NHL.com's Dream Draft

Onddeck

If any of you have browsed NHL.com over the last week or two, you would've seen their doing an event leading up to this month's draft.  

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the first NHL Draft, NHL.com assembled a 13-member panel to select the best first-round picks of all time, based on selection number. NHL.com will feature one of the top first-round picks each day, beginning with the best No. 30 pick on June 1 and culminating with the all-time No. 1 pick on June 30, the day of the 2013 NHL Draft.

Again, realize that it is only the history of the first round, so the best man taken at no. 30, and so on.  So far, the Devils already have 3 of the best first round picks in history, and we are only at no. 18. Gomez @ 27, Marty @ 20, and Dano @ 18... could we get Parise tomorrow @ 17? (Sykora had a lot of votes at no. 18 too)

check it all out: 

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=673618&navid=nhl:topheads

Edited by Onddeck

If any of you have browsed NHL.com over the last week or two, you would've seen their doing an event leading up to this month's draft.  

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the first NHL Draft, NHL.com assembled a 13-member panel to select the best first-round picks of all time, based on selection number. NHL.com will feature one of the top first-round picks each day, beginning with the best No. 30 pick on June 1 and culminating with the all-time No. 1 pick on June 30, the day of the 2013 NHL Draft.

Again, realize that it is only the history of the first round, so the best man taken at no. 30, and so on.  So far, the Devils already have 3 of the best first round picks in history, and we are only at no. 18. Gomez @ 27, Marty @ 20, and Dano @ 18... could we get Parise tomorrow @ 17? (Sykora had a lot of votes at no. 18 too)

check it all out: 

No surprise there.

They've been posting these articles on fbook and the comments are hilarious. I think maybe only 50% of the posters realize it's not the top 30 draft picks of all time, but rather the best at each of the 30 spots in the first round, lol.

Edited by ATLL765

Again, realize that it is only the history of the first round, so the best man taken at no. 30, and so on. So far, the Devils already have 3 of the best first round picks in history, and we are only at no. 18. Gomez @ 27, Marty @ 20, and Dano @ 18... could we get Parise tomorrow @ 17? (Sykora had a lot of votes at no. 18 too)

check it all out:

No surprise there.

They've been posting these articles on fbook and the comments are hilarious. I think maybe only 50% of the posters realize it's not the top 30 draft picks of all time, but rather the best at each of the 30 spots in the first round, lol.

It's seriously scary reading some of the comments on the NHL Facebook page.

I'm not claiming to be some Einstein type, but some of these people are a special breed of stupid.

check it all out: 

Yep, they have Parise at #17 too :)

I thought the Dano at 18 one was a little wonky until I saw who was drafted at 18 since.   The highlights were Sykora, Glen Murray and Brooks Orpik, I think?   I'm probably forgetting one but obviously things have gone horribly wrong at that number for awhile.

I thought the Dano at 18 one was a little wonky until I saw who was drafted at 18 since.   The highlights were Sykora, Glen Murray and Brooks Orpik, I think?   I'm probably forgetting one but obviously things have gone horribly wrong at that number for awhile.

yea you're right, those were the other front runners.  people have to be disturbed to have wished that Orpik should've been there... absurd