Parise will soon wear new jersey

eldon

Pretty sure hes gonna test the market at this point like he said in an interview with TG once when asked about players signing riht after the season... "Why not wait a few extra months and see what interest is out there?"

Thats scary

It's not scary...just reality. Zach has been Devil property since March 29, 2004 (first contract). It's not like he had much of a choice in the matter...not saying he should have, as that's how the draft and early-career contacts work, but now that he HAS the choice to look around and go wherever he wants. It's a right and oppotunity he's waited for eight years to get...if I was him, I would want to explore it as well.

And I think life will go on for the Devils...I'm not going to say the Devils won't miss him, but I do feel like this team will be OK...it will not be the end of the Devils as we knew them.

It's a speculative article on a slow news day. It doesn't say anything anyone hasn't said here already: Devils have financial issues, or other teams could throw more money at him. This is all true. Otherwise no one really knows whether Zach is happy here, or how much he likes the organization, and the article doesn't purport to do so.

FWIW, as long as it's not the Rangers, it won't be the end of the world, especially if some throws an enormous deal at him. (Although, really the Rags would be better off throwing a ton of money at Suter, but don't tell Sather I said that).

Does anyone think that Parise signs a one year deal to let the CBA come together then next season gets his career deal?

No chance. The kind of offers Parise will see in July, he will not see once all the loopholes are closed. And he could get hurt.

Its sports writer speculation BS. The timing is suspect, but not surprising.

Just prepare yourself. The entire hockey world is going to be talking about Zach potentially leaving ad nauseum whether we fall tonight or win in 7.

The only team Zach could go to that will annoy me and make me bitter towards him is NYR. Philly can't afford him. I'd also be a bit bitter if he went to Boston. If he leaves the conference, I will not hate him. That includes Detroit. He will be booed upon his return though, which I cant say the same for guys like Madden, Gionta, and even Langenbrunner, who I've readily cheered when they return. If Zach leaves now, he's earned the right, but I will not be a fan of his anymore.

I'll take Parise for $8 million per or less. More than that, let him walk.

LGD!

$8 mill, really? I think that is a definite overpayment. If he gets offers for over $8, I would be shocked. I thought $8 is the absolute most he will be offered, I was thinking more along the lines of $7.25-$7.5 cap hit at most...

It's old, and totally doesn't apply to this story, but ....

19139_1305720677960_1078807008_961880_1519537_n.jpg

Haha fantastic, made my day :evil::evil::evil:

Edit: I just noticed that he is still wearing sunglasses when he takes his sunglasses off :noclue:

Edited by giodude

$8 mill, really? I think that is a definite overpayment. If he gets offers for over $8, I would be shocked. I thought $8 is the absolute most he will be offered, I was thinking more along the lines of $7.25-$7.5 cap hit at most...

No one is giving Zack $8 million a year. No teams can afford it. He gets 6.5-$7 million tops.

No one is giving Zack $8 million a year. No teams can afford it. He gets 6.5-$7 million tops.

Its all about upfront money. I agree that his cap hit will be around 7mil but some teams will give him 8-10 up front for several years. With us paying Kovy 11mil in real money the next 4 and another year at 10 after that I worry how much "real" money can be given.

I said $8 million or less, which makes me and you share the same line of thought here. Let's not forget that this playoff run has certainly raised eyebrows when it comes to Parise and other Devils players. His value, unfortunately for us, will go up.

The Devils cannot use the argument in negotiation with Parise saying "Hey, you're our captain, but didn't win us anything..." He could reply, "My first year back from a major injury and I help us get to the SCF...what's your point..."

Any real hockey guy that thinks with his hockey wit and his hockey wallet won't give Parise $8 million per or more because, quite frankly, I have yet to see a game this playoffs where Parise has single handedly made the difference on the scoreboard.

He has backchecked tremendously and played with a lot of heart and courage, yes. I cannot contest that. However, people don't buy $150 average seats to see a guy backcheck and block shots. They want to see a guy break four players and score big goals. I'm afraid Parise has yet to show that.

I wouldn't be surprised if the following teams make a pitch (I've put them in a order of "favorites" to land him)...NY Islanders (build around Tavares and Parise) / Detroit / Minnesota / Nashville / Vancouver (if Luongo goes bye bye).

Guys, I would be absolutely flabbergasted if the Rangers made a pitch for Parise. Ryan Callahan is a poor man's version of Parise, and having two players with similar skill sets on a team that is in need of "difference makers" would not be a good fit. So, don't worry about that.

Seeing Parise in a Rags jersey would make me projectile vomit :puke:

Would be the worst cross river defection by far

Holik and Gomez were atrocious, but Zach doing it would be on a whole other level of disgusting...

Conversely, however, Parise will have the same results with the Rangers. He isn't what that team needs to win a cup.

There are rumblings out there that John Davidson is leaving the Blues because of new ownership and taking over Columbus. Might convince Nash to pull back his trade demand.

I'm kind of torn on that. On one hand, I don't want the Rangers to get Nash, but on the other hand he has a really high cap hit. If he doesn't work out they have him for a lot of years and are tied up with another high cap hit.

I don't see the Rags getting Zach either way anymore. Not that I'm fully convinced he'll stay in NJ, I just don't think he'll go to the Rags.

There are rumblings out there that John Davidson is leaving the Blues because of new ownership and taking over Columbus. Might convince Nash to pull back his trade demand.

That, or JD will just decide to help his old friends by trading them Nash for a bag of pucks and Bickel. :P