‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

But this is closer to the heart for Devil fans. Kovy was here for a half a season but Zach has been here forever. Everyone will take it harder if he leaves.

ah well obviously and i feel the same way. But loyalty goes both ways... how many teams would wait a week before free agency to reach out for contract talks with their captain... Zach said numerous times that he was open to begin talks and wanted to start negotiations.

If Zach decides to move home to Minnesota (and his family) I don't see how anyone can blame him for that.

Salvador is from minny too and look at his quotes about NJ... and he wasnt even drafted here

Its long been rumored that Suter wants to stay in the western conference.

Besides, we are STACKED on D. Not just at the big club, but in the minors as well. Our defense is not a pressing concern. Our offense is with this uncertainty.

I really dont think of it matters though, I don't think Suter would come here.

I dont know if stacked is the right word. Yes, we have a logjam at defence at both the NHL and AHL level, but we lack a stud defencemen that most cup winning teams have. We have alot of good 2nd or 3rd pairing guys, but lack the high end skill on D.

Ok guys, a new twist.

For lunch today I made a hamburger. It looked really great but somewhere from the transfer from grill to the plate, it fell on the ground. Hungry, and with my man senses tingling, I decided to wash it off under water rather than toss it. A little A1 steak sauce later, it was delicious.

What will happen first? Will Zach sign or will I get sick? Or both? Or neither?

Stay tuned!

Ok guys, a new twist.

For lunch today I made a hamburger. It looked really great but somewhere from the transfer from grill to the plate, it fell on the ground. Hungry, and with my man senses tingling, I decided to wash it off under water rather than toss it. A little A1 steak sauce later, it was delicious.

What will happen first? Will Zach sign or will I get sick? Or both? Or neither?

Stay tuned!

I will take neither for your sake and have Zach sign at 12:01 tonight!

EDIT: Oh I thought you meant by the end of the day :saddevil:

Edited by Zubie#8

ah well obviously and i feel the same way. But loyalty goes both ways... how many teams would wait a week before free agency to reach out for contract talks with their captain... Zach said numerous times that he was open to begin talks and wanted to start negotiations.

Enough of this. Lou has done this 1000 times before with his free agents and we've had the #1 guy on the market 2 times, Kovalchuk and Niedermayer. When Elias was last UFA, he was coming off the hepatitus thing he had and was not the #1 guy, went to market, got a competitive offer, and Lou met Patty's demands. Zach is a completely different beast. Niedermayer left to go play with his sister and took less money to do so. Rafalski we let go because of the $$ (a mistake) and he went to his hometown team. Gomez was never going to stay.

Theres a rumor going around that seems very legit that Lou went to Zach at the deadline this year and offered 7 yrs/50 and Zach was prepared to take it but his agents told him not to because they (rightfully) knew that he would get a helluva lot more at market.

I find the blaming of Lou because he waited flimsy. No one knows when negotiations began. And "Zach said numerous times", so what? Zach may have said he was game to talk, but his agents have a lot of sway there as well.

Edited by ghdi

I realize we have D, but i think trades are coming and i wonder where our D will end up. if parise goes, do we go for more offense or do we maybe take a defensive route?

Our D prospects is our stregth right now, go offensive.

Edited by Zubie#8

I realize we have D, but i think trades are coming and i wonder where our D will end up. if parise goes, do we go for more offense or do we maybe take a defensive route?

Who's replacing Zach's offense?

Get out of the defensive mindset. Our defense is set. We have 8 on the big club right now and 2 guys in the AHL that are itching to get up here (Gelinas & Urbom) with another stud likely to have a shot at the club this year or next (Merrill).

We have no forward depth in the minors and if Zach walks, we lose a big chunk here. It seems pretty obvious what we're going for if Parise walks. Tedenby is not an answer.

Get out of the defensive mindset. Our defense is set. We have 8 on the big club right now and 2 guys in the AHL that are itching to get up here (Gelinas & Urbom) with another stud likely to have a shot at the club this year or next (Merrill).

We have no forward depth in the minors and if Zach walks, we lose a big chunk here. It seems pretty obvious what we're going for if Parise walks. Tedenby is not an answer.

A full season of Zajac will get 20-25 goals, so you need 10-15 more goals which is not crazy.

But I agree offense is the way to go. Our defense is strong right now with all the young prospects.

Edited by Zubie#8

How about Zajac? We basically played all of last season without him, and so far even if Zach leaves (which I hope he doesn't) we are basically the same team. Yes the team gets 1 year older, that helps some players, hurts others but there is also another year of "gelling" and the team getting comfortable with each other. Honestly I'm pretty optimistic about our 2012-13 season with no other roster changes right now (assuming we have a season). And as we saw this playoffs, once you get in anything can happen.

How about Zajac? We basically played all of last season without him, and so far even if Zach leaves (which I hope he doesn't) we are basically the same team. Yes the team gets 1 year older, that helps some players, hurts others but there is also another year of "gelling" and the team getting comfortable with each other. Honestly I'm pretty optimistic about our 2012-13 season with no other roster changes right now (assuming we have a season). And as we saw this playoffs, once you get in anything can happen.

And a strong fourth line all year long will help us. But we still need to look at trading for some more offense, too many defensemen at the moment.

Edited by Zubie#8

Im not worried about 2013 yet. However, I think its clear that if we do lose Zach, we're not going to go after another defenseman, thats the main thing I was replying to. I also think Henrique could do even more in his second year.

If Zach leaves, we're still losing a big points producer on this club that helped other guys get #s too. I get that Zajac is still there, and Henrique, and Kovy etc, but there is a hole in one of our scoring lines, and a rather big one. I dont see that hole in defense.

Edited by ghdi

There is literally nothing new to talk about.

How does your stomach feel DP26? I'm putting money that Parise will sign elsewhere and you'll be hospitalized.

Dirty grounds don't fvck around.

Feeling pretty alright. Killed a couple hours this morning doing back and bi's. Bored sh!tless now. Attempting to get the latest scoop from nhlline.ca!

Feeling pretty alright. Killed a couple hours this morning doing back and bi's. Bored sh!tless now. Attempting to get the latest scoop from nhlline.ca!

Anaheim bored with Souray already, trade to New Jersey......IMMINENT.

Semin? Ryan(though he hates NNJ and maybe the Devils but it might not matter)? Nash?

Edited by Marv4Life

Semin? Ryan(though he hates NNJ and maybe the Devils but it might not matter)? Nash?

I dont think we have the assets to trade for Ryan or Nash. I think we could be competitive, but the teams that are rumored to be after those guys (Buffalo, Philly, Carolina, Rags) have more pieces to offer than we currently do.

Semin is the only one possible of those three IMO because hes a UFA.

Id bet Bobby Ryan hates the Devils. Its natural considering he's a huge Flyers fan.

If Zach leaves, we're still losing a big points producer on this club that helped other guys get #s too. I get that Zajac is still there, and Henrique, and Kovy etc, but there is a hole in one of our scoring lines, and a rather big one. I dont see that hole in defense.

Well yea, but I think what me and Zubie were getting at is, you asked who is going to replace Parise's scoring and the answer is, for the most part, Zajac. We didn't have him last year, and this year we (presumably) will.

Well yea, but I think what me and Zubie were getting at is, you asked who is going to replace Parise's scoring and the answer is, for the most part, Zajac. We didn't have him last year, and this year we (presumably) will.

Maybe the 4th line can chip in 15-20 goals. I would not be surprised if all of those guys get near or above 10 goals.

And a year from now, its ZajacEliasZubrusWatch lol. I get you though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.