GDT: New Jersey Devils Vs Boston Bruins 7:00 PM ET

Devils01

Amen. Although, it isn't an effort thing with this team. Never has. They've had some good losses this season. They can't generate power plays, and they just can't finish. I am optimistic as they come on this board, but I felt it was done after the Jagr goal. Just feels like it's that kind of year. Amazing, how they have been so bad for so long and still are right in it.

Just a bad year. Anything that can go wrong does this year. It's a shame, but these things happen.

If the fvcking Flyers end up ahead of the Devils and Debour isn't fired I'm going to fvcking break something.

You don't have 19 points your first 12 games and then 20 your next 20+ games.

Bullsh!t someone or something needs to be CHANGED!!!!!

Get a grip. It's a hockey team.

They did have two post shots that didn't even count as shots on goal, and 'some' chances.  Maybe not as many as 40 SOG suggest, but if they had ****ing forwards that could score they would be higher quality shots, and goals.

They had a couple early in the game.   Henrique in front where he put it up instead of through.  Zubrus'.   Greene's.  Clarkson's wasn't a chance, it was a miss that hit the outside of the post after he dicked around into a backhand.

That frenzy for the Bruins when we fell apart for a minute or so had better chances than we were getting

If the fvcking Flyers end up ahead of the Devils and Debour isn't fired I'm going to fvcking break something.

You don't have 19 points your first 12 games and then 20 your next 20+ games.

Bullsh!t someone or something needs to be CHANGED!!!!!

It makes no difference.  As the Flyers are thugs the Devils pretty much go down without a fight - they have juuust enough fight to make the other team feel good about themselves.  They don't choke - they just pleasantly take their lumps and blame bad bounces, or give the other team props for getting it done.  It's always the same.  It's their place to lose like gentlemen.  and they comply more often than not these past 9 years.

They had a couple early in the game.   Henrique in front where he put it up instead of through.  Zubrus'.   Greene's.  Clarkson's wasn't a chance, it was a miss that hit the outside of the post after he dicked around into a backhand.

That frenzy for the Bruins when we fell apart for a minute or so had better chances than we were getting

Typical crock.  Devils had lots of chances - yes obviously Krejci with an open net is a better chance than anything NJ had.  But NJ had tons of great chances.

There is just no such thing as a bad bounce.  It's bounced because you put it in the WRONG PLACE.  YOU"RE WRONG!  YOU ARE NOT PLAYING WELL!!!  It's not bad luck.  You guys are NOT getting it done and no one is holding you accountable.

I think Clarkson fvcks up because he takes his mind off it at the very last possible second - and it's some big shock he misses?  It's like that -- everyone again and again.  

There is just no such thing as a bad bounce.  It's bounced because you put it in the WRONG PLACE.  YOU"RE WRONG!  YOU ARE NOT PLAYING WELL!!!  It's not bad luck.  You guys are NOT getting it done and no one is holding you accountable.

Can't say I disagree on the one hand.  On the other hand, this group just ain't talented enough to take advantage of bounces.  Having Lokti fall into our laps wasn't going to make up for 50+ goals walking out the door this summer.

Can't say I disagree on the one hand.  On the other hand, this group just ain't talented enough to take advantage of bounces.  Having Lokti fall into our laps wasn't going to make up for 50+ goals walking out the door this summer.

Oh my eye -- I heard Parise try to sell that same "bad bounce, just not going our way" sh!t as much as anyone - in fact he's one of the constants with this gentlemen sad-sack crap the teams been dishing out with regularity.

Best loss of the season?  Really?  A loss is a loss and we lose ground on the Isles and Rag$.  You all jumped down my throat when I said bring back Sykora, but for cheap, our goal drought wouldn't be THIS bad.

You think Sykora will get all of his fortunate goals off the faceoff dot again? He wouldnt make the difference.

You think Sykora will get all of his fortunate goals off the faceoff dot again? He wouldnt make the difference.

Those might be the 'only' goals Sykora got this year lol (he's always been good at that - see Game 5 2003 Finals).  But I agree, he wasn't getting 20 again and putting him in a top six role would have diminishing returns this year since he literally can't do anything else at this point.  They had to replace his production from somewhere else.

How many scoring chances do you think NJ had?  I think 15 is a good number - could well be higher.  It's one of their better offensive performances in that regard this season.

Legitimate, not counting shots (Greene didn't get a shot)... probably ten-ish.   Not so different that I disagree with you, it's just the volume we chucked didn't result in much more than they got in that regard.   With scoring chances I'm kinda like the Devils shotclock guy is with shots.   I'm not giving one up for the sake of doing it.

They carried play, which is good, especially against them, but it was just a very frustrating watch.   Too many shots that broke up our possession when we should be grinding it out.

Those might be the 'only' goals Sykora got this year lol (he's always been good at that - see Game 5 2003 Finals).  But I agree, he wasn't getting 20 again and putting him in a top six role would have diminishing returns this year since he literally can't do anything else at this point.  They had to replace his production from somewhere else.

Imagine Sykora facing tougher competition with no Parise and Kovy in the lineup. Disastrous! Just like whats happening to Clarkson.

Edited by Zubie#8

I'm sorry I'm not ready to give up on my team I'm pissed I pay for Center Ice , and watching them lose while listening to the coaches say we're playing well I like the way we played = BS to the paying customer, fan!

The fans are ( an not all of them ) are saying we're screwed lets wait til next year it's a great draft, ( I may even have said this myself ) !

Well as a fan deep down in my heart I say fvck that! I'm a New Jersey Devils fan and as long as we are mathematically in it play your hearts out! Also no one on this team should be safe, you play like sh!t come the the off season fire them!

These are my opinion from a old time fan!

Imagine Sykora facing tougher competition with no Parise and Kovy in the lineup. Disastrous! Just like whats happening to Clarkson.

Bringing up Clarkson, I'd rather see slug Sykora than the Clarkson of the last twenty five games lol.  At least he wouldn't do the dumb **** like pulling up before getting to the line and going offsides in the last two minutes.