GDT New Jersey Devils at Flyers

ZeroGravityFat

The Briere BS was a blown call by the refs (specifically Rehman whose in his 2nd full year) but Toronto can't do anyting about it. The player "stopping" isn't a reviewable call. Only a question of whether the puck went in or how it goes in is reviewable. The arena horn blew and frankly I think Toronto called telling them "Huddle on this NOW!" figuring that Rehman and Joannette would come to the correct conclusion but they still blew it.

Crisis averted though thanks to Patty.

If I was a betting man... I'd bet on the Flyers.

Good thing I'm not a betting man. Great effort tonight against a team we NEVER beat in their arena. Aside from some of the worst officiating since the lockout (I think every single one of those interference calls was bogus), plus Toronto getting in the act in the shootout, I thought the team showed a lot of character to come back from 2-0 and 3-2 against Philly in their own building.

We're starting to show that we can score some goals and put up good games, now we just need to get consistent.

If that wasn't a stop, then what is?

Thankfully, Patty snuck one under; how the heck did he do that anyway?

I'd love to see Shanny give one of his taped explanations over why that was a goal, if he could even keep a straight face while doing it :P

Beats me if I know how Patty got that puck under, maybe he dug a tunnel on the ice...god knows, the refs probably would have let him do that if he was wearing a Flyer sweater :rolleyes:

You can tell even though Clarkson does have his blunders he always gives 100%.

I never had a problem with his effort. I had a problem with him making boneheaded plays, falling at the slightest touch, taking dumb penalties and generally not driving the net. In all of these respects, he is a different player this year.

I'd love to see Shanny give one of his taped explanations over why that was a goal, if he could even keep a straight face while doing it :P

Beats me if I know how Patty got that puck under, maybe he dug a tunnel on the ice...god knows, the refs probably would have let him do that if he was wearing a Flyer sweater :rolleyes:

thats what i wanna see. i want a solid explanation for that goal. im happy with the win and all, the guys pulled through and beat one of my least favorite teams in the league, but still i feel like philthy got away with too much tonight. brieres move there just sent me over the top. i realyy hope they look at this again

Yeah, this calls for a Shanny explanation!