New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a majority of everyone is apathetic at this point. Kovy has almost painted himself into a corner with the salary demands and everything. From the outside looking in it looks like he has three choices: LA, NJ or Russia but he is holding out for some miracle to happen and have some other team come in and give him 100 mill over ten years and guarantee a cup.most teams have already made moves. He should just sh&t or get off the pot already.

And the teams that haven't are waiting for him to make his move but aren't really interested in signing him. Both sides are waiting for the other to make a move. Brian Rolston and Jay Pandolfo could put on a better cycle.

What's almost worse is the total apathy amongst the bigger hockey writers. They're all "whatever, Grossman will tweet it immediately".

If the teams involved were Pittsburgh and the Rangers, instead of the Devils and LA, I have a feeling things would be different.

every writer on twitter is reporting the talks are off.

And every writer on twitter was saying he was a Devil a week ago, so they're all worthless.

If you want tea leaves to read, what we DO know is that Lombardi is turning down requests to comment from LeBrun. No comment from a guy who for the past two weeks hadn't shied away from saying that the Kings were "officially" out. If Kovy walked away again as some people are claiming, past experience says that Lombardi would not hesitate to say so.

He's signing with LA. It's just a matter of when.

petros and money are LA sports radio douche bags. Matt "Money" Smith and Petros Papa-somethingorother

Anybody who calls themselves "money" is automatically a d-bag, so that part was redundant.

I doubt local radio show clowns know any more about the situation than you or I.

san jose dealing thornton wouldn't be exceptionally stupid but i don't see where they get value, unless they can get a top, top prospect like a john carlson, in addition to a bad contract they'd have to take back. the devils would not be part of a thornton deal.

Edited by Triumph

Again, I totally understand who this is coming from -- Єklund (2.3% accurate) -- but it at least got me thinking:

I would love Thornton for one year. I guess as I'm typing this out I realize that we don't really have a need for a big center at a one-year deal; but if the Sharks need to move him and the price is right; a Langenbrunner/Salvador and prospect for Thornton has potential.... at the very least, it'd be fun to talk about: Parise-Zajac-Zubrus/Elias-Thornton-Clarkson/Rolston-Arnott-Zharkov.... ?

Arghh, Kovy is not going to the Sharks and Thornton is not being trading. There are too many moving parts necessary to make that work, that if anything like that was even being discussed, you'd have more than speculation. Thornton is not Brian Rolston. The Sharks would have to be getting a very good return in any such deal. Also, trading Thornton is not a deal you pull the trigger on unless you are absolutely positive Kovy will be signing on the dotted line. Even Mike Milbury would be smart enough to realize you can't count on that. This is especially so since you'd likely be getting back assets like picks young talent that can't help you immediately. This is no good for a win now kind of team unless again it's a metaphysical certainty Kovy is signing with them. Sharks don't want to be left with their d**ks in their hands when they don't have Kovy or Thornton and have nothing to show for it.

Finally, the Kovy camp can't as much pick up the phone with some team without every beat writer knowing or at least speculating about it. We would be hearing more from just the Eklunds of the world if this was going on.

Edited by Daniel

This is all "Molotov Cocktail Marketing" you know none of the parties involved are going to agree publicly or make an announcement with all the sports distractions from the World Cup to the MLB All Star Game.

Check your calendars for a clear 48 hrs for the real deal.

This is all "Molotov Cocktail Marketing" you know none of the parties involved are going to agree publicly or make an announcement with all the sports distractions from the World Cup to the MLB All Star Game.

Check your calendars for a clear 48 hrs for the real deal.

I'm not saying he'll end up anywhere else but the Kings, but, at this point, whatever else is going on in the sports world won't affect when an announcement is made.

I used to listen to Petros and $$$ before I got XM radio in LA.

There are two clueless fvcks that only talk about Kobe, dodgers/Angels, and the almighty PAC10.

Hockey isn't even on their radar.

There about as "in" on hockey rumors as DIno Costa.

This whole "kovygate" is a non-story in LA. Its not on the nightly news, and folks would rather know how big Kobe's morning turd was vs. whether a marqis hockey player is coming to town.

Anyone telling you otherwise with "rumors" is lying.

Anybody who calls themselves "money" is automatically a d-bag, so that part was redundant.

I doubt local radio show clowns know any more about the situation than you or I.

You're so money and you don't even know it!

hmm, I was just going for a swingers reference, but it just looks like I'm calling you a 'd-bag'