #1 team in the league (who's lost only 1 game all year) you don't really expect to win a 4-1 game. Let there be no mistake... Pittsburgh's a phenomenal squad! You got to back to 1987, the last time a defending Stanley Cup Championship team started the following season with a 9-1 record after the first 10 games. Notwithstanding, as dominant as the Penguins are.. they have only three more wins than the Devils! (and have played one more game likewise)

Great Devils victory tonight, wonderful game played top to bottom. The only 2 negatives: *We probably lost Pando\Martin 3 to 5 weeks. (maybe more) & *MB30 came 9 minutes shy of tying Sawchuk. Other than that, perfect game all around. :gd:

~EDIT~ just checked nhl.com.. only Pitt and the Rags have more wins than the Devs in the Conference. smiley-gen017.gif look who's closing in!

Edited by Beezer34

Wow. That made my night. Going to college in Western/Central PA... I almost got my ass kicked tonight, but wouldn't have cared... I knew more about Penguins players than the bandwagon fans around here do anyhow.. and made sure to call them out on it. Noone knew Rupp was a Devil.. this is why Pens fans are TERRIBLE. They all knew two names, Crosby and that... Mawkin.. Mokin.. Makin fellow?? GREAT GAME GUYS!!!!

That's what I'm talking about!

Wow. Just wow. Clip and Save that game. The definition of "Coming to Play".

P.S. I got stuck with the Pens announcers on CI. What a bunch of whiners. They complained about what they thought were non-calls all night.

I'm really enjoying all the commentary about the trap, aren't you?!

Yea, apparently no one knows how to break it. :P

Those Pens announcers really suck.

Edited by NCDevsFan

Great game overall except for the two injuries. I thought we were on the puck all night and were hitting Pen players when ever they were on the boards. Bergfors is coming out of his shell and Zach had a beauty.

I just hope Martin is alright but It looks bad for him. On Pandos injury it basically opens up a whole new plan.

ZZ Pop

Rolston Zubie Bergy

Halichuk Nieds Clarkson

Zharkov Pelley Pikachu

Oduya Greene

White Salvador

Fraser Corrnente???

Otherwise a big win and Marty came up strong and we had our chances and capitalized I just hope we can continue against Buffalo! :burn:

I said "Marty has to shine tonight" in the last GDT and he played his best game of the year. So I'll say it again. Marty has to shine tonight.

And did he shine? Outstanding game by The Legend himself, Martin Brodeur. Shut down the the mighty offensive Pens who came into last night averaging 3.6 goals per game. Huge road win!

I was watching NHL on the Fly last night and heard the Pens' play-by-play man's calls of each of the Devils goals. Man, what a baby! Each time the Devils scored, his voice was completely unemotional, like if nothing significant happened.

Usually teams' announcers raise their voices at least a little bit when the other team scores. Even Sam Rosen or Jack Edwards acknolwedges that the other teams' goals are special. ... But not that Penguins guy.

He's a straight-up homer all the way.

I was watching NHL on the Fly last night and heard the Pens' play-by-play man's calls of each of the Devils goals. Man, what a baby! Each time the Devils scored, his voice was completely unemotional, like if nothing significant happened.

Usually teams' announcers raise their voices at least a little bit when the other team scores. Even Sam Rosen or Jack Edwards acknolwedges that the other teams' goals are special. ... But not that Penguins guy.

He's a straight-up homer all the way.

He's always like that... it really makes the damn games unwatchable... in that ilk of St. Louis and Colorado....Carolina is pretty bad too (but they have that Ric Flair commercial which is 8 levels of win!)

You can be homerific like San Jose and still credit the other team

He's always like that... it really makes the damn games unwatchable... in that ilk of St. Louis and Colorado....Carolina is pretty bad too (but they have that Ric Flair commercial which is 8 levels of win!)

You can be homerific like San Jose and still credit the other team

Hell, Doc's a little bit of a homer, and Chico's a huge one, but they somehow manage to call the games fair.

Hell, Doc's a little bit of a homer, and Chico's a huge one, but they somehow manage to call the games fair.

Chico's a goalie homer, that doesn't count :P

(and he gets WAY too happy when ex-Devils score against us, you'd NEVER hear any of those other announcers do THAT....ever)

Who slashed Martin?

Either Malkin or Crosby, both have reputations of cheap shots, Malkin slew-foots and Crosby slashes.

It could have been Kunitz aswell, he is a real dirty sob.

I'm sure the coaching staff have studied the video and found the culprit, next game, at the right time* he'll be made to pay (without a penalty)

* when the game is out of hand either way.