What Christmas Gifts Did You Buy YOURSELF?

Don

I went out today and finished off the Xmas shopping. However, I probably spent as much on stuff for me than I did for family and friends. :rolleyes:

Stuff I bought for myself:

- The new "Pirates!"

- The guide for San Andreas

- A bag of "Goodies" (the candy-covered licorice)

- Egg Nog

- The complete first season of E.R.

I didn't. Normally I tell everyone that I don't know what I want for Christmas, because I don't and I'd rather just buy stuff myself. This year, though, I finally committed myself to making up a list. I almost bought myself a wireless mouse, but then I realized I wasn't sure how long my list was going to be, so I put the mouse on the list instead. I may end up buying myself a couple of post-Christmas presents, though.

I bought some really bad Christams CDs for $5 at the Grocery store. :argh: I keep doing that! But I don't want to chance $19 on the same sort of crap right?

I bought hardcovers from Alibris of some of my old favorite books when I was little (The Official Preppy Handbook and How to Get Teenaged Boy) -- I was thinking of books I lived by when I was a kid that I thought rebecca might like one day... but they're for me in reality. You know that stupid Preppy handbook made me so happy. I just couldn't figure out why I HATE New Jersey affluenza why it seems so tacky to me, so NOT the "rich" it's striving to be... Honest like my sister-in-law who is totally loaded but it's not like my aunts and cousins and stuff it's not even like my parents who aren't at ALL loaded FYI nowhere near as much as her family is in any event... her choices her taste just seems I don't know... tacky to me...I couldn't figure. I mean she's not vulgar and she's really very down to earth but :puke: blah I just HATE her "stuff" and her whole sort of weird attitude and she's not even BAD i mean she's not Sopranos tacky -- more "Executive wife/urban job in dual income suburban home" sort of blah... anyhow it was weighing on my mind -- I guess I just feel very out of place in New Jersey :noclue: but :unsure: I'm digressing... :saddevil: big time... :( She hates all my stuff too -- she pointed to my copper bottom pans and said "See honey THIS is why I didnt' want the copper!" then she waved around my Orvis plates "OH GOD you can see who owns THIS house -- how could you let Greg buy these?" (they have a picture of a camp scene on them -- I love them I picked them out because I imagined our kids eating cereal out of the bowls and stuff - they're like outdoorsy spode even :( AND she'll sh!t a brick when she sees the new Pointer Dog sets they have now which I of COURSE plan on buying up 8 place setting of! ) She always offers us her families' cast off furniture too -- "Oh it's HIDeous! But I think you guys would like it!" The fact I've got my grandparents old maple table from their first home is LOST on her. My parents had it in their first home and we have it in ours ... that's what you DO! Oh no.. now I've totally dogressed :( EDIT :lol: I wrote DOG! heehee I was thinking about the plate set!

ANYHOW! :evil: so I think that's about all I've gotten for ME. I bought my mom and sisters all the stuff I wanted to buy for me. I DID get a freebie from something I bought for one of my sisters -- I was going to pass it on but it sort of stinks so I kept it :P i got some other freebies with the socks I got for my cousins (I'm getting them all novelty socks :rolleyes: but they're CUTE!) and I'm using those for stocking stuffers fro other family members :blush: Man I've got to stop writing -- this is so NOT what Don wanted to read about! I'm all keyed up for the holidays though :evil:

EDIT 2: Aren't these CUTE! I think we're getting them on the way home after New Years! 69HCF4XC.jpg

Edited by Pepperkorn

2 new suits for the new job... i know boring!!!!

just signed up for optonline???

got my son star wars star fighter for PS2... becuase i want it...

and spent a ridiculus amount of $$$ and time finding 3 stupid Yugi oh cards for my son.

can any of you tellme this obsession these kids have w/ Yu gi oh??? $50 for 3 cards!!!

and he wanted 5 more that were another $150 .... but I had to draw the line.....

red, be glad on the stupid Yu gi oh thing.... one of my Raw Deal buddies showed me a card going for over THOUSANDS of dollars on E-Bay... that's just INSANE (I've twice spent $50 on a tournament belt card for Raw Deal but that's my limit, and $35 for a Tori Enters the Fray..... but anyway)... some of these CCG prices are out of control... thankfully I only got hooked on the cheaper wrestling game :D

I think I'll buy myself a gift of something once I get through what's been an AWFUL holiday season for me :P

Jeez...reminds me of when Magic cards were all the rage. My brother was a Magic freak. He got me into it too. We used to get home from school and play Magic for HOURS. I remember at one point a local comic store would have Magic Nights ( :lol: ) where they'd set up a bunch of tables and just let the kids play...of course, always good clean fun. The better cards were priced UNREAL! I could never afford any of them, of course, so I always had to rely on finding the rare gem in the pack. My brother, on the other hand, spent 500 bucks out of his savings for like 4 cards and a starter kit (which never really have the best cards in em anyways)! YIKES!

RD, Magic is STILL the king of the CCG (Collectable Card Game) Industry (thankfully... I will NEVER play that game.. damn you Klingons !! :P)

you can go on E-Bay now and see crazy prices for stuff like that... it happens once in a blue moon in Raw Deal too but only when the new prizes come out but being the store manager in my store in Westfield.... I get all the prize cards for free every 4 months B )

Red: I agree totally on that !!! (well unless it was the one card needed for a million dollar prize, but that's not Raw Deal either... though if you win the World Championship you get to name, design and get your mug on a card too which is coolness !!)

PK, it depends on the card, the rareness and the effectiveness of the card in the game... I'll go with Raw Deal again since I know it best... when Velcoity came out the card "when you've got it flaunt it" (A Trish and Lita shared exclusive card, which gave them an irreversable move once a game) was going for $50 a pop on E-Bay... now the card is worth like $12 at BEST (also hurts the value that neither Trish nor Lita are top-tier decks now)... I assume the cards going for hundreds of dollars will stay that way forever (Raw Deal may get some of this crap too now with an autographed one of 10 card signed by HHH or Randy Orton soon to be released :rolleyes: )

*edits again*

the only reason I play Raw Deal is cause it's Wrestling and I enjoy the pretend match idea and some of the goofy visuals you can make from it (also why I'll never play one of those garbage decks in my opinion decks with less then 10 moves in them)

Edited by CRASHER

Well it depends on the week and the opponents... part of the problem with Raw Deal of late is there is a new set each 6 months and a holiday tin and a survivor series reprint set every 18 months... so by the time you adjust to the meta-game of the set the new set comes in and blows it all up (the guy who won the NY World Qualifer is in our store too :rolleyes: )

I've won two of the weekly events in the last 4 months but I almost always make the top 4 each and every week so I'd say I hold my own ok :D

*edits again* I had a VERY good "anti-Meta-deck" in the last set using Team Angle that was fun and gave people hissy fits (trying not to go overkill in detail here since no one will understand it... but I also top 32'ed at 2 world qualifers, knocking out the guy who won Dallas last month who was using the same deck I was in Team Angle :D)

Edited by CRASHER

I've been good so far, I've only bought things that I sort of need. Haha. I'll save my selfish shopping for the after Christmas sales ;)