Revitalization Around The Rock

The Rock 07

Went by the new micro brew bar that's been under construction yesterday and it seems like they are moving along. Apparently there were structural issues with the building that the city wanted taken care of so that's what has pushed them back. I think the new target is spring of 2010.

Good, glad to hear.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a couple of photos of the inside of the Paramount Theater on Market. The first nine photos are of a different theater that looks beyond repair. I'd say that the Paramount can still be restored.

Link

Kudos to NewarkDevil5 for the link

Edited by The Rock 07

When I was at the Nets Knicks game at The Rock, the hidden corridor in the upper concourse was closed off and the security guard said that they were adding a bar back there. Has anyone seen anything new there?

When I was at the Nets Knicks game at The Rock, the hidden corridor in the upper concourse was closed off and the security guard said that they were adding a bar back there. Has anyone seen anything new there?

Hidden corridor? Are you talking the space behind (I think) 225/226, or somewhere else? I'll have a look tonight if I can.

Hidden corridor? Are you talking the space behind (I think) 225/226, or somewhere else? I'll have a look tonight if I can.

Yeah, along the windows like if you go up the escalators and rather than making a right onto the upper concourse behind 225, hang a left and it brings you around to a hallway along the windows. Not many people know about it and it makes a good shortcut to get from one side of the arena to the other.

Yeah, along the windows like if you go up the escalators and rather than making a right onto the upper concourse behind 225, hang a left and it brings you around to a hallway along the windows. Not many people know about it and it makes a good shortcut to get from one side of the arena to the other.

Ohhh, okay, I know where you mean. Yeah, I'll check it out tonight. Always thought they needed to do something with that area. Although I was kind of hoping for a NJ Devils history (focusing on important people, a la the Ring of Fire idea someone mentioned a while ago), a bar works too. :lol:

yea the "hidden corridor" - I am there every night eating on the ledges there and they also have plugs where you can charge your phone if its out of battery and the end of the long day :P

You tell me this after my battery died during a very important phone call? :doh1: