Philadelphia Phillies 1 loss away from 10,000 losses

Satans Hockey

They are the first sports club to ever do this.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=3356047

After the game, the Phillies showed little concern over the impending embarrassing milestone. Philadelphia's 9,999 losses are the most by any team in any sport. Philadelphia played its first game on May 1, 1883, losing 4-3 to the Providence Grays.

"I've learned to shut a lot of things out," manager Charlie Manuel said. "That's not annoying to me. That was something I didn't have nothing to do with."

Edited by Satans Hockey

Phillies..Hum..Did they ever won a World series?

:rofl:

The 1980 team was the focal point of the most successful era in franchise history. That team won 91 games and the World Series. Team stars included Mike Schmidt, Greg Luzinski, Pete Rose, Steve Carlton, and Tug McGraw.

^^ That's it.

:rofl:

The 1980 team was the focal point of the most successful era in franchise history. That team won 91 games and the World Series. Team stars included Mike Schmidt, Greg Luzinski, Pete Rose, Steve Carlton, and Tug McGraw.

^^ That's it.

Ah..I'm bad with MLB history.. :doh1:

But again, my point is truly taken , Other than the Eagles/Flyers, Philly other teams sucks :evil:

Ah..I'm bad with MLB history.. :doh1:

But again, my point is truly taken , Other than the Eagles/Flyers, Philly other teams sucks :evil:

Oh I wasnt laughing at you my dear. I was laughing at the fact they've only won 1 World Series and the Yankees have won......26 :boogie::dance::boogie::dance::boogie:

Edited by XxLancerHockeyPridexX

So do i..And Montreal hate them more than you can imagine..

Since Williams high sticked SAKU KOIVU in the eye...

Haha that sounds funny and horribly painful at the same time :ph34r:

Oh I wasnt laughing at you my dear. I was laughing at the fact they've only won 1 World Series and the Yankees have won......26 :boogie::dance::boogie::dance::boogie:

How many teams were there when the Yankees won all those WS? There was like only 5 or 6 teams back then. LOL! They have actually 5 WS championships since(the 70's) MLB has had 20 teams or better up till now. That run is certainly over right now as well as the Joe Torre era.

in philly, we'll celebrate it...

they are to the point where they just embrace it.

Yep. Celebrate 10,000

Parade Instructions! Get Ready! Meet at the Connie Mack statue immedialtly following the game, if its at home or the first home game after they lose.

We will then march to Chickie and Petes, were everyone will enjoy drink specials. We will have a mummers band and some other surprises!

The next Phillies game is at home on Friday, I'm going to go. If the Phils win, they win. If they lose, I get to witness a piece of history (er, of sorts) and get to get stinking drunk at a discount. Either way, I go away happy. You can't beat that. :boogie:

(Yeah, we Phillie fans have learned to aim low)

How many teams were there when the Yankees won all those WS? There was like only 5 or 6 teams back then. LOL! They have actually 5 WS championships since(the 70's) MLB has had 20 teams or better up till now. That run is certainly over right now as well as the Joe Torre era.
Edited by XxLancerHockeyPridexX

Jealous much. :P

Phylli is Dumb in each sport!!!

MLB, NBA and NHL!!!!!

Even in the Nfl? :D, Eagles are a good team but..Mlb..Sucks.Nhl..Ehh..I hate them.NBA..Unless you can count the NBA Eastern 2001 finals..Sixers did nothing in the last 10years.

Agree with you Bro..Phillu sports suckkkkss(Unless Eagles.) :D