Martin Brodeur - 2 years $9 million

Triumph

According to Andy Strickland's twitter page the Devils (should they lose Marty. Key word is SHOULD) might make a move for Lu. Help us all if Marty leaves and we take on that choke artist

At least his regular season numbers are good, but nooooooooo.

Wonderful, watch a guy that gets treated like a god walk out the door and replace him with a guy Devil fans ALREADY hate on sight, both because of the fact he's a rival for Marty on Team Canada, and because of his overinflated pads and choker reputation. They couldn't handpick a worse replacement for Marty, other than throwing a nameless kid in there.

Edited by NJDevs4978

According to Andy Strickland's twitter page the Devils (should they lose Marty. Key word is SHOULD) might make a move for Lu. Help us all if Marty leaves and we take on that choke artist

No no please no. Luongo has no mental toughness and can't play in tough spots. Marty in his prime could, he loved that time (ok maybe not playoff OT's so much). And then this past year he was back to old form and played his best when needed. Luongo folds and falls apart when it counts most. That would guarantee basically terrible Octobers and Novembers (he seems to be a slow starter), we'd be fine from then until April or so and out of the playoffs every year Luongo played here. No thank you. And what on earth would Vancouver want for him? Whatever it is, its not worth it.

Wonderful, watch a guy that gets treated like a god walk out the door and replace him with a guy Devil fans ALREADY hate on sight, both because of the fact he's a rival for Marty on Team Canada, and because of his overinflated pads and choker reputation. They couldn't handpick a worse replacement for Marty, other than throwing a nameless kid in there.

Seriously. Can't make this stuff up.

Marty in a different uniform and Luongo in a Devils uniform would be enough to put me in an insane asylum. Add in Zach leaving, and yeah... Get me a straight jacket.

This, this, and more of this.

Tomorrow could be a bad day, a bad day indeed.

Im a devils fans since im 8 years old because of Marty... Im 28 now... Im also canadian so i basically never had to root against Marty of my entire life (i know most of you guys did at the olympics and all)

So please Marty dont make me go through this, re-sign or retire.

Could be worst... Imagine replacing brodeur by trading henrique + merril for Bryzgalov....

Yes. Go on. Imagine it.

I don't really want to get into this conversation until we have to but if we end up having to I'd rather have Luongo then most of the other goalies out there. At least we would have someone who we know puts up good numbers in the regular season. There aren't too many other options out there.

I don't really want to get into this conversation until we have to but if we end up having to I'd rather have Luongo then most of the other goalies out there. At least we would have someone who we know puts up good numbers in the regular season. There aren't too many other options out there.

Makes zero sense for the amount of money he has to be paid and what you would have to give up to get him.

Im a devils fans since im 8 years old because of Marty... Im 28 now... Im also canadian so i basically never had to root against Marty of my entire life (i know most of you guys did at the olympics and all)

So please Marty dont make me go through this, re-sign or retire.

I'm as American as apple pie and Chevrolet, but I didn't even root against Marty then. I can honestly say I've NEVER rooted against him. Sure I wanted us to win gold in 2002, but I couldn't bring myself to actually cheer a goal against Marty.

Makes zero sense for the amount of money he has to be paid and what you would have to give up to get him.

What do you have to give up to get him? He has an albatross of a contract, especially for teams that want to spend long term. He also cannot play there next year because his mere existence is cancerous, even if he's a good guy. Luongo has "voltron junk trade" written all over him.

I'm as American as apple pie and Chevrolet, but I didn't even root against Marty then. I can honestly say I've NEVER rooted against him. Sure I wanted us to win gold in 2002, but I couldn't bring myself to actually cheer a goal against Marty.

That makes sense since Chevys haven't been really American in years. :P

and I rooted against Marty in the Olympics, country always comes before club for me.

At most you'd probably have to give up Tallinder, plus one of our d-prospects or a pick and that might even be stretching it. And you could replace Tallinder by bringing back Sal.

I mean hell, LAST time he was traded he only got Alex Auld and other junk in return, and he wasn't as toxic then as he is now. Getting him isn't the problem, having him is.

Edited by NJDevs4978

What do you have to give up to get him? He has an albatross of a contract, especially for teams that want to spend long term. He also cannot play there next year because his mere existence is cancerous, even if he's a good guy. Luongo has "voltron junk trade" written all over him.

This. The mistake Vancouver made was signing Schneider to that extension BEFORE trading Luongo, because now they have $9 mil tied up in 2 goaltenders. They fvcked themselves even worse on a Luongo return. He'll go for peanuts when he goes, I have little doubt.

Vancouver can afford to hold on to him until a good offer comes around. And if they were content with junk, he would have been traded a long time ago.