A Devil's Defribilator - Johan Hedberg

Mitico12

It's documented, Hedberg has never won the cup. This may be his last year in the sport. Plenty of motivation to play hard.

Does Peter DeBoer use Hedberg in game 3 to help "kickstart" the team psychology a bit? Remember Terreri playing 2 games on the road after the Devils were down 2-0 to Boston?

Also, does Sykie and Larsson get a looksie in game 3...?

Discuss...

Great idea. Bench the best player from the past 2 games. I get psychological motivation, but Marty's been brilliant. Play Sykkie, and maybe Larsson, but those games don't get to OT without Marty.

I'm kinda split on Moose starting. On one hand Marty hasn't been dreadful but on the other hand it could provide them a spark and could help them psychologically.

Yes to Sykora and Larsson starting. Can't get any worse.

Hasn't been dreadful? ROTFL. 1.69 GAA .930 SV%. Hasn't been dreadful.

Marty has only given up 4 goals this series. If you look at the other series that's par for the course.

I like the idea of putting Sykora back on with Elias. It may give Elias a bit of jump.

Worried about the conditioning of Tallinder.

Yes to Larsson. He's got the size we need. Only thing that worries me is that he hasn't been known to use his size.

Harrold almost coughed up the puck a gazillion times last night, so I'll take Larsson over Harrold. Tallinder over Fayne? Big gamble here.

Sykie is a much more challenging proposition because it raises the question "Who do you take out?"

Josefsson had a solid game, as did Gio, Bernier, and Carter. Poni's size is difficult to replace, although you would like more shots on goal from him.

You may have to sacrifice Gio in this case, although Sykie's energy and forecheck would not even come close to Gio's.

Tough choices for DeBoer...

For those of you who think Marty is the reason we were in games 1 and 2, you've obviously been wearing your Marty goggles. He's been good enough, but the Kings haven't challenged him a great deal. Both first goals in each of the first two games were savable, especially the first goal in game 1.

Although, I don't think Marty is even a question mark for game 3...he will start.

Edited by Mitico12

For those of you who think Marty is the reason we were in games 1 and 2, you've obviously been wearing your Marty goggles. He's been good enough, but the Kings haven't challenged him a great deal. Both first goals in each of the first two games were savable, especially the first goal in game 1.

Although, I don't think Marty is even a question mark for game 3...he will start.

and you want to gamble a game 3 by pulling marty for some kind of psychological spark ok, here, try my marty goggles on for a second, see how how stupid you look.

edit: i understand the goals allowed looked stopable, but if they keep playing the way they do, i like our chances.

redit: key is to keep it business and not make panicked moves

Edited by lazer

lol at all four goals being stoppable. Game 1 was a one-timer and a breakaway with their best player. Game 2 Doughty made half the team look silly and fired a shot through a screen, then Carter scored off a rebound. At most one of them was soft, and that's only because Marty himself took the blame on the Fraser goal.

• Like 1

Sykkie removes who ? Not Carter or Bernier. Lil G could be the victim.

Clarkson....haven't seen him in a bit...I heard he scored 30 this year

Why would Little Gio of ALL people be the victim? He's the smallest fvcking person on the ice and he plays with HUGE heart. He's got more hit than a lot of our big guys. Clarkson scored 30 goals this year, yes, but he's stunk up the place in the first 2 games. I'd do it and see.

Harrold played great the last 2 games the guy has shown serious composure. IF and it's a big IF Larrson is brought in Zid should sit if it's based purely on performance. I say Tallinder doesn't play at all it's just been too long. Sykora could replace anyone keeping in mind if we sit some guys we lose size. Zubrus hasn't done a whole lot, Poni has also been a ghost, something is up with Clarkson, and Elias hasnt produced. Sykora could spark Elias? Glad I'm not the coach and don't have to make this call. Obvious that the pressure is on everyone in NJ because as a team they haven't played as they did the last 2 rounds...save our rock of a 4th line. I don't see how anyone can say lil G has stunk up anything! Did anyone else see that Parise-like backcheck last game? He also forced a turnover at their blue line, brought it in and got a scoring chance. None of this includes what the 4th line has done as an overall unit. All those guys on the 4th line have played excellent and none of them should sit or get broken up.

Edited by NJDevils1214

No way on PDB inserting Moose for Marty for Game 3. That was OK to do once in a while during the regular season when Marty would be giving up 3+ goals a game for a few games in a row, and PDB wanted to send a psychological message to the offensive players to get them to score more goals.

But this is the friggin' Stanley Cup Finals, and Marty has only given up two goals per game. This is no time to pull a stunt like that. Whatever change needs made must come from somewhere else.