Official 2010 Stanley Cup Finals Thread

MDPucks

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup Finals?

• Philly in 4
    • Philly in 5
    • Philly in 6
    • Philly in 7
    • Chicago in 4
    • Chicago in 5
    • Chicago in 6
    • Chicago in 7

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pronger was made to be a Flyer, ergo I can’t stand him, period.

Someone needs to make his nose look like that guy on Dallas, I think Stephane Robidas is the guy?

I have no problem having a defenceman who has won a stanley cup, and been in the finals 3 of the last 5 years, who is also huge,intimidating and tough to play against, and not to mention, can acrually put points up on the PP. Sure he's not the cleanest player in the league, but back when the Devils were winning Stanley cups and making it past the first round, people were afraid to come on to the ice when Stevens was out there. Pronger is similar in alot of ways...

Game on for Game 1.

Pierre is sharing the small camerabox with CBC's Glen Healey. I'm waiting for Doc to throw it to Pierre only to see Pierre and Glen in a full blown make-out session right between the benches.

1-0 Flyers on a brutal goal.

Neime blockers a long shot that deflects into his own defenseman and into the net.

Nice turnover by Brian Campbell to start the whole thing too.

Leighton is giving out rebound like its Christmas.

Anyone know what the deal is with the Blackhawks fans cheering through the entire singing of the National Anthem?

Doc mentioned something about them doing it in '92 after/during the Gulf War.

Its been a tradition since the late 1980's. Most people think it started during the 91 Gulf War but it was a tradition there before that. The 91 ASG at old Chicago Stadium with the Gulf War as a backdrop is probably the most memorable.

1-1 Brouwer ties it on a nice one-time pass from Hossa.

2-2

Hartnell PPG on a scramble. So far Flyers have 3 PP's to Chicago's 0. Can't say I can complain about the calls against Chicago but Philly is getting away with crap in front of their own net.

3-2 Flyers

Briere on another scramble. Blocked shots are finding Flyers sticks. The ice looks like crap as pucks are bouncing all over the place.

Chicago after the 2nd goal simply stopped skating.

Briere with a late goal. 3-2 Flyers at the end of one period.

I thought Philly was the more consistent team throughout the period.

But when Chicago turned it on, they looked unstoppable. They had the Flyers scrambling for a short time there.

Chicago is getting screwed over by the refs. Not for what's being called against them. Instead its for the bloody murder Philly is getting away with. Not to mention twice either McCreary or O'Halloran got in the way of a Blackhawks player trying to rush in on net.

5-5

Asham on a 1-timer after Hossa (whose had a brilliant game to this point) has a Gomez-esque turnover just inside the offensive blueline. Philly rush leading to Chicago running around and its in the net.