2013 NHL Draft

Derlique

I'd be on board for that, he was arguably the best goalie in the Q or even CHL as a 17 year old. I was skeptical at first of how much of his success was from playing with a great team in front of him but the more I saw and read about him, the more I believe he was a huge part of that success. Hockey Prospect raves about him, praising his vision, composure, athleticism, and mental toughness.

At first I was completely against trading back, but if the better forwards are gone, Im good with trading back now. I read a mock where someone had us taking Fucale at 9 and I had never heard of him so did some research and in a short period of time I was sold on us taking him, just not that highly. If we could grab him and then if say Lazar or Burakovsky is available, I'd consider our 2 first picks a success. I think Adam Erne could be a potentially good late 1st/early 2nd forward if we have a shot.

I really hope we get Nichushkin tho.  

At first I was completely against trading back, but if the better forwards are gone, Im good with trading back now. I read a mock where someone had us taking Fucale at 9 and I had never heard of him so did some research and in a short period of time I was sold on us taking him, just not that highly. If we could grab him and then if say Lazar or Burakovsky is available, I'd consider our 2 first picks a success. I think Adam Erne could be a potentially good late 1st/early 2nd forward if we have a shot.

I really hope we get Nichushkin tho.  

Burakovsky's tumbling through the rankings this year soured me on him a bit. Hockey Prospect ranked him 46 and Future Considerations 25. Both publications praise his quality offensive game but apparently his defensive game is a wreck and he has consistency/effort concerns. I'd rather pass on him since I think there are other quality forwards who are better bets to make it at the next level.

As I mentioned earlier, Erne is one of those boom or bust prospects to me. He has nice size at 6'1, 196 lbs. and Hockey Prospect described his play as a "fit between a highly talented player and a power forward." Seems to be a quick, agile player who skates really well from what they report. They also say he distributes the puck well and has a great wrist shot. Biggest weakness seems to be his consistency, which isn't surprising since he plays like a power forward, as well as his effort on a game to game basis.

Future Considerations seemed to mirror how Hockey Prospect evaluated him:

SCOUTS QUOTE: “Having watched him with and without Grigorenko, his play without a linemate who thinks the game at an elite level is worrying. His individual ability at times looks like top-10 worthy, but the whole package is lacking that sense or creativity ingredient. Has enough raw skills and grit to carve out a checking line role at the very least.”

Sakic went a little bit more in detail about his statement

"He’s (Seth Jones) a great player, he’s going to be good," Sakic said over the phone from Denver. "But after we had our internal meetings we came up with these three forwards, (Nathan) McKinnon, (Jonathan) Drouin and (Alexander) Barkov. We’re really leaning towards one of those three forwards.

So to be clear, you'll pick one of those three players, Sakic was asked.

"If we’re picking first overall, yes," he said firmly.

To which some people are responding, "Why tell the world?"

"It was more really for our fans here, to let our fans know what we’re thinking going into the draft,” said Sakic, the Avs' vice president of hockey operations. "That’s really what the purpose was, let them know where we’re leaning. What I said is that we’re picking first overall and this is what we’re doing."

Sakic has been a straight shooter all his life. He’s not the kind of guy to say something and mean the opposite. Still, the impact of his comments could be construed to help the Florida Panthers (No. 2 overall pick) and Tampa Bay Lightning (No. 3) feel more anxious now to perhaps pick up the phone and offer a package to Colorado to move up.

http://kuklaskorner.com/hockey/comments/sakic-on-colorados-1-pick?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Still lookin - anyone out there want to help out.  I know I have glided over tickets for events to people, most notably devils skates over the years.

Thanks!

Did you sign up for the raffle? Its supposedly today. I've not heard any reports of anyone getting em yet.

I've seen tix onsale on both CL and Ebay and the prices are pretty disgusting at the moment. I'd not pay $20 to go to the draft. $10-$15 is what I would value them at.

Did you sign up for the raffle? Its supposedly today. I've not heard any reports of anyone getting em yet.

I've seen tix onsale on both CL and Ebay and the prices are pretty disgusting at the moment. I'd not pay $20 to go to the draft. $10-$15 is what I would value them at.

Yes - i did sign up. No word yet here.  Yeah, i think 10-15 per would be reasonable.  Also not signing up to volunteer from 10 - 3 either.  Had season tix in family for 25 yrs before this yr.  didn't renew them because of a lot of the BS with the lockout. 

Yes - i did sign up. No word yet here.  Yeah, i think 10-15 per would be reasonable.  Also not signing up to volunteer from 10 - 3 either.  Had season tix in family for 25 yrs before this yr.  didn't renew them because of a lot of the BS with the lockout. 

Yea, no way I'm volunteering either. I did sign up to be a seat filler, and I'd definitely be good with that.

Where did you sign up for that?

On the website. 

http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=89847

Don't do it if you're wanting to/planning to go with a big group. You prob wont be picked. Im going to solo it if Im seat filling.

EDIT: Apologies, it says capacity reached. I had it bookmarked and just pulled it up now.

Edited by ghdi

Damnit

As you probably would expect, there was an overwhelming response to our contest to win a pair of tickets to the 2013 NHL Draft™ at Prudential Center. Although you were not a winner of tickets, being close to the action is a special feeling for any hockey fan.

Therefore, you are invited to join us for a spectacular 2013 NHL Draft™ Fan Fest presented by Stronger than the Storm that will take place on Championship Plaza beginning at 10:30am and running through 2:30pm. The Fan Fest will feature appearances from Devils Alumni, music from the B Street Band, carnival rides, a Ferris wheel, interactive games, entertainment, food, as well as dual rinks on Mulberry Street hosting a street hockey tournament. Local bars and eateries in the area will also be lined with Devils fans, as the Draft is shown on TVs. Your Devils currently own the 9th overall selection!

damn i thought today was when they were going to reach out to the winners... i haven't heard of anyone that has won

They told me I lost today, if that means anything, lol.

Edit: I take it that they're sending the emails out right about now.

Edited by ATLL765

damn, spoke too soon:

As you probably would expect, there was an overwhelming response to our contest to win a pair of tickets to the 2013 NHL Draft™ at Prudential Center.  Although you were not a winner of tickets, being close to the action is a special feeling for any hockey fan.

Therefore, you are invited to join us for a spectacular 2013 NHL Draft™ Fan Fest presented by Stronger than the Storm that will take place on Championship Plaza beginning at 10:30am and running through 2:30pm.  The Fan Fest will feature appearances from Devils Alumni, music from the B Street Band, carnival rides, a Ferris wheel, interactive games, entertainment, food, as well as dual rinks on Mulberry Street hosting a street hockey tournament.  Local bars and eateries in the area will also be lined with Devils fans, as the Draft is shown on TVs.  Your Devils currently own the 9th overall selection! 

For the best parking options available on event day, please visitwww.clickandpark.com.  

We hope to see you next Sunday as Newark hosts yet another marquee event!