Photo

The Devils should just forfeit the rest of the series...

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:22 AM

They will show up but be down 2-0 by full time. After the Rags scored that first goal the game was over. The scum from the Garden got into their heads.
Posted Image Posted Image

#22 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:03 AM

Edited by ice dog, 15 May 2012 - 04:07 AM.

"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#23 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:07 AM

I don't know what else to say
How can we tame the mighty Rangers "collapse in front of the sofa and pray for dear life" strategy?

have not watched many rangers games and it just occurred to me, i thought the NHL made the Queen's pads illegal.
Yet there he is with those refrigerator doors still strapped to his legs. :noclue:
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#24 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:20 AM

I guess Flyers fans were happy after their Game 1, too...

The only one who scared me last night was the queen. If the rags win this series, it's because he carries them on his back. No one else really impressed me much, instead we saw a ton of boring hockey Rangers fans supposedly despise. :roll:

Every game is a different story and Game 1 usually serves for both teams to get to feel each other's play. This Devils team has proven it doesn't panic, it adapts and I'm sure DeBo will come up with a way to get through that bus the rags parked in their defensive zone. I hope they're as overconfident as it gets right now.

Great post on the rags fanbase and "tradition" by 7, BTW.

#25 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:14 AM

I'm thinking you don't get through it. If the Rugs want to block shots with their faces and chests then let them; don't stop, hold the shot, and look for another angle just let it blast into them. A period or two of that should put some smiles on their bench, eh?

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#26 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:35 AM

Last night they played like us 10 yrs ago.

#27 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:53 AM

Sometimes that's enough.

Otherwise great post, but you left out lots of guys like Pavel Brendl and Grachev.

The only question is if grachev's #91 should be hung between giacomin and gilbert or leetch and richter? decision decisions
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#28 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:03 AM

So do you think the third was the Devils stopping to figure out the "sofa maneuver"?

and I also want to add that this Rangers "system" is not like the Devils of old. The Devils of old made guys panic once they had to go into the Devils zone. You just saw it in their eyes -- they'd be on the rush and once they hit the blue line, choked up and started thinking. Did the Devils start hesitating to figure out the ice in the third? I think that was what the defense brought to Marty -- just made players broadcast their fear more so they were easier to read.

I too really loved your post '7' you really captured the game well.

I'm here for the party

#29 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,282 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:24 AM

Am I the only one that's legit worried? :(

#30 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:28 AM

no and i think we need to put together a stealth mission to kidnap the queen!
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#31 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,752 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:34 AM

hahaha, this made my day. here i thought this was another panicky ^7^ post.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#32 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:36 AM

no and i think we need to put together a stealth mission to kidnap the queen!

I don't think the queen has as much to do with it as the rest of the rugs constantly laying on the ice. According to yesterday's USA Today* (this doesn't include last night's game, obviously):

The Devils have blocked 37 shots since the playoffs started, with 21 blocked by Andy Greene.
Dan Girardi and Ryan McDongh have combined for 86 blocked shots. Marc Staal has 26, Ryan and Callahan has blocked 23.

* I don't have the online edition, so to properly credit quote is form USA Today, Monday May 14th, 2012, page 6C, in the article "No. 1 New York Rangers vs. No. 6 New Jersey Devils" by Kevin Allen

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#33 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:40 AM

Best post in some damn time.

Friggin phenomenal work, '7'!

Edit: Damn double-post.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod, 15 May 2012 - 08:41 AM.

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#34 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,752 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:46 AM

I don't think the queen has as much to do with it as the rest of the rugs constantly laying on the ice. According to yesterday's USA Today* (this doesn't include last night's game, obviously):

The Devils have blocked 37 shots since the playoffs started, with 21 blocked by Andy Greene.
Dan Girardi and Ryan McDongh have combined for 86 blocked shots. Marc Staal has 26, Ryan and Callahan has blocked 23.

The Rangers home scorer overcounts blocked shots. The Devils home scorer undercounts blocked shots.

HOME BLOCKED SHOTS, NYR: 666
HOME BLOCKED SHOTS, NJD: 332

ROAD BLOCKED SHOTS, NYR: 672
ROAD BLOCKED SHOTS, NJD: 606

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#35 munichdevil

munichdevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:47 AM

I'm thinking you don't get through it. If the Rugs want to block shots with their faces and chests then let them; don't stop, hold the shot, and look for another angle just let it blast into them. A period or two of that should put some smiles on their bench, eh?

Exactly. They should keep shooting and keep shooting high on the Queen. The more faces they hit in the process the better. Man, I really have a strong dislike for these Rags. Besides, I hope we have better referees in game 2. Instead of being on a PP ourselves because of DZs hand on the puck we give up a PP goal. That sucks big time.

#36 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:44 AM

Blueprint to beat the Rangers: Study Brian Rafalski

So a major question for the Devils' coaching staff is: How to you beat Torts' sprawling wingers and get shots? This is especially important since the Devils already have had trouble scoring on goaltender extraordinaire Henrik Lundqvist. The answer is simple: go "Back to the Future."

Larry Robinson, the Devils assistant and defensive coach, was coaching Brian Rafalski during his tenure as the head coach of New Jersey in the early 2000s. Rafalski's offensive style from the point is the ingredient needed to neutralize flailing forwards who create snow angels while taking away your shooting lanes from the point.

Brian Rafalski mastered the hard wrist/ snap shot from the point, that was more accurate than a slap shot and more susceptible to deflections in front of the net. And he had a quick release. It's enough to make you think of adding Petr Sykora to the point on the Power Play because of his well-timed shot with the precision of a marksman.

#37 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,791 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

Blueprint to beat the Rangers: Study Brian Rafalski

Too bad guys like Rafalski don't grow on trees.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#38 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:16 AM

Rafalski was also one of the best I've ever seen at keeping pucks in the zone, never saw a puck bounce over his stick, or through his legs. He kept everything in
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#39 gata

gata

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:16 AM

Posted Image

That was great

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#40 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:47 AM

Am I the only one that's legit worried? :(

I'm a bit troubled myself. The Devils worst enemy will be themselves. They CANNOT allow the Rangers and Lundqvist to get inside their heads. This would be a self-enflicted mortal wound.

Instead, the Devils have to work, work, and work. And if they go down a goal or two, be resilient to come back and score.

The Devils have a much more potent offense. They have to keep things simple, shoot more, and stymie the Rangers to a point where they start questioning themselves.

Also, you CANNOT have goals like the one Kreider scored last night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users