If you could pick one player?

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Not a particularly serious thread but, after the Sabers game the other day i was thinking about the team and what it was lacking, and i started thinking "i wish i could select a player from any NHL team and add them to the Devils to give us an edge". Thing was i couldn’t come up with one off the top of my head who i would ,without hesitation, pick.

So this is my question to everyone:

If you could pick one current player from the NHL in any position, to add the to the Devils roster (Salary constraints not to be considered) who would that player be? And what does that player bring that you think the team is lacking?

Clearly there are a lot of obvious choices (Crosby, Ovechkin) but it would be interesting to see if anyone had any other ideas about a player who could really give this team the edge.

My Personal Choice: Patrick Kane

It was a tough decision between these players: Kane, Milan Lucic , Toews, Datsyuk, Landeskog and Duchene.

I was torn between speed and skill, and physicality and leadership. In the end i went with the skill and game breaking ability of Partick Kane. Jagr said back in December that Kane was one of two players he would pay to watch (the other was Datsyuk) and he is a player Jagr could learn a thing or two from. What better is there praise than that?

The guy has top end speed and amazing hands, he makes things happen on the ice and he can just change a game in a second. I really think the Devils could use some physicality a player with a nasty edge, like Lucic or someone who plays hard and leads from the front (Landeskog) but in the end skill wins out.

So what would everyone else’s choice be?

• Like 1

A hypothetical thread?  Love these, very refreshing change from the norm.

Aside from the obvious (ie, Crosby, Ovie)?  I'd have to say.. John Tavares.  I think he's going to be an exceptional all-around player (he already is, in my mind) who can make any linemates better.  And, if we're taking injury history into consideration, he's not a couple big hits away from retirement like Crosby is.

Edit:  Giroux is a very close second.  Beast of a player.

Edited by Devilsfan118

A hypothetical thread?  Love these, very refreshing change from the norm.

Aside from the obvious (ie, Crosby, Ovie)?  I'd have to say.. John Tavares.  I think he's going to be an exceptional all-around player (he already is, in my mind) who can make any linemates better.  And, if we're taking injury history into consideration, he's not a couple big hits away from retirement like Crosby is.

Edit:  Giroux is a very close second.  Beast of a player.

Yeah i thought we could do with something a bit different, we seem to be going over a lot of old groud with the team and the way its playing right now,

An interesting choice, i like it.

I like kane the most out of all the players, but he doesn't strike me as someone who would come in and make the devils a better team all around.

Crosby or yung Johnny T. would be my picks, as they in my opinion could carry an entire team.

Edited by Sneax

I'm not impressed with our wingers, so it would have to be Ovie or Kane. I don't love Ovie's maturity, and I think Kane's an a$$hole, but we need scoring from the wings, so each would solve a ton of problems.

If I was starting from scratch, I would take Crosby in a second, much as I hate him.

Edited by mouse