It has been awhile...(2013 Starting Roster Discussion)

Mayday

If the Devils don't trade a Dman away how do you all feel about moving Harrold to F? I really liked what I saw from him in the postseason and want him to get some playing time somehow. I guess this would be assuming the 4th line suffers an injury or proves ineffective.

We would still have to sit someone every night unless we play 7 D. I just dont see how we cannot trade anyone away. Ideally you want Harrold as a the 7th Dman, right now hes our 8th.

Edited by Zubie#8

We would still have to sit someone every night unless we play 7 D. I just dont see how we cannot trade anyone away. Ideally you want Harrold as a the 7th Dman, right now hes our 8th.

We could def run 7 D until a trade is made.

You have:

Green-Fayne

Tally-Larsson

Salvador-Zidlicky

Volch

Then if need be, stick Harrold on the 4th line, bump Bernier up to the 3rd and it's not all that bad. Even could put Carter up there, he's solid defensively for the most part.

We could def run 7 D until a trade is made.

You have:

Green-Fayne

Tally-Larsson

Salvador-Zidlicky

Volch

Then if need be, stick Harrold on the 4th line, bump Bernier up to the 3rd and it's not all that bad. Even could put Carter up there, he's solid defensively for the most part.

I just think we have to get down to 7 defensemen early in the season. I dont like the thought of having a logjam with 8 guys and having one or two sitting or playing offense. But thats just me.

Its a good problem to have though.

Edited by Zubie#8

Been thinking about the PP and here's what I've come up with.

Unit 1-

Elias-Zajac-Clarkson

Kovy- Zids

Of course Zajac takes all of the faceoffs and Elias goes to the half boards and works his magic. Zajac will wait in the middle of the ice and look for one timers. Clarkson will take over Parise's role by the side of the net when he's not screening the goalie.

Unit 2

Henrique-Josefson-Butler

Kovy-Larsson

Butler will take over Sykora's role on the second unit. While I'd like Josefson to handle the puck as much as possible as he has the best hands and vision. Ideally you have Henrique in front of the net looking for tips. My only worry is that this unit is too small, so Zubrus could be inserted in Henrique's spot. The other question is whether or not Larsson is ready for this unit.

Matteau's getting an invite to camp, what do you guys think his chances are of making the team? I think he could look good on the LW with Josefson and Clarkson

It's unknown if Matteau is invited, he is on the list of eligible people to invite. Chere messed his first tweet up.