Volchenkov Suspended for three games.

Maddog

I don't mean to derail but I've never been to a hockey game live. I've always wondered like what the bench looks like and what the ice in front of the benches looks like from all the spitting and hawking. Does it freeze to the ice or when a player falls there does he have big spitwads on his jersey?

In addition how does each player know his gatorade bottle is his?

They just squirt it in... anybody can use any bottle.

Cooke getting 4 games with Volchenkov getting 3 is a complete disgrace, but who would expect anything else from the clearly biased front office? If Cooke's hit had been on a Ranger, who knows how long he sits?

This is a discgrace! I agree, but even if Cooke's hit was on a Ranger The Brady Bunch of the league is with out Marsha and Cindy, so Bettmans Golden team is slipping. I think Cooke could have almost killed someone and only get a 4 gamer. This league is so corrupt! No one in the NHL front office wants to see the New Jersey Devils with a record comeback.

One more reason to show this team all the love they Deserve.

Looking Forward to Frdays game flying to NJ to see Mom for her Birthday and I am going to Fridays Game!

I am looking to also pick up a Jersey.. would hate to do it at the game I have a road Jersey and need a Home Jersey any suggestions on where to pick one up would be greatly appreciated..Thank you

Lets Go Devils!!!!!

Per TG:

"While he has not been involved in a supplemntal discipline incident previously and it is fortunate that his opponent returned to play in the game, Volchenkov delivered and illegal blow to the head."

I swear this league just throws darts at a board to determine the length of suspensions, just doesn't make any sense. I knew he was suspended when I saw it, but I thought 1 or 2 games.

We should make Free A-Train shirts

He's being suspended 3 games for being reckless. Not dirty. That's fvcking ridiculous. If he had intent to injure, I'd understand, and he deserves some penalty for initiating contact to the head, but he pulled up and didn't finish the check when he realized it was a head shot. It was a mistake which he tried to rectify, a mahor reason Boychuk's not out longer. What more do you want from the guy? Well, aside for playing on the same team as Cindy...

Crap like this is like the NFL fining James Harrison to prove they're safe, even as they try to lengthen the season. NHL needs to prove they're tough on head hits so they can turn a blind eye when the PEns, Caps or original 6 commit them.

Edited by mouse

I don't mean to derail but I've never been to a hockey game live. I've always wondered like what the bench looks like and what the ice in front of the benches looks like from all the spitting and hawking. Does it freeze to the ice or when a player falls there does he have big spitwads on his jersey?

In addition how does each player know his gatorade bottle is his?

I've told this story before -- you can't see the boogers... but say you were at open skate at your high school rink and accidentally fell on your ass behind the bench... you'd get a leg and ass coated with snot -- I am near puking as I write this.. ever since I had a baby snots make me gag!

You know what's annoying -- that he probably NEEDS two games to get his sh!t together. Two games LEmiare can even stand behind. but that third game was just a big fvck you. Devils are such good sports we have to give them an additional fvck YOU game to make sure they're as sour on us as the rest of the league.

Suspentions aren't based on hit, injury, or prior record. They're based solely on organizational outrage. The Rangers explode at a fine -- Devils you have to really kick the sh!t out of them before they even emit a wince of pain.

That's a good point--I hadn't thought of it that way. Meanwhile the NHL can parade around the other leagues and show off all the awful things they did to the offenders but meanwhile their internal integrity stays intact. Douchebags...

Staal didn't get jack for punching Prust.

Well he didn't really deserve the match penalty he got cause Prust faked the fall big-time, the only thing that annoyed me about that is the NHL rescinded its 'automatic' suspension for a match penalty offense. Don't call it an automatic suspension if it isn't one.

Well he didn't really deserve the match penalty he got cause Prust faked the fall big-time, the only thing that annoyed me about that is the NHL rescinded its 'automatic' suspension for a match penalty offense. Don't call it an automatic suspension if it isn't one.

It should be called "Automatic (unless the player is on a team we like)"

• Like 1

well, in that case it should have been rescinded because the ref was a total imbecile. that was a match penalty and the knee to knee on Ovie wasn't. the refs are as much of a problem as Campbell's "wheel of punishment" is.

Prust acted like he got hit by a cinder block in delayed reaction, ref bought it, seeya Staal

A punch in the head can not only lead to a concussion, it can kill you.

Yea there's been plenty of that in the NHL. :rolleyes:

So what's your point? The intent is still there...even more so in a fight than on some of these hits. Do you think Volchenkov was intentionally aiming for the head last night? I'd say it was bad timing more than anything else.

And for what it's worth, for every head injury or concussion sustained from one of these hits, I can probably find one from a guy getting dropped in a fight.

I'm not trying to start a fighting is good or fighting is bad arguement...just pointing out the obvious hypocrisy.

Well when you drop the gloves you pretty much agree to be punched in the face so that's probably why they don't try to relate Rule 48 to fights.

League is a complete joke when it comes to disciplinary action (and penalties) in many instances. These issues should be addressed during the next CBA.

Oh I was LOL @ what Dano said about Cooke, and open season. At least I saw it as quoted as being said by him. While I would like to see this, it should never happen. Now if he is taken out I will feel bad for him as a human being, but I think the remaining NHL players on the ice will be safer so I will not care for the hockey player he is.

Volchenkov was suspended because of all the "head trauma" hype that has been circulating professional sports lately. He deserved a penalty and a suspension (as it did look intentional in slo-mo). Bad penalty on his part.

Matt Cooke also deserves the same suspension, so its a wash.