Can we get #4 to drop the puck before Game 5??

ThreeCups

I forgot to post about this, but it pissed me off. I cannot recall seeing another "ceremonious" faceoff before during the Finals...but LA was allowed to have Gretzky come on the ice and drop the puck before Game 3...

Can we have Scotty come on the ice and do the exact thing before Game 5? Or is this privilege only extended to the Kings and "The Great One"?

I forgot to post about this, but it pissed me off. I cannot recall seeing another "ceremonious" faceoff before during the Finals...but LA was allowed to have Gretzky come on the ice and drop the puck before Game 3...

Can we have Scotty come on the ice and do the exact thing before Game 5? Or is this privilege only extended to the Kings and "The Great One"?

I imagine that NBC had something to do with it.

Really though, who cares. If a ceremonial puck drop has any impact on how the Devils play, we might as well forfeit the series and get our money back.

This is just another one of those, "whoa is me", "the media and the league is out to get us" threads that get more and more tedious as they get churned out.

I imagine that NBC had something to do with it.

Really though, who cares. If a ceremonial puck drop has any impact on how the Devils play, we might as well forfeit the series and get our money back.

This is just another one of those, "whoa is me", "the media and the league is out to get us" threads that get more and more tedious as they get churned out.

I'm not blaming our play, our crediting theirs to this. I agree it has 0 impact on the game. But in terms of getting the fans excited, if they were allowed to do it, we should also be allowed.

Maybe we could go a step further, and have Stevens drop Gretzky :)

That would be a lovely sight!

I'm not blaming our play, our crediting theirs to this. I agree it has 0 impact on the game. But in terms of getting the fans excited, if they were allowed to do it, we should also be allowed.

I'm perfectly happy with them just getting to the action.

The Kings organization, and the entire city of LA, are the reason why plastic surgery and the rampid use of recreational drugs are prevalent in this world. The only good thing to ever come out of LA was Lt. Frank Dreben of Police Squad.

:giggle:

Lame. Wayne Gretzky is the game's greatest player. It was a big deal. Scott Stevens, while a great defenseman, would water it down.

I am sure if the Devils requested something similar, it would have been approved. A ceremonial puck drop takes all of a minute. It was a harmless gesture that involved the greatest player to ever play the game. They used to waste much more time introducing the rosters of both teams before games 1 and 3. The only thing that bothered me about it is that the Devils didn't do it for the games in NJ.

I agree it was a classless act by the Kings. Ceremonial puck drops are for game one only. Really ticked me off

"Classless" act - seriously? He's the greatest player to play of the last 30 years.

If it was Neids or Kenny you would have been fine with it.

Get over it.

Maybe we could go a step further, and have Stevens drop Gretzky :)

That would have been great. He skates out before game 3, trucks Gretzky, and looks over at the Kings' bench to tell Dustin Brown "you're next."

"Classless" act - seriously? He's the greatest player to play of the last 30 years.

Yea absolute joke to call it "classless" lol. Total overreaction, but to fix what you said, he's the greatest player ever. Theres really no debate.

I've heard of this Gretzky fellow.

I don't get it... Brent Gretzky played what, 13 NHL games total? And we celebrate Gretzky as the greatest player? Someone told me it wasn't Brent, but his brother... but Keith didn't even make it, but claims to have taught his brother 'everything he knows'... /shrug Don't get it.

It was classless because it was game 3... I don't care who did it, ceremonial puck drops are for the opening game not the ones in the middle.

You guys might have to change your tone on that tonight when we supposedly are going to have a couple of national guard members drop the puck lol.

And really, who cares anyway? A puck drop ceremony takes thirty seconds at most. If Gretzky wasn't cheered on the ice, they'd show him on the jumbotron and cheer him then anyway.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Wow, seriously guys.

The Giants and Jets bring former players for the coin toss at big games. The Yankees get HOF'rs to throw out the first pitch before playoff games. Gretzky was invited to drop the puck by the Kings because he's the greatest player to ever wear a Kings uniform and NHL uniform. Don't blame the Kings for being "classless" for a stupid 5 second puck-drop before a finals game. Blame the Devils and Lou for not honoring their own HOF'r in Stevens before Game 1 with a ceremonial puck drop. That's on them not the Kings.

I thought it was dumb and a waste of time. I mean, it was game 3 and the series was well under way at that point. But whatever, at this point they should just get to the game. I don't want anything delaying the game starting, its hard enough to wait as it is.