New Jersey needs at least *A* winger

Triumph

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian Gionta :whistling:

I mean, maybe? Montreal has these D: Subban, Markov, Kaberle, Emelin, Gorges, Boullion, Y. Weber, plus assorted stragglers. Weber was horrible last year. Boullion is bad - I wouldn't be surprised if at his age and his performance level, he's a 7th D. Andrei Markov finished out the season but I don't know if he can be counted on for anything. So maybe there's a need there.

But at forward, it's a little dicier.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta

Prust-Gomez-Leblanc

Moen-Eller-Armstrong

Could they move all those guys up a line after getting rid of Gionta? Maybe. But I don't know if I see it. I think NJ should be interested, though.

Edited by Triumph

Could they move all those guys up a line after getting rid of Gionta? Maybe. But I don't know if I see it. I think NJ should be interested, though.

33 years old and coming off an injury. And it's not like the Devils have had great returns on ex-Devils coming back. Montreal probably wouldn't mind getting his cap hit off their books. I guess the Devils could do worse...he did manage 57 goals in his first 143 GP as a Canadien, for whatever that's worth.

There is tons of market for him and I wouldn't be surprised if either Detroit or Pittsburgh signed him.

There is no strong demand for him. Detroit is not going to even bid on him, they are focused on Defense and rightfully so. Pittsburgh? They have to wrap up Malkin long term before getting anyone else. They have the cap space, but I find it hard to believe Balsma would want a loafer on his team.

His reputation is not one that any GM of a competitive would want. His own teammates question his dedication.

Clarkson has no significant value. He's UFA in a year. Would someone trade a 1st round pick for him? Sure. But he's not going to get NJ a long-term solution to anything.

Clarkson is the type of player every GM wants. Lou knows what he has and will re-sign him to a longer term deal.

of course you know i am in total agreement dealing an excess d man for a forward. I brought up paajarvi. you had mentioned chris stewart as a possibility. i want wingers of that ilk who can be under team control for at least 3 years.

i do believe that the devils should try to get semin or kostitsyn. semin is much preferred. i'm fine giving him 5/32. i am praying that the group GM think has his value at an all time low and they buy into the fact that he's terrible in the room and on the ice. the more people that mistakenly think he's max afinogenov, the better.

as for 13/14, the devils have 4 key forward UFA's at this point: Zajac, Elias, Zubrus, and Clarkson. I would very much like Lou to extend Zajac as soon as possible as I think he would almost assuredly bolt as a UFA unless he's way overpaid. I expect Elias, Zubrus and Clarkson all to resign and reasonable deals.

33 years old and coming off an injury. And it's not like the Devils have had great returns on ex-Devils coming back. Montreal probably wouldn't mind getting his cap hit off their books. I guess the Devils could do worse...he did manage 57 goals in his first 143 GP as a Canadien, for whatever that's worth.

I don't really know what 'bringing back ex-Devils' has to do with it. Yes, he played here. That's not what I'm looking at, he's a winger who could move and whose contract is well-suited to being here.

I don't really know what 'bringing back ex-Devils' has to do with it. Yes, he played here. That's not what I'm looking at, he's a winger who could move and whose contract is well-suited to being here.

Sometimes I just think it's best to move forward and not look to the past. Yes, every player is different, so the lack of success with ex-Devils doesn't necessarily apply, and Gio could come back and be a guy who pops in 25 goals and 50 points or so if he can remain healthy, and the Devils wouldn't be stuck with him for long if it didn't work out. Just doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies, even if it doesn't cost much to get him.

Not that I really want to help the Wild out right now, but their defense is Suter, Gilbert and 4 AHL caliber players. They are also basically at cap so they need to move salary to take on. Tallinder + prospect for Bouchard or Setoguchi?

The Wild aren't going anywhere with that Defense (Suter is the new Wade Redden).

Would love either of those guys. I like this.

What type of deal would Semin be looking for? 5 years/$35 mill?

More. I think he wants 6-8 years and a raise. 6/45 on the low end, 8/60 on the high.

I also think Semin may now be waiting for this Rick Nash crap to blow over.

Gonna take a lot more than that for Bobby Ryan. At the very least Merrill is going the other way.

Its going to take Henrique or at least Josefson, if they'd even be interested in Josefson to start. They want a center/offense. Anaheim is not on the market for defensive prospects when it concerns Ryan.

I don't see Semin getting 7 mill per season - I just don't see it.

I do understand that teams will overpay though

He just put up back to back seasons with 54 points.

Will be interesting to see what he winds up signing for and where..

If Devils go for him I doubt its longer than a 4 yr deal

More. I think he wants 6-8 years and a raise. 6/45 on the low end, 8/60 on the high.

I also think Semin may now be waiting for this Rick Nash crap to blow over.

Its going to take Henrique or at least Josefson, if they'd even be interested in Josefson to start. They want a center/offense. Anaheim is not on the market for defensive prospects when it concerns Ryan.

I do not know if 6/45 would be worth the gamble. For 8/60 he can GTFO. I wonder if Lou even called for a general inquiry...

I don't see Semin getting 7 mill per season - I just don't see it.

I do understand that teams will overpay though

He just put up back to back seasons with 54 points.

Will be interesting to see what he winds up signing for and where..

If Devils go for him I doubt its longer than a 4 yr deal

I can definitely see him getting 7 per year.