Unique Devils Banner + interesting tidbit about the logo

Colin226

Hey guys.. So for the holidays this year I saw this pretty cool Devils banner that I hadn't seen anywhere else and decided to treat myself.. I like collecting unique-looking Devils items.. The banner is pretty cool and pays homage to the history of the franchise's previous teams, something Devils fans seem to enjoy doing more than most other fanbases (at least that I've seen)

$(KGrHqZ,!lYFCMLvu0hOBQso,2qtuQ~~60_35.JPG

Anyway, if you look you'll notice that the year for the bottom red/black logo is 1999.. I didn't realize this until I got the banner, but I immediately thought it was wrong and emailed the head of sales for the company that makes these (Winning Streak Sports). He got back to me today with an answer from the NHL itself, and an interesting fact about our logo/colors that I certainly did not know:

" The approved Banner is correct, although the current primary mark was introduced in 1992 the one on the Banner is the 1999 primary (current logo) which contains a slightly different shade of red. "

Anyway, its a cool banner that I also thought some fans might like. Got mine on eBay - http://www.ebay.com/...=item2577a91171

Edited by Colin226

Yeah this banner started popping up on eBay a couple months ago. So far I have only seen it on eBay and noplace else.

I also think there is a very good chance the guy you spoke to is full of sh!t and he is just saying that to cover his mistake on the banner. If there is indeed a change of shade, it is so small that just about no one noticed.

Yeah this banner started popping up on eBay a couple months ago. So far I have only seen it on eBay and noplace else.

I also think there is a very good chance the guy you spoke to is full of sh!t and he is just saying that to cover his mistake on the banner. If there is indeed a change of shade, it is so small that just about no one noticed.

This site agrees with the different shade of red story

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/18

4739.gif127.gif32tfs723a3bes0p0hb4hgcy1u.gif

It's pretty cool, but the Rockies logo looks a little bit off, and the '99 thing really bothers me...it's just not accurate, even with the minor shade of red color change...just bothers me. The banner is misleading with that '99. Too bad, because it's actually pretty cool otherwise. I've already got a pretty detailed wall of Scouts/Rockies/Devils history, so to add that would probably be overkill...but it IS nice-looking...part of me wants it...

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

And did anyone even notice it? I doubt it but changing from the trim from green to black is a much more drastic change than changing the shade of red every so slightly. CR1976 is right that 92 should really be the one mentioned, not 1999.

I agree too but to me it's a minor detail as its more about the previous teams.. That, and I can't return it at this point

I agree too but to me it's a minor detail as its more about the previous teams.. That, and I can't return it at this point

Yeah it's a minor detail and honesty I think it's not worth returning it over. I just am puzzled as to why they chose to use that year with the very minor shade change instead of the major update in 1992.

Ill prob get one of these soon for myself. I really like the look of it overall

Yeah it's a minor detail and honesty I think it's not worth returning it over. I just am puzzled as to why they chose to use that year with the very minor shade change instead of the major update in 1992.

Ill prob get one of these soon for myself. I really like the look of it overall

It is nice-looking...the year thing is odd, especially since most Devils fans are going to notice it immediately, but I can understand why it's not a deal-breaker...I like the design. If I had a space for it, I'd definitely consider it.

I can never find a white Scouts jersey.........only blue.

The banner I can't find anywhere. How much was it?

Can't help with the jersey but I put I link to the banner on eBay in the bottom of my original post. You can typically find it by searching online for "Devils heritage banner"

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah but also be warned that some sellers are selling these without actually having these in hand. Happened to my gf and a friend of mine who tried to buy these.

Wow that's weird and I believe a violation of eBay.. So what did they tell her?