New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

Kovy & company will be at the MLB All Star game tonight in Anaheim... how many wanted bet Jay Grossman/PuckAgency and/or AEG/Kings ensure the media does a camera shot and Kovy contract comment on FOX Sports? ;)

in other news... The Circus, Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus is in Town LA @ the Staples Center

Edited by HOLLYWOOD

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sign somewhere already Kovi.

Mike

Not that I think he is using LA just as a baganing chip, but what message would that send if he didn't go? Yeah Lou, I really want to go to LA but I'm not willing to go there for a trip to see if I like the city. You better up your offer.

I had the two quotes just to show there may have been inconsistency in the article. I don't think you travel across the country for a bargaining chip or to send Lou a message. I think you go there because you are very interested in playing there. It's by actually going to LA that sends the message he really wants to play there. Not speculation or hearsay. By not going, to me, sends no message to Lou other than they continue to negotiate with all involved parties.

I have a feeling that his trip to LA would make little change in what Lou offers, at least $ wise. I believe if Lou does not sign Kovy he did everything that was sensibly possible.

I wouldn't mind seeing him go to the Ducks. I kind of feel there's this Devil/King Rivalry because of all of the back and forth between whats been said in the press. The other up and coming teams I can see him going to are the Bluejackets and the Blues. But I don't see Kovy putting any of those teams over the top.

Whether or not they have cap space or not, if they wanted Kovalchuk they would not have waited until July 13 to make that known. What, they were predicting a two week standoff the whole time and were waiting for the perfect time to catch his attention?

I feel like if Kovalchuk is not ready to jump for two teams that have been courting him since day one, he's not going to be persuaded by teams that come out of the woodwork to try and snag him for cheap.

And if they actually are showing up just to try to make things more difficult, it's not fair. It's not fair to me as a Devils fan and I WILL be contacting commissioner Bettman about this harrumph

Whether or not they have cap space or not, if they wanted Kovalchuk they would not have waited until July 13 to make that known. What, they were predicting a two week standoff the whole time and were waiting for the perfect time to catch his attention?

I feel like if Kovalchuk is not ready to jump for two teams that have been courting him since day one, he's not going to be persuaded by teams that come out of the woodwork to try and snag him for cheap.

And if they actually are showing up just to try to make things more difficult, it's not fair. It's not fair to me as a Devils fan and I WILL be contacting commissioner Bettman about this harrumph

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!