THE SWEDE WATCH

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Ok so i decided to follow the Elitserien a lot more this year than previous so i thought i would keep an eye on the Devils two swedish prospecst in the Leauge. Im going to try and watch as many games as possible and will post any clips if i find them.

Hopefully the Swedes on the board will help provide more info and any interesting new artciles through the year plus anything i miss.

As far as i know Urbom is going to be playing in Brandon for the Wheat Kings next year so i wont be follwoing him in this, so it will be Tedenby and Josefson.

So the first update:

Both Tedenby and Josefson have appeared in games this week for HV71 and Djurgarden, as the pre season has already kicked off with the Nordic Trophy.

HV71 started with a game against Linkopings HC in the Nordic Trophy, which HV71 won 5-2, Tedenby played on the third line with Andreas Falk, Björn Melin, Adam Almqvist and Johan Björk. Tedenby didnt put up any points in the game.

Josefson Has appeared in both the games played By Djurgardens so far in the tournamet, both of which the team has lost. 2-1 in Ot to Linkopings in the first match and shut out 4-0 against Frolunda in the second. Again no points so Far for Josefson but he did create some good chances in the 4-0 shut out against Frolunda.

Both teams play again Friday the 14th with HV71 taking on Frolunda BK and Djurgarden taking on Malmo.

STATS UPDATE 24/03/10

New stats for the Elitserien Regular season:

Season Stats
Nordic Cup:
GP G A P +/- PIM
Mattias Tedenby 5 1 1 2 0 6
Jacob Josefson 5 5 2 7 0 0

Elitserien:
GP G A P +/- PIM TOI/GP
Mattias Tedenby 44 12 7 19 5 36 9.58
Jacob Josefson 43 8 12 20 7 22 15.33

Elitserien Playoffs:
GP G A P +/- PIM TOI/GP
Mattias Tedenby 3 0 1 1 0 0 12.38
Jacob Josefson 3 0 1 1 1 2 13.10

WJC u20 Championships 2010
GP G A P PIM +/- GWG PPG SHG SOG SOG%
9 Mattias TEDENBY F 5 3 3 6 4 +3 1 0 0 15 20.00
10 Jacob JOSEFSON F 6 3 3 6 4 +3 0 0 0 17 17.65

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree pretty awesome stuff. where do you watch the games and such? I found a streaming site last year during the playoffs but Id enjoy watching some tedenby or josefson during my times of boredom :P

Im gonna be getting most of it from NHL Torrents as they have an Elitserien section and i am planning to take a trip ove to watch a few games ($$$$$ willing).

Tedenby also got into a bit of a scrap in the end and did some time. :)

Great performance by Josefson, putting up those numbers. While it was against a second division team, he was playing against men. Now all he needs to do is drop the visor, get a few teeth knocked out and lose that pretty-boy face with a few scars.

HV71 defeated Frolunda 5-3. Tedenby skated on the 2nd line with Andreas Falk and Bjorn Melin.

Tedenby recorded 0 pts and 0 PIM.

Yeah, what he said.

Last night was a pretty big night for Matti, the game was played in Varnamo, where he grew up, so he got a pretty good reception. He should have scored the opening goal, but after doing the hard part of beating the D men and The goaltender he shot the puck into the side netting with an open net.

He generated some chances later on in the match but he is still yet to put up a point in the tournament. That might change tonight when HV take on Malmo who Djurgardens and JJ beat 7-0 recently. Djurgardens have a match tonight with Farjestad BK.

Both teams just finnished up.

Djurgardens starting to come good winning 3-2, but JJ held off the scoresheet.

HV71 supprising lost 2-1 to malmo which is a bit of a shock. Matti once again failed to put up any points. Maybe something to do with back to back games.

The two prospects will face off in the next game as Djurgardens take on HV on thursday. Should be interesting!!

HV 71-Djurgården 3-2 (1-1, 1-1, 1-0)

HV71: 2 Björn Melin, Mattias Tedenby, Mål Dif: 2 Jacob Josefson.

Sounds like a good night for the prospects. B ) Goddamn I'm psyched about these guys eventually playing for my beloved Devils.

Edit: Apparently DIF has Josefson playing RW, which he says is the main reason why he's been scoring so much in the pre-season. More SOG, less defensive responsibility. Hmmm...

Edited by Marshall

2 things:

this is pre-season. Don't write tedenby off (or make Josefsson into a star) before the season even starts. He (tedenby) wasnt really producing alot last year and we shouldn't expect him to win any scoring titles this year.

Josefsson is now playing in a Djurg

• 2 weeks later...