I Need Your Opinions as Devils Fans on this

Meals on Wheels

personally its why I like sitting up in the 100 or 200 section, I find the lower bowl to be stiff with people that aren't really fans but just there

I sit in section 8 and I yell literally from horn to horn ... but yeah in majority the fans in my section are business people who want to take clients to the game..... I am the person they hate to sit in-front of....

Edited by DevsChamps3x

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually completely agree with you. I hate most of our fans. They don't get loud, they don't get involved in the game, and they don't really know how to get involved. One thing that I noticed during the game that made me shake my head. There was a "get loud" thing going on between whistles. I was surprised that the crowd was actually getting loud. But the exact moment the puck was dropped, the whole arena went quiet again. That kind of stuff pisses me off. It would be so much better if everyone kept the noise going. Even doing the correct chants would help. Too many people do LGD way too slow. Other fans (namely Rangers, Capitals, Penguins, and Blackhawks) are always bashed for being front runners...But it seems like they cheer better than our fans. For example when we tried "rock your red", I would see about half the arena in red. Everyone else just wearing whatever. Then you get pens and coyotes ALL in white. Flyers in orange, caps in red. It's ridiculous.

Also, you can be ejected from your seats for cussing (not you, the no-fun fans who were probably oiler fans in hiding.). It's a family environment and there is no cussing allowed.

Edit: Same game, someone had a horn and kept blowing it. The people around him weren't happy about that. So they ripped it from his hands and broke it.

Edited by Vic Rattlehead18

I actually completely agree with you. I hate most of our fans. They don't get loud, they don't get involved in the game, and they don't really know how to get involved. One thing that I noticed during the game that made me shake my head. There was a "get loud" thing going on between whistles. I was surprised that the crowd was actually getting loud. But the exact moment the puck was dropped, the whole arena went quiet again. That kind of stuff pisses me off. It would be so much better if everyone kept the noise going. Even doing the correct chants would help. Too many people do LGD way too slow. Other fans (namely Rangers, Capitals, Penguins, and Blackhawks) are always bashed for being front runners...But it seems like they cheer better than our fans. For example when we tried "rock your red", I would see about half the arena in red. Everyone else just wearing whatever. Then you get pens and coyotes ALL in white. Flyers in orange, caps in red. It's ridiculous.

Also, you can be ejected from your seats for cussing (not you, the no-fun fans who were probably oiler fans in hiding.). It's a family environment and there is no cussing allowed.

Edit: Same game, someone had a horn and kept blowing it. The people around him weren't happy about that. So they ripped it from his hands and broke it.

You still work @ the Rock for security? Where can I find you?

Not security (although I think they're hiring). I'm an usher. I have a ponytail, big goatee, mustache, glasses, american flag hanging out of my front pocket, and a devils towel hanging out of my back pocket.

I can't remember seeing you before. Is that your picture in your avatar?

yeah but i dont look like that anymore really. I'm usually in the upperbowl

Well I myself prefer the upperbowl. My wife insists on the lowerbowl. So the next game, maybe we'll compromise and go mezzanine, then maybe we'll meet up.

BTW, Thats NOT me in my avatar. I thought for sure, you'de break my balls about that. :rofl:

what are you trying to say ???

http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B65mtE2TN1w?version=3"><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B65mtE2TN1w?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B65mtE2TN1w?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

what are you trying to say ???

http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B65mtE2TN1w?version=3"><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B65mtE2TN1w?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B65mtE2TN1w?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Edited by devsin4

For college football games we stand on the benches the entire game, sixty minutes, thirty at a time. We're supposed to yell the entire time, I'm the only one who really does out of 8,000 of us.

I'm too far away from hockey to make it to an NHL game, but I'd probably feel a similar compulsion to duty: I suppose it's difference for salaried athletes, but when it comes to the amateurs, if they are going to spend all week working their asses off and getting jacked up, the fans they represent can spend an hour standing up and screaming our hearts out for them.

People who sit quietly suck. I get a laugh out of the guy in 208 who chants SIT HERE QUIETLY! Yeah dude, I hope he blows the vuvuzela in your ear if you don't like it. It's not like soccer when the retards just sit there and blow it the entire time. But cool, sit on your hands all you want and don't pump up your team. And that Rev Theory sh!t sucks. Our goal song is THE BEST and I hope we never change it. People want Ole too, that sucks as well. We're not Montreal. Let's stick to what we're known for. We drive 90 minutes to go to a game, and we're going to make the most of it. I applaud those of you who are like me, because it is the way to be. There's times to focus on the game, which is fine. But there's times to get involved and if you don't at all, shame on you.

Edited by hurricane1091

I don’t know if this goes on in the Arena since I cant attend, and it is probably not as easy to implement in the NHL as it is in football (soccer), but is it not possible to open up dedicated sections for people who want to make a hell of a lot of noise and separate them those who just want to sit??

I am a Chelsea supporter, and historically the Shed end at Stamford Bridge has always been where the people who chant the whole game, stand and sing sit(not that they ever sit). The same happens at other clubs like Liverpool, where everyone who is big on vocal support sits in the Kop end. Then there are the family sections, and then general sections.

Would it not be possible to have 4 strategically placed sections to group everyone together in the Rock?? Like one in each corner?

The advantage of this is that you have all the vocal people in one place, they cant Pi$$ anyone off, everyone is doing the same. Also the concentration of similar fans builds a nice atmosphere; it’s almost guaranteed to generate a consistent level of atmosphere through the entire game.

I don’t know if this goes on in the Arena since I cant attend, and it is probably not as easy to implement in the NHL as it is in football (soccer), but is it not possible to open up dedicated sections for people who want to make a hell of a lot of noise and separate them those who just want to sit??

I am a Chelsea supporter, and historically the Shed end at Stamford Bridge has always been where the people who chant the whole game, stand and sing sit(not that they ever sit). The same happens at other clubs like Liverpool, where everyone who is big on vocal support sits in the Kop end. Then there are the family sections, and then general sections.

Would it not be possible to have 4 strategically placed sections to group everyone together in the Rock?? Like one in each corner?

The advantage of this is that you have all the vocal people in one place, they cant Pi$$ anyone off, everyone is doing the same. Also the concentration of similar fans builds a nice atmosphere; it’s almost guaranteed to generate a consistent level of atmosphere through the entire game.

This +10000. Not only would it keep from pissing those off that want to sit quietly but it really would keep a constant level of noise in the arena. Its a lot easier to start a chant when those around you worked with you on it...

@Chimaira Devil

Yeah! :) We have that in Germany too. Normally 1 bigger Section, dedicated on the Seating Chart as "Fan Section". The home team attacks twice, the seats are USUALLY cheaper than elsewhere, and normally they're based behind the goal.

Y not? ok it's maybe too late for this section, but it's worth a try for one game, isn't it?

Of course it shouldnt be a must to cheer all the time. Being loud is a thing that comes from good games, and cannot be forced.

But having all the people who are WILLING to cheer in one section, separated from those who enjoy their game by just watching it (and they are fans too!) would imo improve our fanbase! :)

(i must admit i cant make it to games since im based in overseas.... :( )

People who sit quietly suck. I get a laugh out of the guy in 208 who chants SIT HERE QUIETLY! Yeah dude, I hope he blows the vuvuzela in your ear if you don't like it. It's not like soccer when the retards just sit there and blow it the entire time. But cool, sit on your hands all you want and don't pump up your team. And that Rev Theory sh!t sucks. Our goal song is THE BEST and I hope we never change it. People want Ole too, that sucks as well. We're not Montreal. Let's stick to what we're known for. We drive 90 minutes to go to a game, and we're going to make the most of it. I applaud those of you who are like me, because it is the way to be. There's times to focus on the game, which is fine. But there's times to get involved and if you don't at all, shame on you.

You want to know what really sucks? People who think other people suck because those other people don't agree on what they think sucks.

Edited by SJP20

Fans are weird to figure out.

I was getting annoyed Friday because the dude sitting next to us was doing a loud commentary for no reason. His friend was not acknowledging a word he said. But just talking real loud "OHH you have to pass that! Ugh this team always does this. They never pass when they are supposed to!" Crap like that the whole game. That REALLY annoys me. People talking loudly about things other than the game annoy me too. But cheering in any way doesn't bother me. Not everyone has to be loud and crazy though. Everyone knows obviously I'm a very dedicated fan but I almost NEVER cheer. No Let's go Devils or other chants from me because I am so in the zone and focused on the game.

I like cheering and hope that it continues. I only get offended when the following cheering happens:

1) When it affects my ability to see the game. When people stand it really limits who can see behind them because we aren't the same height. I'm 6'02" and usually have no problem, but the moment I stand, someone behind me will most certainly be challeneged to see what happens. It is usually only for a few minutes, but usually those minutes are what people come to see. I and others certainly didn't come to see the back of someone's head. I'll never forget going to my first hockey game and my grandfather putting a hand on the shoulder of the guy in front of us and saying, "son, we can all see a lot better if you sat down."

2) MOST IMPORTANTLY. During the national anthem I get extremely upset to hear people yell out "Go Devils", "Ref you suck", or anything related to the game. People died for this country and us so asking to be quiet for that brief time seems like an easy no-brainer out of respect. I never understood why someone has to use this time to get their 20 seconds of fame by shouting out something that will be long forgotten at the end of the first period and be disrepectful to the veterans, those currently serving, and those who gave their lives for this country.

IF we cannot all be quiet than everyone should just cheer as loud as you can. The Blackhawks fans cheer and cheer very very LOUD during the national anthem. The first time I heard it on TV, the hair on my neck stood up and it was great to see. To actually be there and hear it is another thing all together. WOW. Opposing players all state how intimidating it is and I am suprised no other team has tried to make it their own.

2) MOST IMPORTANTLY. During the national anthem I get extremely upset to hear people yell out "Go Devils", "Ref you suck", or anything related to the game. People died for this country and us so asking to be quiet for that brief time seems like an easy no-brainer out of respect. I never understood why someone has to use this time to get their 20 seconds of fame by shouting out something that will be long forgotten at the end of the first period and be disrepectful to the veterans, those currently serving, and those who gave their lives for this country.

+infinity

I like cheering and hope that it continues. I only get offended when the following cheering happens:

1) When it affects my ability to see the game. When people stand it really limits who can see behind them because we aren't the same height. I'm 6'02" and usually have no problem, but the moment I stand, someone behind me will most certainly be challeneged to see what happens. It is usually only for a few minutes, but usually those minutes are what people come to see. I and others certainly didn't come to see the back of someone's head. I'll never forget going to my first hockey game and my grandfather putting a hand on the shoulder of the guy in front of us and saying, "son, we can all see a lot better if you sat down."

IF we cannot all be quiet than everyone should just cheer as loud as you can. The Blackhawks fans cheer and cheer very very LOUD during the national anthem. The first time I heard it on TV, the hair on my neck stood up and it was great to see. To actually be there and hear it is another thing all together. WOW. Opposing players all state how intimidating it is and I am suprised no other team has tried to make it their own.

That and the "Where's Arlette?" yell when someone else is signing. Yeah, it was funny the first 20 times I heard it. Stop it.

The anthem is something that gets me really irritated and embarrassed. Watch a Canadian hockey game in any of the NHL cities and see the ENTIRE crowd singing the national anthem very loudly... it's almost enough to give me the chills. Then you come here... and in the God Keep Our Land part of the Canadian anthem when I hear people yell YOU CAN HAVE IT... it's embarrassing.... hey jackass, half your favorite team especially your hall of fame goalie that won you three cups is Canadian. So was Stevens, Daneyko, Niedermayer... and so on. People are just ignorant. It's not just here... it happens at the Garden and Long Island too. Places like Philly and Chicago actually care about the anthem though...

Other things that annoy me are the HEY YOU SUCK and definitely chanting RANGERS SUCK while losing. There are a lot of things our fans do that seem dumb and embarrassing. But I get over it hoping and thinking that most teams have those idiot fans too.

I also can't stand to hear someone disrespecting our country by talking, cheering, etc. during our national anthem. It's alright to cheer at the end, but if you can't keep quiet during the anthem, then get the fvck out of my country.

I usually try to yell the Slapshot line, "I'm listening to the fvcking song" at them. That usually shuts them up lol.