GDT: Devils @ Colorado

puckrock

I'm sorry to those in denial but when a team has this little fight in them, it goes straight to the head coach, like it or not.

I usually enjoy watching different styles of coaching but I have to agree, I noticed over last 6 games or so that Kovys style of play has changed bigtime. I posted in a previous game thread...why is Kovy now a setup man instead of doing what comes natural...sniper and driving to the net? He shouldnt be feeding the puck!

I think the next game after my post he made somewhat of a quiet comment to a reporter that he is playing the way the coaching staff asked him to play..."if they what me the hang back a bit then that is what I do" not an exact quote but along those lines.

I hope they shift this team around a bit and build around those core guys...let the rookies feed the vets.

Edited by Devlin

Wow, got back from a trip and just watched this game on the DVR! yes, all of it! UGLY

5 goals in the last 4 games, that ain't working!

looks like the league is onto Deboers breakout strategy with the devils, that and our defensemen are panicing with the puck. everyone knows our passing lanes

PP is weak real weak, henrique isnt patrik on the right wing, but even patrik ISNT patrik on the PP

good thing I gave tallinder props for skating the puck out from tight behind the net earlier this week, LOL

the team looks small, we arent going to pound other teams, were getting the pounding

our passing has been atrocious

dont care about the 4th line its the fisrt 3 thats a concern. they need a shake up

it time to start worrying

2 hours of breakout practice against a forechecking line of zub, kovy and parise

Respectfully disagree, 100%

As has been stated before, NHL .500 without the team's top 2 natural centers? After last season? Ill happily take this result.

I like your positive outlook but if you think this drought and defensive breakdown is simply the result of two centers being missed, then I think you’re dipping into the spiked koolaid. their return wont affect our impotent PP, and I don’t think elias and henrique are responsible for out breakout troubles, at times yes, but not overall

If Travis comes back and jump starts parise to a 40 goal pace, and Josephson sparks the Russian sniper then I'll be gulping that koolaid. I'm not giving up the ship here, but I see plenty to worry about

btw, being better than the worst start in history isnt nessecaraly a positive

Edited by EdgeControl