JJ

Bartholomew Hunt

Oh and jj is a -6 this yr btw. hes not that good defensively like hes this solid defensive player. hes just lacks so much defensively that we can only point to his defense in hope of saving face. btw teddy is even in 4 games this yr. like i said he didnt have any bad reads or bad giveaways while he was here, and the stats show that and so does the video

Oh and jj is a -6 this yr btw. hes not that good defensively like hes this solid defensive player. hes just lacks so much defensively that we can only point to his defense in hope of saving face. btw teddy is even in 4 games this yr. like i said he didnt have any bad reads or bad giveaways while he was here, and the stats show that and so does the video

Now you're just trolling for the sake of trolling.  Clearly you don't understand the concept of getting hard minutes versus getting protected minutes.

This is like an HF argument where because you have to either be vociferously pro-Teddy or pro-Josefson.

In case +/- is what you base a players all around "defensive" ability on...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/1774/career;_ylt=AgH8TIskGwdkDURaq2b.W8xivLYF

Would you like to argue that John Madden was awful defensively also?

Please.

I would love to see what teddy can do with Barch. :haha2:

Edit: Alright no more feeding the troll. Everyone have a safe night if youre going to the game, Lets go Devils!

Edited by Zubie#8

That's also part of why people get on Teddy, the fact we passed on Carlson the Jersey boy for him. Not that Teddy doesn't deserve grief anyway, but he had a strike against him from the hop with a lot of people.

Could've had Oshie instead of Bergfors too. Could've had a full Fighting Sioux line with Oshie/Zajac/Parise.

it's not too complicated... the fan based is (like most fan base) overhyping his prospects... JJ, Tedenby, Bergfors, Wedge, Kinkaid , etc etc... simply cause we want them to succeed so much we don't see clearly. 

Josefson is simply not a special player and could only develop in an "okay player" from what i saw. It's sad but thats it

some people here keep on bragging his IQ and defensive play and seriously from what ive seen it's pretty bad at times and he cost us a decent amount of goals with VERY BAD defensive decisions.

you see young players coming in the league on other teams and having an impact or at least they get notice, he's not. Nobody knows Josefson other than Devils fan let's be serious here lol

And zubie didnt you make the post to get rid of clarkson? yeah please evaluate talent some more buddy, you seem to be great at it hahaha

Yes in 2010 when he was bad.

You have the right to criticize players, I have the right to criticize players but I dont start pissing contests against fellow members.

Edited by Zubie#8

Zubie clarky was never bad, he was just younger and not a veteran in this system. Just like JJ and teddy. So thank you for proving my point that i can just skip over zubie8's comments everytime theyre about evaluating a player.

Good.

EDIT: easier said now about Clarkson. He was beyond bad in 2010 and everybody knows that. And for what its worth I have so much humility that I bumped that thread multiple times to say I was wrong and I was happy to be wrong, and I also grew up since then. You should do the same.

Edited by Zubie#8
  • Like 1

JJ 44.3%. yeah put him out there when we need a big faceoff.

there is likely nobody that overvalues faceoffs more than me and I can tell you that putting a number down without looking at the real data is misleading.

JJ's ES FO is 47w-55l - that's a difference of 8 faceoffs.

Where he's weak is SH where he's 13w - 26l. but PK faceoffs are notoriously harder to win. (jj's PP faceoffs are 6w-2l). even the mighty zajac is under 50% on the PK.

as for "big faceoffs", without someone specifically tracking those (sort of like close and late in baseball statistics), you can't tell. there are plenty of times where players lose meaningless faceoffs on purpose to not show their best moves.

the best way to tell if a player like josefson is any good is to see how a (smart) team uses him. and i consider the devils a smart team. he plays in all situations and in close and late situations. The devils aren't trusting him because he stinks and they have nobody better. he is the number one PK w/ zajac. This is BEFORE elias and Henrique. that should tell you plenty.

They literally have nobody else better when it comes to faceoffs, other than Zajac:

Without Zajac going 139-94 (59.6%), the Devils are 210-310 (40.4%) on faceoffs as a team.

No other Devil who has taken more than 15 faceoffs has won more than 43.3 percent. As a team, Devils rank 27th at 46.4 percent.

here's something else about faceoffs to think about and it will probably make triumph's blood boil because i'm trusting everyone to use confirmation bias and their memories instead of hard numbers because they don't exist.

point to a goal that you can remember where losing the faceoff was an undeniable direct result. i'm talking a loss where the puck gets drawn back to the point and the shot goes in. or where a won faceoff was able to hit a skater on stride leading to a goal. now sure, losing a faceoff in your d zone giving possession to the other team and then they cycle for a while or build a play started with the faceoff win but there's so much more to winning faceoffs besides the center. if wings don't do their part, the center's best intentions can be rendered moot. if a faceoff isn't won straight back, it's out of the center's hands who "wins" it.

my point - JJ's faceoff numbers should be like the 10th thing you look at to measure his contributions.

You hit it on the head stereo design. This post was to point out how josefson is on an equal grade wuth teddy

Well thats not what i said really lol

I agree with what blink said, but im pretty disgusted by most of our first round picks in the last 10 years, thank god we got good players from later rounds

Yes in 2010 when he was bad.

You have the right to criticize players, I have the right to criticize players but I dont start pissing contests against fellow members.

lol Clarkson was awful and wasnt a 21 year old former first round pick either. As if to say that what we have now was just his development curve is ridiculous. A lot of people were trying to hope that Burke would take him off our hands in Toronto for his truculence when we were having cap problems post Kovy-signing. 

Eh, I wouldn't give up on either of Tedenby or Josefson yet. Tedenby has shown he is not fit for the NHL right now, but he could very well be a late bloomer after some serious coaching in the AHL. It's too hard to tell at the moment.

I agree that Josefson's numbers have looked pretty disappointing this year, but I have been more impressed with his play with each passing game. It's also pretty hard to argue that he should be putting up more points when you look at the opportunities he has been given. He's received very limited minutes, and a lot of PK time. I don't know if he's ever been out there on the PP, but his even strength minutes are almost always accompanied by Barch, which speaks for itself.

Aside from getting a bit bigger and stronger, I think his shot is the only part of his game that REALLY needs improvement. To call him a bust is ridiculous. He is simply a role player now. His job isn't to score a lot of points as of lately. I do believe he would be better suited for a third line role, but that isn't going to happen until CBGB gets broken up. It makes me wonder whether a full AHL season would have been good for him, so that he has an opportunity to spend time on improving the aspects of his game that need work: scoring. But regardless, it seems that there will have to be some mixing up of the bottom 6 so that Loktionov gets a fair shot, too.