Australia Vs. Italy / Switzerland Vs. Ukraine

Satans Hockey

OMG Italy is going to have a penalty kick in the 94th minute, basically they score on this they win.

Totti scores on the penalty kick, holy crap that was dramatic. Italy won 1-0.

Satans Hockey ! Damn ! You're always for the other team which I like !

:evil:

Sorry about that. :P:evil:

I dont care who wins the Switzerland-Ukraine game, I just want to see a good game in that one and I want to see the winner of that beat the Italians. I really don't like that team.

Edited by Satans Hockey

for now... all 1/8 game was boring...

And eeeeeasy win for Italia :P

That was bullsh!t. That is one of the reason people don't like soccer. The game was decided because the Italy player fooled the ref. They probably would have won the game anyway but you hate to see a game end like that.

Hey wake up ! People LOVE soccer :evil:

Some poeple in USA doesn't like soccer 'coz they doesn't win :P

(j/k)

I'm sick of the "Azurri".

My local pizza shop has been around 40 years. When the draw was originally announced I asked the grandson, he's about 28 years old who he was rooting for int he Italy/US game. He looked at me kinda stupid and was like, "Italy, of course". I'm like, "dude, you're third generation, root for the home boys". He thought I was nuts.

I don't root for the Irish or Danes when they play the home team.

Hey wake up ! People LOVE soccer :evil:

Some poeple in USA doesn't like soccer 'coz they doesn't win :P

(j/k)

I know you're kidding but this is enough of an excuse for a mini-rant ;)

I've been watching World Cups since '94 and know about the history before then, this is by far the worst ever. First of all the officials are as bad as anyone can imagine, whether it's giving out idiotic penalty kicks to artificially increase scoring or giving out cards like dentists give out lollipops. And basically every game has been 1-0. Even soccer should have more scoring than this, hell the average number of goals per game in the first round was less than two and a half. The average of goals so far in the knockout round has been a meager 1.6 goals a game. And that's not taking into account the two periods of extra time (Argentina and Italy's wins). I just cannot watch these games anymore. The only teams I can watch are Germany, Argentina and Brazil. They seem to be the only teams that know the meaning of OFFENSIVE ZONE play.

I think this Swiss player has the best sounding name in the world cup - Hakan Yakin :giggle:

The refs have def. been calling a lot this world cup, they set a record for the most yellow cards with 297 and the most red cards - 20 something and it's only the 2nd round. :blink:

At the end of the first half there is no score, and no yellow cards.

Edited by Satans Hockey

My local pizza shop has been around 40 years. When the draw was originally announced I asked the grandson, he's about 28 years old who he was rooting for int he Italy/US game. He looked at me kinda stupid and was like, "Italy, of course". I'm like, "dude, you're third generation, root for the home boys". He thought I was nuts.

I don't know the situation, obviously, but if he still has family in Italy and has a real connection with the country then I can respect him rooting for them over the US. I know lots of people whose famillies have been here for several egnerations who consider themselves Italians/Germans/British/etc living in America more than they consider themselves Americans.

My family has been here forever. I don't feel any connection to England or the English soccer team so I would never root for them in anything. With the US out I am just rooting for Arsenal players. Disappointed Senderos is injured and not playing today - the Swiss could use him.

With the US out I am just rooting for Arsenal players. Disappointed Senderos is injured and not playing today - the Swiss could use him.

The Game France/Spain will show a lot of arsenal players (or former player) for both side...

For who will you roots for ? Henry or Fabregas ? :noclue:

if he's still ethnically full blooded Italian, then there's nothing wrong with rooting for Italy, even if he's 10th generation.

Funny Video moustic.

I am rooting for :puke: Spain :puke: over the French.

I know lots of people whose famillies have been here for several egnerations who consider themselves Italians/Germans/British/etc living in America more than they consider themselves Americans.

Petey. I don't buy that. Several generations? Whatever happened to assimiliation.

Anyone think the PK call for the Italians was lame?

Nope cause that defender should have never slide, if he would have stayed up on his feet he probably would have been fine and they would have went to overtime and thats coming from someone who really wants Italy to lose.

Edited by Satans Hockey

I'm French, born here and i'm root for Argentina (and I've no family there... no "real link")... what's the problem ?

It's only Soccer ! You can root for who you want... it's not a war or "Nation first" contest...

Funny Video moustic.

I am rooting for :puke: Spain :puke: over the French.

I know lots of people whose famillies have been here for several egnerations who consider themselves Italians/Germans/British/etc living in America more than they consider themselves Americans.

Petey. I don't buy that. Several generations? Whatever happened to assimiliation.

Believe it Jimmy. Guy I went to college with, 4th generation from Portugal still speaks Portugese at home. Some people just don't want to assimilate.

Yes, the PK call was total crap. That ref should be ashamed. No, the defender probably should not have gone down but the ref should be watching what is going on and see that the Italian player set it up by "tripping" over him. It was a terrible way to end a game.