[Official] Damien Brunner signed to multi-year deal

caron14

the only reason revenues are going up is because they raise ticket prices every year.They aren't growing the game, they're just sucking more cash out of the people who already like it.

The ratings and the money NBC is paying the league for broadcasting rights unmistakeably tells you it's a lot more than that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You can't compare a 23 year old (Henrique) to a 27 year (Brunner). One is in their prime, while the other is just tapping into it. As such, the older dude is going to command more $$.

Anywho, look for Henrique to get nearly the exact same contract as Hagelin did with the Rags (2 years with $2.25 cap hit) - their stats are nearly identical:

Edited by hoekster316

You can't compare a 23 year old (Henrique) to a 27 year (Brunner). One is in their prime, while the other is just tapping into it. As such, the older dude is going to command more $$.

Anywho, look for Henrique to get nearly the exact same contract as Hagelin did with the Rags (2 years with $2.25 cap hit) - their stats are nearly identical:

This is a fair assessment for Henrique, but don't you think it's possible that his agent will try to play on to the fact that the Devils lost two key forwards.  If I'm Henrique's agent, I'm using that as leverage to get more than market value, aka Hagelin. 

Henrique rep: "You need him, you can't afford to let him walk or not play."

Edited by RizzMB30

He doesn't and neither does Henrique. Bottom line Brunner shouldn't get any more than 2 mil for 44 games and 26 points.

Josefson isn't getting more than 2mil, no chance.  Not with what he has accomplished in his time here.  Look at what Fayne got.  Henrique on the other hand is a different story.  Brunner shouldn't get more than 2 mil based on his stats, your right, but I think 44 games is a small sample size plus the demand for and need to get a deal done is more imperative than for Henrique.

This is a fair assessment for Henrique, but don't you think it's possible that his agent will try to play on to the fact that the Devils lost two key forwards.  If I'm Henrique's agent, I'm using that as leverage to get more than market value, aka Hagelin. 

Henrique is entering his prime earning years, can't afford to be throwing that away over relative pennies.  Henrique's agent has almost no leverage.

He can't walk, but he can sit out. Don't get me wrong, I love Henrique and think he's our future star but I don't think he has the resume to make that threat, particularly to Lou.

I'm not against signing Brunner, but I have strong reservations about it. I definitely think that if we sign Brunner we need to sign one more forward.

There just isn't any room if Brunner signs.

Elias, Zajac, Ryder, Loktionov, Henrique, Brunner, Zubrus, Clowe, Josefson, Tedenby, Olesz, Bernier, Gionta, Carter, Barch

Thats 15 forwards. Although I do agree if we sign Brunner I would love to add Grabovski at a lower rate than the $5+ he was making in Toronto.

Elias, Zajac, Ryder, Loktionov, Henrique, Brunner, Zubrus, Clowe, Josefson, Tedenby, Olesz, Bernier, Gionta, Carter, Barch

Thats 15 forwards. Although I do agree if we sign Brunner I would love to add Grabovski at a lower rate than the $5+ he was making in Toronto.

Barring an f'n miracle, Tedenby will be bounced back and forth from the AHL depending on injuries (much like Bobby Butler last year) and possibly lost on waivers (but honestly, who would want him at this point?!). Barch will be scratched like 80% of the season. There's plenty of room for Brunner.

Grabo's good, but he's got too much baggage. Plus he's Belarussian. I don't want him bolting for the KHL.

Grabo's good, but he's got too much baggage. Plus he's Belarussian. I don't want him bolting for the KHL.

We're over-loaded with Centers and I think Grabovski showed he is very much not the type of player Lou would ever sign after his crazy post-buyout interview.

I think from a business standpoint he has been great for the league and they are already forecasting a billion dollars in growth next season.. That's insane People forget his job is to grow the business of the NHL. Sure theirs an emotional side to the sport/league and we all buy into it, but the NHL doesn't exist without the nitty gritty business side

This is true, but what I don't understand is why can't we have an actual hockey person to replace Bettman's role in rule changes and other things related to the actual on-ice gameplay?  Bettman is great for the business aspect, but I think it would be better if we had an actual hockey guy that is well-respected, like a Gretzky, Yzerman, or Linden type of guy to decide on rule changes and present the Stanley Cup, etc.

People knocking Brunner for having to be setup to score, with all due respect, are crazy. All stats show that the Devils were dominant in terms of possession last year - if you watched any game during our 10 game losing streak, I guarantee you screamed at the TV, "HOW THE HELL DID WE LOSE ANOTHER GAME WHEN WE DOMINATED THEM?!?!

Well, our biggest issue was that, even though we had the puck all the time, no one could put the damn thing into the net. We had a load of playmakers with no one to finish. Enter Damien Brunner, a guy who can finish.

So true. Brunner can score and i rather have him then hemsky.... (not that i hate hemsky but i feel brunner is a better fitand he dont have the injuries issues) i dont remember when was the last time hemsky play a full season 

I think from a business standpoint he has been great for the league and they are already forecasting a billion dollars in growth next season.. That's insane People forget his job is to grow the business of the NHL. Sure theirs an emotional side to the sport/league and we all buy into it, but the NHL doesn't exist without the nitty gritty business side

This is true, but what I don't understand is why can't we have an actual hockey person to replace Bettman's role in rule changes and other things related to the actual on-ice gameplay? Bettman is great for the business aspect, but I think it would be better if we had an actual hockey guy that is well-respected, like a Gretzky, Yzerman, or Linden type of guy to decide on rule changes and present the Stanley Cup, etc.

Bettman dos not decide on rule changes. In fact he has a limited involvement in it.

The commissioner in every sport presents the championship trophy. Who cares.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bettman dos not decide on rule changes. In fact he has a limited involvement in it. The commissioner in every sport presents the championship trophy. Who cares. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bettman dos not decide on rule changes. In fact he has a limited involvement in it. The commissioner in every sport presents the championship trophy. Who cares. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Daniel, spot on. But you forgot to mention he conducts the first round of the draft.  Why he still gets booed I don't understand. But that's a discussion for another day.

not sure if that dude is legit he doesnt even have 300 followers but here's what he's saying

per Nick Barlotta

Hearing deal is imminent between Devils and Brunner.. hearing 3 million for 4 years.. also hearing devs had talked with Mason Raymond

Devils and Brunner are patching out details.. mind you DEAL IS NOT DONE... but Mason Raymond could be done before Brunner.. 4 years 2.75 per

so I say it and poof they do it.. coming from my source Devils have looked into Gagne but seems he want a little more then hoped.

*Correction* was just told by my NJD source... Mason Raymond 2.75 is not the money amount and 4 years is not the years... so we wait

dude sounds legit, i'm sure details of devils negotiations leak out all the time

do you think we believe this 100% when we post those? who cares ? its just rumoured numbers that we can discuss about, if those discussions are not high enough on your superior standard, well stay out of it thats all. Lot of us here just like to talk and discuss about those rumours. Not harming anyone and its entertaining. 

You're like that guy that you're watching action movies with and all movie long going "oh yeah, as if thats possible!"

We're here for entertainment dude. 

• Like 1

do you think we believe this 100% when we post those? who cares ? its just rumoured numbers that we can discuss about, if those discussions are not high enough on your superior standard, well stay out of it thats all. Lot of us here just like to talk and discuss about those rumours. Not harming anyone and its entertaining. 

You're like that guy that you're watching action movies with and all movie long going "oh yeah, as if thats possible!"

We've been over this.  I'd much rather hear what you think than what some idiot on Twitter making stuff up thinks.

• Like 2

Caron asked if we thought he was legit.