Immediate rule clarification regarding articles

DevilMinder

C'mon Rowdy, use your skills and find a way! :P

It may be possible to write a SQL query that finds any post with a certain keyword (or one of a list of keywords, such as "Ledger" or "Star Ledger" or "nj.com", etc.) and moves the entire thread into a new, hidden forum. (Said query can be tweaked to deal with the Post, the Bergen Record, TSN, etc.) Getting them out of public view should be enough to satisfy the lawyers. From there, they can be manually reviewed and taken care of as necessary.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be possible to write a SQL query that finds any post with a certain keyword (or one of a list of keywords, such as "Ledger" or "Star Ledger" or "nj.com", etc.) and moves the entire thread into a new, hidden forum. (Said query can be tweaked to deal with the Post, the Bergen Record, TSN, etc.) Getting them out of public view should be enough to satisfy the lawyers. From there, they can be manually reviewed and taken care of as necessary.
Edited by sammyk

Wow, that's more absurd then the stuff WWE does

and I don't see how they can make you have to do something that happened BEFORE a cease order??

Bah, I'm just glad my brother in law works for the Daily News :P

If you are in need of willing minions to help out with the monotonous post editing, I am willing to volunteer my services.

It wouldn't take too long if ppl just checked their own and fixed it themselves.

Esp since I'm sure going back to last season should be far enough maybe :noclue:

It wouldn't take too long if ppl just checked their own and fixed it themselves.

Esp since I'm sure going back to last season should be far enough maybe :noclue:

I think the problem is that its just a few select posters with years of dedicated postings. Yeah obviously if you have posted one or 2 or even 50 articles in the past if you could go back and fix it up I think thats implied. But we are talking about helping with the few thousand posts made by a few people because it would be tedious for any person to go through them all.

I think the problem is that its just a few select posters with years of dedicated postings. Yeah obviously if you have posted one or 2 or even 50 articles in the past if you could go back and fix it up I think thats implied. But we are talking about helping with the few thousand posts made by a few people because it would be tedious for any person to go through them all.

Most are likely by Rock and SC. SC still posts here so maybe he can do his own and DM can do Rock's?

Most are likely by Rock and SC. SC still posts here so maybe he can do his own and DM can do Rock's?

It's still a ton to sort through. I went through some of my old ones, i did about 1 per minutes. Even at twice that speed, its still about like 16 hours worth of work just opening and editing threads.

Every little bit helps

-----------------

DONE

Edited by Devilish34

DM, those "UPDATE" commands can be very easily changed to "SELECT" commands, and then using a program like phpMyAdmin (which should be provided by your Web Hosting) you can view all of the results before you go ahead and change anything.

Of course those queries can be tweaked by adding commands like

WHERE `body` LIKE "%nj.com%" AND `body` LIKE "%Rich Chere%"

Please let me know if I can be of any further help. Anything that uses MySQL can be easily manipulated, its just a matter of tweaking the command to eliminate as many false positives as possible.

Oh, and always always always make a backup of the database before you do anything! :evil: words of advice from someone whose made this mistake in the past!

Just wanted to point out that I read the posts on articles by Chere, (N)Єverson and Gulitti today but not the actual articles. Had they been posted in this forum, I would have read them. But I really don't have the time to leave this site and read them elsewhere. Oh well...

<JESTER>

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.