Random Thoughts & Stuff

sammyk

You can still get it, but you have to ask for it. They replaced it with that godawful Baconator on the value menu, but if you ask for the Big Bacon Classic combo they'll hook you up. At least the Wendy's on 88 in Point Pleasant does.

No matter what you get at a fast food place you have to ask for it :P. Just thought it was a funny quick spin on words.

i went today, got some chicken nuggets, good stuff.

Off point but what is that guy who got the patriots helmet tatooed on his head going to do, i mean he was banking on them winning this year.

So Texas is going to get to pick a new license plate design or stick with the current. They will also add an extra digit. Here are the choices, the last one being the current one:

txplatesxb1.jpg

"Lone Star Texas" is currently in the lead by a wide margin but I picked "New Texas".

I like the "Lone Star Texas" one the best.

hillary rodham clinton

"RAMOONNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEE

i'd rather vote for a retarded Iraqi with a nail bomb stuck to her tongue"

-Jim Norton

I think I'm going to quit my job -- without having another one lined up. My parents are not pleased and we got into a little fight about it where I yelled, "It's my life and I don't need your permission." I understand it's a bit (okay a lot of) a risk considering I will not have health insurance or any money for that matter -- but my job is making me really unhappy. I don't expect co-workers or people to kiss my ass day in and day out telling me I'm doing a great job, but the job is making me feel stupid. I feel stupid. I feel like I never do a good job on anything. That's the way people are making me feel. I don't enjoy it. I don't feel fulfilled. (and perhaps I'm being too idealistic)Maybe I'm just not good at PR -- maybe I just don't like doing PR in the "real world". I look at my managers and I don't even want their job. Maybe I'll like it elsewhere in another practice that's not healthcare. If it's not public relations then I don't know what I'm going to do.. I wish I was one of those people that has a calling or knew exactly what they want to do. I wish I had a talent.. or something. *sigh*

/vent.

sorry for rambling as usual.

Probably not the greatest idea quitting. Have you talked to your managers about your work? Are they the ones making you feel like you aren't doing a good job? Have you sat down with them to see what is expected of you or anything? You must be doing something right if they're keeping you around, right? If you really want to leave then can't you stick it out until you find something else?

yeah this is true

quitting just because you're having trouble hackng it will not serve you well down the road

(sorry if that was harsh, but that's how it is going to look on paper to future employers)

maybe you just need a productive hobby to make putting up with the job bullsh!t worth all the grief?

So I just got back from Wal-Mart. The dude in front of me had 19 six-packs of Coke (four of them diet). He tells the lady, he has four diet and 12 regular. She counts and he has 15 regular, scam denied. Then I guess he asked for help to take them to his car. WTF, they were in a cart! So the lady tells me she'd be right back, I guess she went to find someone to do this for him. Instead of waiting I went to the other cashier who had just finished up with someone else. So I leave the store same time he does and he happens to be parked next to me. Dude had a Mercedes ML320! He certainly didn't look like the stereotypical Benz owner but WTF, was he able to afford the Benz from past (successful) soda scams!? :evil:

So I just got back from Wal-Mart. The dude in front of me had 19 six-packs of Coke (four of them diet). He tells the lady, he has four diet and 12 regular. She counts and he has 15 regular, scam denied. Then I guess he asked for help to take them to his car. WTF, they were in a cart! So the lady tells me she'd be right back, I guess she went to find someone to do this for him. Instead of waiting I went to the other cashier who had just finished up with someone else. So I leave the store same time he does and he happens to be parked next to me. Dude had a Mercedes ML320! He certainly didn't look like the stereotypical Benz owner but WTF, was he able to afford the Benz from past (successful) soda scams!? :evil:

He looked like he was older than he was. Face and hands worn and weathered as if he did outdoor manual labor all his life. Had on an old leather jacket and dirty jeans.

Oh btw, he did buy flowers too so I guess he had someone waiting for him at home...she probably got the four six-packs of Diet Coke too. :giggle:

February sucks.

To start this wonderful month, I get hit by a car. Me, physically. Hit and run, actually.

I hurt my hip.

Not even, what, two weeks later, I'm driving home in the snow storm and a clip a telephone pole after a car cuts me off.

I lose my side mirror.

Same drive, I'm on 80, my car makes the executive decision that actually running is not something it's going to do.

Everything locks up, I slam into a guard rail.

I'm rushed to the hospital. Bad concussion, cut up face, strained neck and back.

At least I'm alive. Car is totaled.

I wake up today really dizzy, cannot see straight. I decide to just stay in bed. Screw school.

I get a phone call saying there has been fraudulent activity on my debit card.

There's only $77 left in my account.

Closed the account, now have to wait 5-7 days for a new card and everything.

Life is stupid right now.

February sucks.

To start this wonderful month, I get hit by a car. Me, physically. Hit and run, actually.

I hurt my hip.

Not even, what, two weeks later, I'm driving home in the snow storm and a clip a telephone pole after a car cuts me off.

I lose my side mirror.

Same drive, I'm on 80, my car makes the executive decision that actually running is not something it's going to do.

I'm rushed to the hospital. Bad concussion, cut up face, strained neck and back.

I wake up today really dizzy, cannot see straight. I decide to just stay in bed. Screw school.

Edited by SatansDevils

Probably not the greatest idea quitting. Have you talked to your managers about your work? Are they the ones making you feel like you aren't doing a good job? Have you sat down with them to see what is expected of you or anything? You must be doing something right if they're keeping you around, right? If you really want to leave then can't you stick it out until you find something else?
yeah this is true

quitting just because you're having trouble hackng it will not serve you well down the road

(sorry if that was harsh, but that's how it is going to look on paper to future employers)

maybe you just need a productive hobby to make putting up with the job bullsh!t worth all the grief?

I know... I know. I'm not going to quit. I really can't because I have stuff to pay for and I need to keep saving. (Plus my parents have decided to start charging me $200 rent a month. I know it's not a lot, but I was still bitchy about it. and okay, a little dramatic when they broke the new)

I got a semi-bitchy e-mail from one of the senior acct executives on my team who reviews some of my work occasionally. I think that was the last straw for me and I just personally never feel like I can do anything right. I need to stop being so critical of myself I guess. There hasn't been a lot of work on my account lately and I have to keep asking my manager if there is anything I can help with. I'm starting to feel line I'm being annoying. However, I can't just decide by myself to start writing up materials or giving myself work as in healthcare it seems things need to be approved by eight million people --not to mention our budget has been tight as of late. I have to be really careful what I bill my hours to. Good news though, I am going to now be split 50/50 between two accounts and that will give me more work.

I think the cycle of work, sleep, work, sleep has really been bringing me down. I have no friends around here and my social life is non-existant. My mother suggested I try online dating. I was not thrilled. (No offense to those who are into online dating.. it's just not for me I don't think)

February sucks.

I hurt my hip.

I lose my side mirror.

Awww RD, I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a sucky month. I hope you're feeling better and that your month gets better.

Edited by LA03

I know... I know. I'm not going to quit. I really can't because I have stuff to pay for and I need to keep saving. (Plus my parents have decided to start charging me $200 rent a month. I know it's not a lot, but I was still bitchy about it. and okay, a little dramatic when they broke the new)

I got a semi-bitchy e-mail from one of the senior acct executives on my team who reviews some of my work occasionally. I think that was the last straw for me and I just personally never feel like I can do anything right. I need to stop being so critical of myself I guess. There hasn't been a lot of work on my account lately and I have to keep asking my manager if there is anything I can help with. I'm starting to feel line I'm being annoying. However, I can't just decide by myself to start writing up materials or giving myself work as in healthcare it seems things need to be approved by eight million people --not to mention our budget has been tight as of late. I have to be really careful what I bill my hours to. Good news though, I am going to now be split 50/50 between two accounts and that will give me more work.

I think the cycle of work, sleep, work, sleep has really been bringing me down. I have no friends around here and my social life is non-existant. My mother suggested I try online dating. I was not thrilled. (No offense to those who are into online dating.. it's just not for me I don't think)

Work's gonna suck for ya... no matter what... even doing your dream oh my god this is the perfect job... something will suck (for me it's I don't work ENOUGH)

and yeah you're being a bit rough on yourself.. but we all are... it's human

dating is one thing... and it's nice and all (well actually dating SUCKS, finding someone good is nice ... way different :P)... but you won't be happy with someone unless you are happy with the direction and other things in your life... and it just doesn't work, and before you know it... you're expecting a miracle from the relationship (or maybe it's all me...and I again hate the concept of dating too :rant:)... the more important thing is get yourself an out of the house hobby you can do once a week... I can get away with going to hockey games and movies alone personally... but that's not for most people... maybe something simple like a bowling league maybe?? I dunno... just a shot in the dark :noclue: