NJ Devs Fantasy Football Smack Talk 2014

RSC

If red can win the league with 14 players then the rest of us should be ashamed :P  It's hard enough with fifteen given byes/injuries.  While I 'sort' of agree red shouldn't benefit from a suspension, there's also a non-zero chance Gordon gets his keyster thrown in jail by next August.  So while red would get a tremendous benefit next year, it's certainly not without a risk. (mainly that he carries an empty roster spot and doesn't get the big payoff next year)

Honestly my plan all along was to draft 1 of the rookie WRs w/ the 15th pick, once they all disappeared early I changed my mind and was going to go after 1 of the rookie QBs, then none wone the starting job and plan "C" came to me... a 15th pick is worth so much more if he becomes your keeper next year... and seriously what else will I get out of a 15th pick??

So I'm taking a leap of faith that Gronk stays healthy and I can eventually dump my back up TE to fill the bye week spots for pther posistions if needed...  and yeah I beleive I am that good....

Only two QBs on that roster? Your autodraft failed you :P But honestly once Moreno inevitably wins the starting job in Miami and becomes a fantasy RB2, I think you'll have a pretty competitive team in a 16 team league. Can't say I know how the IDPs will score though, I've never really tried to understand em

Problem is most of the other teams in my division are monster teams too.  One guy has Brees-Forte-Rice/Sproles-V. Jackson-Boldin-Reed as his starting lineup (offensively).  Another guy has Rodgers-J.Bell-AJ Green-Brandon Marshall-Cameron-Torrey Smith as his starting lineup.  And the 'last' place team actually finished with a winning record and has a respectable lineup of RG3-Gore-Decker-Edelman-G.Tate-Rudolph

IDP's are a challenge lol...but you can get an edge if you do it right.  I don't like to draft my IDP's before say, round 13 or so cause you can still get good ones after that but obviously the Jared Allens and guys who give you a positional edge go earlier.

I'm currently laughing at all of the Draft Grades. DR got the worst and it proceeded to spend 3 separate bullet points talking about Patrick Murray :lol:

I'm actually surprised red was the one A...he does have a good team but I figured he'd be docked for drafting someone that's projected for 0.00 points this year :lol:  I was also surprised CRASHER got a B-, Yahoo must not think much of Cutler/Roethlisberger or Rudolph.  I did think a lot of us would get B+/B grades though, there are a ton of teams I could make a case for at least playoff contention.

Does New Orleans have a kicker ? I know they dropped Graham a week ago. Did they resign him?

Yep

and the highest projected kicker is....

PATRICK MURRAY!!!

....and....we're......done!!!!!

Sadly in record fast time too......

WHO?!

I'm currently laughing at all of the Draft Grades. DR got the worst and it proceeded to spend 3 separate bullet points talking about Patrick Murray :lol:

It seems they ripped me for the kicker and drafting players on the same bye week. I'm not opposed to one throw-away week where everyone is gone and a most of your starters starting the rest of the season.

I drafted in my cash league yesterday... also got the #1 pick..

QB: Brees - no one :) 
WR: DJax, Torrey Smith, Colston, Watkins, Welker
RB: Shady, Ellington, Sankey, Sproles
TE: Gronk, Tim Wright 
DEF: Texans
K: Crosby

It seems they ripped me for the kicker and drafting players on the same bye week. I'm not opposed to one throw-away week where everyone is gone and a most of your starters starting the rest of the season.

I probably got docked for not having a backup QB too.  Quite honestly, I didn't think there was a real difference in the guy you could draft in round 11 or so and the guy you would wind up picking up in FA during the season.  Plus Luck's bye isn't till Week 10 anyway though if he gets hurt then I'll just play merry-go-QB the way I did late last year or the other year I went to the title game :P

It's almost impossible not to have at least one bye-heavy week during the season.  They criticize me for Week 10 but I really don't think I'd be in THAT bad a shape despite five players on bye - two are backups anyway, one's a kicker that I can replace, I can just put in Chris Johnson for Foster and Colston/Boldin at Flex and drop whatever RB that's not playing for a random QB fillin.  Of course that's assuming I have anywhere near the same roster by then which most likely won't happen.  Week 11 might be worse in a way with both Foster and CJ on bye, then I have to hope Greene/Bradshaw is playing or I can pick someone up by then for my RB2...but pretty much everyone else is playing that week.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Not till just before the season - i.e. early October...I'll put up the league tomorrow or this weekend, gotta detox from all this football first :P (between this draft, a live draft Saturday and prepping my autodraft last night) but between the fact it's only going to be a 14-15 team league and the fact there should be several returning players plus Manta there shouldn't be that much trouble in recruiting <knock on wood>

Edited by NJDevs4978

I drafted in my cash league yesterday... also got the #1 pick..

QB: Brees - no one  :) 

WR: DJax, Torrey Smith, Colston, Watkins, Welker

RB: Shady, Ellington, Sankey, Sproles

TE: Gronk, Tim Wright 

DEF: Texans

K: Crosby

How the hell did you get Brees AND McCoy?  Unless it's an auction/keeper league?

I actually like 'handcuffing' Gronk with Wright.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Josh Gordon will reportedly spend the NFL season working as a car salesman

Does that mean that red gets six points per car sold?? :lol:

Yahoo gave me a B- in all my leagues....which is fine by me.....I give their player rankings an F....I have not forgotten ranking Shoun Greene 8th overall a few years ago :P

Don't forget to set your damn rosters :P

They also project you for a 1-12 record :blink:  I wish I could put money on the over :lol:

They have me at 8-5, I'd sign up for that right now.  I think I have a good team but this might be the year I finally miss the playoffs...there are a lot of good teams, and so much parity atm - which is why I kind of drafted for depth and balance as opposed to loading up on one or two stars, when there's so much volatility having more options can help (though I might regret not going with Jordy Nelson in round 2 and just leaving RB2 for later, though I didn't think there'd be good options left and people held their water on drafting RB's more than I thought).  Playing you twice and Masked when he actually has a good team twice ain't gonna help, but we'll see which way the ball bounces.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Their comments are sometimes humorous. 

Led by a Terrific Group of RBs, Masked Marauders Obviously Did Their Homework

Collusion might be the only way to stop Masked Marauders this year, as they are projected to finish with a record of 10-2-0; good enough for second in NJDevs Fantasy Football League. They obviously understand how important the running back position is in fantasy football. They used three of their first five picks on RBs Matt Forte (first round), Doug Martin (third round), and Joique Bell (fourth round). A lot will be expected of this group, as they are one of the most prolific groups of RBs in the league.

And sometimes their is just raw wisdom

Edited by Masked Fan

How the hell did you get Brees AND McCoy? Unless it's an auction/keeper league?

I actually like 'handcuffing' Gronk with Wright.

Sorry, forgot to add it's a ten man which makes it slightly better. Buy still, he fell a bit and I grabbed him at the turn with the first pick of the 3rd round. I purposely drafted him in the third as opposed to last pick of the 2nd for an exaggerated story ;)

You may not have to, there is talk his suspension maybe reduced

Heard this today, NFL is close to accepting new drug policy that diffferentiates between PED and redreational drugs, suspension for recreational drugs much less, Wleker & Gordon may very well have their suspensions reduced or eliminated....

How good a pick will Gordon look like then!!!

verrrrry init

Heard this today, NFL is close to accepting new drug policy that diffferentiates between PED and redreational drugs, suspension for recreational drugs much less, Wleker & Gordon may very well have their suspensions reduced or eliminated....

How good a pick will Gordon look like then!!!

hmmm verrrrry interesting

If the NFL retroactively reduced their suspensions I might go on a CRASHER type rant. They did what they did with the old rules in place, their punishment should be based on that system period.

If they're going to pull that then Rice better get six games...

Edited by NJDevs4978