So Eric Lindros

ghdi

really...  I'll have to try it then I guess.  My husband's birthday is tomorrow night.  Matt's has a tasting menu I was trying to push him toward.

LOL ATLL - that reminds me of some of the houses around us... they look really out of place and have huge gaits and surveillance cameras - they dot the landscape on little obscure streets.  We always say -- HEY!  There's Tony Soprano's REAL house (as IF he'd hang out on the streets of Kearney).  It was the Clinton story that started us on that.

We still do the Hunterdon 4H fair - my daughter loves it.  and.. the sheep will be making an appearance this year I'd wager...  (The girls (our shetland sheep) just got shorn - OMG they are so ^&*$)^@&* cute.  I carded some of their wool - it smells SOOOOO good and it spins really well - except that I suck :evil: )

I don't know if he had cameras and whatnot, but he lived up off Haytown Rd and his house was visible from my friend's yard. His home was just set back real far from the road, like a good 1/4-1/2 mile, thus why I doubted a burglary being the catalyst for his death. Not to mention you usually don't get the chance to shoot someone once in the head all real clean and nice-like when there's a struggle.

Didn't they film part of the Sopranos in Kearny? I thought there was some pork butcher shop they made for the show in Kearny, right?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I also forgot to mention my other big memory of the racetrack is when I met Dick Craig from the Not Just Rock n Roll there when it was still open but it was a paved track at that time.  He was hanging out and doing his show from the infield pit area and afterwards got to meet him on the way out.  I just looked him up again and see he is still doing the show which is somewhat amazing haha.

Geez...this takes me back, man.

I remember years ago, before "Rocky Horror" was available on VHS (it only became available on video somewhere in the early 90s, if I had to guess), he showed the entire "Time Warp" scene/song from the movie on his show.

But I guess you could only show so much footage before you were violating copyright laws, because every 5 seconds or so, the camera would cut back to a quick shot of him dancing around spastically in the studio.

The whole thing was pretty bizarre.

Geez...this takes me back, man.

I remember years ago, before "Rocky Horror" was available on VHS (it only became available on video somewhere in the early 90s, if I had to guess), he showed the entire "Time Warp" scene/song from the movie on his show.

But I guess you could only show so much footage before you were violating copyright laws, because every 5 seconds or so, the camera would cut back to a quick shot of him dancing around spastically in the studio.

The whole thing was pretty bizarre.

Haha his show at one point was quite popular in the area around Somerset, Hunterdon, Morris and Middlesex county area.  Surprised he is still kicking around doing his show but man has he aged.

He was always an oddball but I guess you can explain it to the hard lifestyle he lived in the 60's through the 80's with the various bands he was in.

Pru Thai is absolutely amazing. Inferno Chicken and Crying Tiger are great. They also have the best green tea ice cream I have ever had there.

Rocket shrimp...yum!!!

Never realized how many folks from here live in Hunterdon. :)

Edited by StarDew