Martin Brodeur - 2 years $9 million

Triumph

You are definitely right that it's possible that Moose has improved as he's aged. I just think that it's a huge risk to take with out much to help you if it fails. They would need a 1A 1B situation for Moose to start. The only players on the market who may be able to do that are Niittymaki, Ellis, Conklin, Raycroft, Montoya, and Johnson. Looking at those names, I'd rather just have Marty and Moose.

As for Frazee and Kinkaid... I like Frazee alot. I love his style. It's very entertaining to watch and he's very quick. However, he gets hurt too much. After that first great season in Lowell (28 wins, .920 save % and All-Star appearance), he's only played 31, 33, and 36 games, and his GAA went up as his save % dropped. It looks like his chance has passed. Kinkaid has only played 1 AHL season and had similar numbers to Frazee, so it'll be interesting to see if he improves and by how much.

You're probably right in saying that a Marty and Moose tandem is better than a 1A-1B situation with Moose and one of the FA goalies you listed.

I guess with Frazee and Kinkaid things are still a bit unknown and we just have to wait and see how things shake out. Frazee's falling SV% does worry me a bit though.

Way too hard to predict where Marty and the Devils will be in a couple of years. Too many potential scenarios. Not sure how much of a position Marty will be in to hold the Devils hostage...not exactly a big market for 42-year-old goalies. And if the last two seasons are any indication, his overall play won't be so mindblowing that teams will be falling over themselves to sign him.

That's why I wrote assuming he plays decent. If he still is enjoying himself, and isn't a liability, I can see him getting another year. The Devils will pay because nobody wants to see him in another jersey.

You're probably right in saying that a Marty and Moose tandem is better than a 1A-1B situation with Moose and one of the FA goalies you listed.

I guess with Frazee and Kinkaid things are still a bit unknown and we just have to wait and see how things shake out. Frazee's falling SV% does worry me a bit though.

I think the real money is on Wedgewood so far. He's had some big playoff wins, and I think we'll get to see if that translates to the AHL this year. I'll definitely go up there to see him if there's a lockout.

I think the real money is on Wedgewood so far. He's had some big playoff wins, and I think we'll get to see if that translates to the AHL this year. I'll definitely go up there to see him if there's a lockout.

Yeah it seems like a lot of the members on this board are pretty excited for Wedgewood. I don't know too much about him besides what others on the board have said, but it seems like he has a chance to be the real deal.

Yeah it seems like a lot of the members on this board are pretty excited for Wedgewood. I don't know too much about him besides what others on the board have said, but it seems like he has a chance to be the real deal.

There's not a whole ton of video on him, but this one does a good job of showing his reflexes and quickness. Very Carey Price-y.