fayne-larsson

volchenkov-salvador

Edited by sundstrom

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And he's from jersey

He's from Cherry Hill and grew up a Flyers fan.

We do not have the assets for Bobby Ryan unless you want to give up Henrique. Anaheim is adamant about getting a center back. It would take Henrique - Gelinas - 3rd Round pick just to get Anaheim to listen. If the price drops, maybe they'd take Josefson, but we're not getting Bobby Ryan here without one of useful young guys that are already on the team.

Edited by ghdi

here's my plan B:

sign zajac to an extension of 6/36

sign semin to 5/32

trade greene/tedenby/2nd to edmonton for paajarvi

kovalchuk-zajac-semin

henrique-elias-zubrus

paajarvi-josefson-clarkson

carter-gionta-bernier

talliner-zidlicky

fayne-larsson

volchenkov-salvador

Yes please.

After seeing all of this play out, I'm afraid there is no way Zajac does re-sign prior to free agency. Seeing what Zach got and playing a more valuable position, what is in it for Zajac to re-sign now? I could see insurance of potentially getting hurt or something.

I get the feeling Lou's Plan B is going to be to sit tight for a while and see who becomes available during the season or at the deadline. If the Devils get off to a dreadful start maybe that speeds things up, but I get the feeling Plan B isn't going to involve anything significant...not immediately, anyway.

I get the feeling Lou's Plan B is going to be to sit tight for a while and see who becomes available during the season or at the deadline. If the Devils get off to a dreadful start maybe that speeds things up, but I get the feeling Plan B isn't going to involve anything significant...not immediately, anyway.

Exactly how I feel. I think we re-sign Sykora, Tedenby is on the team from day one, and we ride till we die. I wouldnt be surprised to see someone brought in, but throw a dart at the UFA list and see where it hits.

I'd be be more stunned if we signed Semin or traded for a big name (Ryan/Nash) than I would be when we got Kovalchuk for that crap we tossed Atlanta.

I sadly agree. Based on Lou's track record of signings after big name losses it's pretty evident he'll little or pretty much nothing.

i don't see this. the devils have 8 d under contract. one is going to be moved and right now, you have a bunch of teams looking for defensemen and really, only bouwmeester out there. a guy like andy greene is an EXCELLENT piece to get. this is a guy who was on the top pairing of a team that went to the SCF and is making less than $4MM.

He's from Cherry Hill and grew up a Flyers fan.

We do not have the assets for Bobby Ryan unless you want to give up Henrique. Anaheim is adamant about getting a center back. It would take Henrique - Gelinas - 3rd Round pick just to get Anaheim to listen. If the price drops, maybe they'd take Josefson, but we're not getting Bobby Ryan here without one of useful young guys that are already on the team.

I would give up Josefson for him

Again, re: Bobby Ryan- you have him for 3 years (correct me if I'm wrong) before he bolts to the Phailures, which is what he'll do about 5 seconds after his contract expires. Giving up valuable assets for this clown would be incredibly stupid. I want no part of him.

here's my plan B:

sign semin to 5/32

kovalchuk-zajac-semin

henrique-elias-zubrus

carter-gionta-bernier

talliner-zidlicky

fayne-larsson

volchenkov-salvador

This would be almost perfect. Only problem is: will Semin sign for that much? I bet he will get some bigger offers.

I dont know if this is credible, but Stan Fischlers twitter account posted this earlier today.

Stan Fischler ‏@StanFischler

The Maven wishes #Zach Parise well. But it's not the end of the world for the #Devils. Lou Lamoriello's next move will be a fascinating one

and then

@jeffschlein If I'm not mistaken, Semin's agents are in New Jersey.

Probably means nothing, but thought I would post it.

I dont know if this is credible, but Stan Fischlers twitter account posted this earlier today.

The Maven wishes #Zach Parise well. But it's not the end of the world for the #Devils. Lou Lamoriello's next move will be a fascinating one

and then

@jeffschlein If I'm not mistaken, Semin's agents are in New Jersey.

Probably means nothing, but thought I would post it.

Someone noted this already. Semin's agents are based in Franklin Lakes.

I think in free agency are only three choices left...Semin, Doan and maybe Huselius.

I am not a big fan of Semin but he is pretty good player. Bad thing about him is that his cap hit will be huge (even after bad season I think it will be around 6,5 million).

Doan for right price is good choice for few years and Huselius could be available for cheap, but he played in only 41 games in last 2 seasons.

Anyway In Lou I trust :)

Doan and Semin are attractive to think about but not really practical, I doubt he's not back in Phoenix (though it would be nice to be on the other end of what happened earlier today) and I don't think DeBoer has the fire to keep Semin hustling and working hard all year, I'd leave that to Tortorella and watch him have a heart attack on the bench every game. The best and most realistic plan B in my mind is acquiring Gagner for Tallinder and giving Tedenby a shot.

here's my plan B:

sign semin to 5/32

kovalchuk-zajac-semin

henrique-elias-zubrus

carter-gionta-bernier

talliner-zidlicky

fayne-larsson

volchenkov-salvador

Yes, yes and yes. Though I think Greene + pick OR prospect would get Pääjärvi.

When do you think will Lou pull the trigger for his Plan B ?

I can't remember but usually we have some rumor about players after that many days into the UFA market, no ? And i can't read anything about Semin (for example)

Ok maybe it's still fresh.. after the huge meltdown of yesterday...

Kevin Lowe has said he is not listening to trade offers for Hemsky. Or, rather, he is listening because that is the polite thing to do, but he is not interested in moving him...so that rules that out.

Doan would be a good signing if he is in place of Sykora...otherwise getting both of them is just too much age. Huselius is a true gamble, but should come cheap. He has had freak injuries lately...if he signs for $3mil he is worth the risk. He is great on the PP when healthy. Downside is that Sykora and Huselius are rather soft. Roan fits in better with the identity built by DeBoer, but he has a lot of miles already.

Personally, I am ok with Semin if he is not vastly overpaid, hoping that Kovalchuk can reign him in. Maybe he does a one year deal like Hossa with the Wings to build his credibility.

My other hope is that Buffalo gets serious about trading for Bobby Ryan and the Devils can work a deal for Drew Stafford since that would mean the Sabres have Pominville and Ryan as top two RWs. He is big, can score, and is locked in for 3 years at 4mil per season.

...so yeah. Sign Doan to a 1 or 2 yr deal (35+, I know), then either sign Semin or trade for Stafford.

Kovy Zajac Semin/Stafford

Zubrus Elias Clarkson/Doan

Josefson Henrique Clarkson/Doan

Carter Gionta Bernier

Edited by insanity_gallops

Kevin Lowe has said he is not listening to trade offers for Hemsky. Or, rather, he is listening because that is the polite thing to do, but he is not interested in moving him...so that rules that out.

Doan would be a good signing if he is in place of Sykora...otherwise getting both of them is just too much age. Huselius is a true gamble, but should come cheap. He has had freak injuries lately...if he signs for $3mil he is worth the risk. He is great on the PP when healthy. Downside is that Sykora and Huselius are rather soft. Roan fits in better with the identity built by DeBoer, but he has a lot of miles already.

Personally, I am ok with Semin if he is not vastly overpaid, hoping that Kovalchuk can reign him in. Maybe he does a one year deal like Hossa with the Wings to build his credibility.

My other hope is that Buffalo gets serious about trading for Bobby Ryan and the Devils can work a deal for Drew Stafford since that would mean the Sabres have Pominville and Ryan as top two RWs. He is big, can score, and is locked in for 3 years at 4mil per season.

...so yeah. Sign Doan to a 1 or 2 yr deal (35+, I know), then either sign Semin or trade for Stafford.

Kovy Zajac Semin/Stafford

Zubrus Elias Clarkson/Doan

Josefson Henrique Clarkson/Doan

Carter Gionta Bernier

Wanna get back at Parise? Trade for his best friend the day after he decides to leave Jersey. Muhahaha.