21 replies to this topic

#1 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:24 PM

Honestly, this would have been more fun if he was still a Flyer and not a BlackHawk.

http://articles.chic...-jonathan-toews

Said Quenneville: "His leash is definitely a lot shorter than most every player in the league. It's tough finding that right balance, but from our perspective, he's doing everything we want."

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#2 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:42 PM

wow... that's all I can say is wow...
Talk about a lack of "vision" on the ice. If a player don't realize that himself and his opponent are 6 feet from the boards when he goes to check him, then the league is better off keeping him suspended.

That being said, I have to admit that seeing Gilbert going flying like that reminded me of watching Tendenby a couple of times this season. Aside from the boarding and getting his face smashed in, of course. hehe
(That and Gilbert is 6-3, 206lbs of course [I looked it up to make sure])

#3 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

It wasnt that bad of a hit. He just god man handled into the boards. It was uncalled for but suspension indefinitely? I dont know.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#4 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:18 PM

It wasnt that bad of a hit. He just god man handled into the boards. It was uncalled for but suspension indefinitely? I dont know.

Yeah that Oiler must only weigh like 175 pounds or so...he went flying
10 years ago that would make the "plays of the week" highlight films

#5 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,505 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

I didn't think it was that bad a hit either.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#6 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:36 PM

Do the checked players have no culpability here, he was hit and became way off balanced

so if two players are chasing a loose puck equally when can contact initiate?

#7 SegaDevil

SegaDevil

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:37 PM

No one had the puck yet.

Interference that includes a shove from behind, resulting in a dangerous play near the end boards. How is that "not that bad" ???

He would have driven the Oiler face-first into the boards had Gilbert not had his feet go out from under him.

edit:

so if two players are chasing a loose puck equally when can contact initiate?

Looks like Carcillo was chasing the player, not the puck.

Edited by SegaDevil, 04 January 2012 - 05:38 PM.

#8 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:41 PM

No one had the puck yet.

Interference that includes a shove from behind, resulting in a dangerous play near the end boards. How is that "not that bad" ???

He would have driven the Oiler face-first into the boards had Gilbert not had his feet go out from under him.

edit:

Yeah it was more of an interference call.

Posted Image
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#9 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,505 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:45 PM

No one had the puck yet.

edit:

Carcillo hit Gilbert in the shoulder and Gilbert hits the boards shoulder first but awkwardly. It's not a great play, but I've seen plays like that where nobody is penalized at all, let alone a major and a lengthy suspension.

Edited by Devils731, 04 January 2012 - 05:49 PM.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#10 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:47 PM

I absolutely hate Carcillo....but I think that hit ended up being worse than he anticipated

#11 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,032 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

Lol I love how he fakes an injury after the hit to avoid getting his fvcking ugly face bashed in.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#12 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,505 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:05 PM

Lol I love how he fakes an injury after the hit to avoid getting his fvcking ugly face bashed in.

I think Carcillo's leg is actually hurt pretty bad, some of the media types think so, at least.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#13 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,032 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:10 PM

I think Carcillo's leg is actually hurt pretty bad, some of the media types think so, at least.

Oh, sweet.

Let it burn, bitch.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#14 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:43 PM

Carcillo is a douche and this hit is pretty questionable as to Carcillo intentions, but it's pretty far from being a truly malicious and dirty hit that's deserving of this kind of supplementary discipline. It's becoming pretty clear that if you have a track record of making dirty plays and taking cheapshots against other players, any type of play that's borderline even, will get you slapped by the Shanahammer pretty hard. Whether or not that's the way things should be or are best way to be done is another debate, but Shanahan has at least been fairly consistent with the way he's called these plays.

#15 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:43 PM

Carcillo is a fvckwit of a person and a piece of sh!t as a player. I don't care if he never comes back to the game.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#16 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:39 PM

If you watch the slow-mo replay from the low angle, it's easy to see that Carcillo's (left, I'm almost certain) knee is hyper-extended, and in the wrong direction.

As to the "not that bad" comments... notice that the puck is just hitting the corner boards (15 ft away) when Carcillo starts his check, but more imporantly Carcillo is trying to put Gilbert into the boards from a spot in front of the goal line! I mean... come on!

Oh, and Gilbert is 220lbs. I said that in my post above (ahem).

#17 HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:07 PM

Carcillo's rap sheet is so long, he might as well sign over all his paychecks to Shany.

#18 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:11 PM

Thought the same thing but I as well now think that he has some issues going on with his leg.

Posted Image

#19 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,146 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:13 PM

Not that bad, no suspension warranted. The puck was nearby, seems like he makes contact under Gilberts arm which is not dirty or illegal. Don't see much wrong with this hit

No shove from behind, no hit to the face, no punch, no stick to the head, head not targeted at all for that matter. What are we bitching about?

Edited by '7', 04 January 2012 - 10:14 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#20 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:43 PM

Are we watching the same play?!?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users