2013-14 schedule thread

MadDog2020

why does it seem like NBCSN carries our games against teams we absolutely wont sell out against/dont have a rivalry with. Tues night vs Tampa Bay? cmon

wow we're like done with road games by December

good that we dont have alot of home games 1st half of season, when our attendance usually stinks.

Atlantic, Metropolitan, Central, Pacific.

Devils in Metropolitan.  

That's totally not gonna confuse everyone....I hate the NHL sometimes.

If you're gonna make new names, might as well make new names instead of whatever this is. Not to mention it's kind of a one of these things is not like the other when it comes to specifically describing the general location of the teams. Also, Metropolitan is just too long.

When you click on 7 game flex plan a huge picture of David Clarkson appears...FAIL!!!!

Wild and Rangers sandwiched right between my birthday...nice :)

The Wild game is on my birthday. So exicited.

And they released the flex and paritial plans? Weird I don't see any on the Devils site...

Edited by TheMazz

Normally I don't get worked up about stuff like this, but the Metropolitan Division name is beyond stupid. It reminds me of when they changed the names of the divisions in the Big 10 to "Leaders" and "Legends" ... just painful. But hey, at least no Atlantic Division teams from the 2012-2013 season are in the new Atlantic Division. So that makes total sense.

Looking at the schedule, we start in Pittsburgh on 10/3, then home for the Isles on 10/4, then on the road in Edmonton, Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Ottawa. Assuming Marty starts at home, I wonder if they have Schneider play in Pittsburgh to open the season, so they can avoid Marty in back to backs.