New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

This whole Kovy thing is really getting old. I just about do not care anymore. Obviously all he cares about is the perfect contract for HIM. He doesnt care about playing for the devils or kings. its all about Kovy.

With all due respect, If I had a nickel for every time someone said they "don't care anymore" and then continued to post in the thread...

edit: Then again, there's no one here right now... 26 users????????????????

Edited by ben00rs

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is true, almost makes it sound like it didnt go well in LA for Kovy and he is coming back east.

STOP AND THINK

I want to clear up some of this stuff I’m hearing from media…

It’s from my understanding that Kovy, not the Kings, walked away from the table each time.

Kings are so desperate to sign Kovy, they invited him to LA to meet with management, some future teammates, and had the wives meet up with his wife to take her out shopping. They were the ones wooing Kovy, not the other way around.

Why would the Kings arrange for the royal treatment if Kovy was the one pursuing them? [Think for a second, people.]

He went to LA for the first time on Sunday to hear what they had to say (not three times). It’s easier to persuade someone to sign if you can talk face to face with them and try to sell the idea to them. Quite another when you have to work through an agent and not the player.

The Kovalchuk camp needs another team interested in him to gain leverage to get the contract that they really want from the team that Kovalchuk really wants to sign with.

Based on what I heard…I don’t think Kovalchuk liked Hollywood all that much. Why else would the Kings be so tight-lipped today?

Kovy’s camp will take what happened in LA and take it to the table with the Devils.

As for the KHL…if they were ever really in the running, Kovy would have signed by now because the KHL pre-season starts sooner rather than later. In other words, his summer would be over in a few short weeks.

With all due respect, If I had a nickel for every time someone said they "don't care anymore" and then continued to post in the thread...

How can anyone not come back to this thread? lol

FWIW, The latest Internet news on Kovalchuk...

So I have to add something with Ilya....All I have heard this morning is more of the same sentiment that the Kings and Ilya are no closer to a deal now, with some really seeing the two as further apart.

"I seriously can't see them getting it done now," one key source said. A source who thought this would get done.

Of course, there appear to be only two options for Ilya...so NJ is again the leader in my opinion, but the Kings are playing this as hard as they can.

Essentially, the Kings and Devils know the Cap has seriously limited Ilya's options, and are playing it that way...neither team is saying, "screw it, we HAVE to have this guy." Meanwhile, Kovalchuk has yet to say, "screw it, I wish it was year 1 or 2, post lockout, but it isn't....I want to live here and this is enough money to make my family happy."

Sooner or later, one side has to give.

FWIW, The latest Єklund (2.3% accurate) news on Kovalchuk...

So I have to add something with Ilya....All I have heard this morning is more of the same sentiment that the Kings and Ilya are no closer to a deal now, with some really seeing the two as further apart.

"I seriously can't see them getting it done now," one key source said. A source who thought this would get done.

Of course, there appear to be only two options for Ilya...so NJ is again the leader in my opinion, but the Kings are playing this as hard as they can.

Essentially, the Kings and Devils know the Cap has seriously limited Ilya's options, and are playing it that way...neither team is saying, "screw it, we HAVE to have this guy." Meanwhile, Kovalchuk has yet to say, "screw it, I wish it was year 1 or 2, post lockout, but it isn't....I want to live here and this is enough money to make my family happy."

Fixed

Where's this from? You need to credit where you're taking material from.

Also, I think you should change your name from HOLLYWOOD to HACKENSACK. Y'know, for good New Jersey luck. :lol:

I still don't think he is worth it fo being a one way player, unless he can change but I think IMO he's ego is to big for that.

But this soap opera is priceless and this thread is awesome, so either way it's a win.

If we do sign him just hope we don't bite off more than we can chew!

If this is true, almost makes it sound like it didnt go well in LA for Kovy and he is coming back east.

Almost makes it sound? She was pretty direct.

How can anyone not come back to this thread? lol

Lol...It's like a drug...it really is...and not pot either...more like Cocaine: Once you get a hit of some Kovy news you get really wild and start posting really fast and then you get depressed when you run out of news. The you get withdrawel and start talking about seeing ninjas on the thread and discussing the possibility of mixing Kool-Aid with eggs.

Edited by ben00rs

the article was a great read and truer words were never spoken about LA. It is almost worse then a tv show because we can't vote kovy off the island or out of the house. and so we sit and wait...again

http://michellekenneth.wordpress.com/2010/07/13/2026/

i agree with everything michelle says here, i'm still certain devils are going to sign kovie when he realizes there is no other money to be had.

From what I've heard in random press reports/blogs/etc., the issue isn't whether Kovy wants to be in LA, but whether he's willing to take some kind of discount to go there.

The figures that LA supposedly offered were ridiculously low (12 years $60 million by one account() even for those who think he's a team killer, selfish, overrated, etc. (You might not like him, but I think he should be getting more money than Wade Redden).

Interesting read.

I am under the impression that Kovy needs a bargaining chip. He needs more than one team interested in him so that he can get what he wants from the team that he really wants to sign with. But he is looking for a knock my socks off offer that just isn’t coming.

Would a player fly to LA for a bargaining chip. An offer can come is via phone or fax. Plus the Kings were already interested when the Devs made an offer, no?

Kings are so desperate to sign Kovy, they invited him to LA to meet with management, some future teammates, and had the wives meet up with his wife to take her out shopping. They were the ones wooing Kovy, not the other way around.

Doesn't this counter the first quote? I think Kovy simply wants to be a King, but Lou possibly has a better offer. So both Kovy and Kings were trying to work face to face to make a contract they are both happy with. I would rather have seen Kovy working with Lou (though he quietly may be). It just seems the Devs are off to business with prospect camp with a good offer sitting for Kovy, while he tries to get a better deal with the team he really wants to play for.

This is getting really deceptive. 8 days ago on Monday when there seemed to be a general consensus that he would sign in NJ by the end of the day my excitement peaked. Then on Thursday when the kings suggested they once again had no interest i felt the same way. Sunday night i accepted that it probably wasn't going to happen when i learned he was flying to LA. I convinced myself it was no big deal and thought of other potential options. Now with all these reports that he didn't like LA i can't help but feel really good again.

Hollywood, I appreciate the effort you make to provide this board with informantion. However, you never post a source for the material your putting on this board, making your posts baseless rumors which aren't really supposed to be thrown around on these boards. Especially as a new poster, you need to back up what you post here - it would be much appreciated

wow are you serious? thanks. 99.9% of the board couldnt figure that out about this team so glad you were here to share

First of all, learn to type. Second of all, there are plenty of people that think the devils should stick to a defensive style since it's worked thus far.

Aside from being an obviously angry little twat and spouting nonsense what exactly have you added that has been of any value? Oh yea, that's right, nothing.

It's good news for the Devils that there has been zero positive word out of LA after Kovalchuk's royal visit yesterday.

But will this be resolved any time soon?

For some reason, when I look at the one on the left, I can't help but think she is the kind of girl who thinks they are hot sh!t and then gets really drunk and starts crying for some god awful reason and then the frat guys see who draws the small straw to take her back to her dorm or just toss her out the window.