Devils at Rangers, Tuesday Feb 7

Triumph

The best part is that I remember one night when watching the MSG Devils postgame desk with Daneyko, Trautwig and the other guys, Al kept taking shots at Dano for being biased, saying something like, "So much for unbiased reporting". Dano was open and said, "of course I love the Devils" or something of the sort.

The best part is that I remember one night when watching the MSG Devils postgame desk with Daneyko, Trautwig and the other guys, Al kept taking shots at Dano for being biased, saying something like, "So much for unbiased reporting". Dano was open and said, "of course I love the Devils" or something of the sort.

and what we see in that video is nothing but absolute, biased, pure sadness from Al Trautwig.. making himself look like a child in that report :yea:

I am truly embarrassed for the entire sportscasting business. I understand that he was hired by MSG and the Rangers, so that is where his loyalties lie but, this comes off as incredibly unprofessional and sad.

That being said, the refs get one look, in real-time, with all hell breaking loose in front of them. My first look, with the Rangers feed and sound down, I thought it was a good goal. Again, one look, gut reaction. After watching it 100 times since, I came up for different reasons for each possible call. Bottom line, as a fan, I'll take the 2 points and run.

The ending of the rant that's from is even more brilliant

Marty's save% is now up to .899. Considering it was in the low .880s not so long ago, that's a nice improvement.

The call at the end of the game...if you're the team or a fan of the team on the receiving end of it, you're plenty pissed...if you're on the other end, you'll take it. I can understand how both sides feel. Nice to see one go the Devils' way, as they don't often seem to.

The Devils still can't do much against Lundqvist (22 SOG didn't help their cause much), and yet another insane third period that saw the Devils get outshot by a boatload, but they got the win and the 2 points...all that matters. The Rags still have two games in hand on the Devils, but the Devils trailing the Rangers by 6 points in the standings seemed like a pipe dream not long ago. Ottawa slumping has been nice...the Devils have three games in hand on them and lead them by four points. Like I've said, this season I'm less concerned about seeding and simply concerned with getting in. Devils are strengthening their cause in that regard.

I am truly embarrassed for the entire sportscasting business. I understand that he was hired by MSG and the Rangers, so that is where his loyalties lie but, this comes off as incredibly unprofessional and sad.

He was actually a Long Island kid who worked as a stick boy for the Isles back in the day. Some loyalty, huh? Just another cityboy wannabe douche.

Al wants to be liked. His whole Lost thing made it clear who he is and what kind of an announcer he wants to be. When he called out Dano that one time I sort of put it into the context that HE had been chided for his lack of bias - not that he was considering himself a paragon of virtue. Even Dano's response I felt like - Dano is SUPPOSED to be biased, well sort of anyhow - he represents himself that way too, like he;ll do his best but he IS Mr. Devil sooo - it's to be expected. Al is NOT Mr Ranger. Even Stan could get away with being a little unbiased just because he's marketed as a New Yorker.

See guys like this, like Al... they think they're fun guys is the problem. They laugh hardest at their own jokes and stuff... I appreciate Al's joie de vivre but he's such a peckerwood - he's like a nightmare blind date.

Edited by Pepperkorn

Tortorella's sworn nemesis Brooksie at the Post:

One puck did actually get by Brodeur, an Artem Anisimov rebound of a Ryan Callahan shot with 3.5 seconds to go, but what for a moment appeared to be the tying goal was correctly negated because of a goaltender interference call on Marian Gaborik, who rammed into Brodeur after being nudged — but not shoved — by Devils defenseman Anton Volchenkov.

Nothing — nothing that counted, that is — got by Brodeur, who will turn 40 on May 6.

Or as Yankees relief pitcher and hockey enthusiast Joba Chamberlain put it to The Post as he stood outside the Rangers room: “The Ageless Wonder.”

Not disappointed at all.

The refs missed a blatant high stick and trip..............is Tortarella bitching about those?

Never feel disappointed for the Ranjerks. Was waiting to see Torts head explode at the end there. I think if it had been earlier in the game and he kept going like that, the ref would toss him

Awe watched the Cam clip.

YOU DONT HAVE TO READ THIS :evil:

Thing of it is that all these blows to the head and neck area -- just so many things are effected. You do a little minor glandular damage you dont even think about ---then you've got chemical imbalances. This isnt happy yoga horsesh!t. It's something I'm noticing in the science and medical field. I'd do a thesis on it if I could. A lot of guys who did martial arts and stuff have thyroid issues - I think choke holds and stuff... shots to the head - pituitary or hypothalamus damage and stuff... it's just something I've been thinking about... things that hit you in middle age and you think what the hell was I thinking? My husband worked in Lysosomal storage disorders for a while and those are plain and simple shots to the head. You just worry when you have these smart men who do damage to themselves. I understand thinking sh!t yeah! It's worth it... but is it really? I feel maternal and stuff... :saddevil:

And you all might have done this kind of damage just being guys - it's not something I just associate with hockey toughs like they're calling out in the press now.

boy this is some sh!tty writing but I'm too lazy to be grammatically correct etc and so forth :P

Loyalty goes with the paycheck. I don't blame Al on that. Hell, if the Flyers hired me to do play-by-play, I'd be a Flyers "fan". Feeding my family out-weighs anything else. Of course, if the Devils came calling, I'd leave the Flyers in a heartbeat. :)

He was actually a Long Island kid who worked as a stick boy for the Isles back in the day. Some loyalty, huh? Just another cityboy wannabe douche.

The rags left some goals on the ice, thats what they should be focusing on. I wont appologize for that win, maybe for our 3rd period strategy though

Fayne played well, although Callahan burned him once badly on a deke in our corner, and he needs to stick lift on that crossing pass

Greene and A-train are solid

foster had 15mins with 3 PPs, so about 11 mins of 5 vs 5, why did it seem like 23 mins. dog years and foster mins I guess

we're not playing too bad for a team with no all-stars!!!!! exceeding expectations!!! now watch the isles crush us! lol

The rags left some goals on the ice, thats what they should be focusing on. I wont appologize for that win, maybe for our 3rd period strategy though

Fayne played well, although Callahan burned him once badly on a deke in our corner, and he needs to stick lift on that crossing pass

Greene and A-train are solid

foster had 15mins with 3 PPs, so about 11 mins of 5 vs 5, why did it seem like 23 mins. dog years and foster mins I guess

we're not playing too bad for a team with no all-stars!!!!! exceeding expectations!!! now watch the isles crush us! lol

I was in the chat last night when everyone was talking about Foster. I was bugging out asking why everyone was still talking about him because I felt like he was out there for 7 minutes straight at one point.

After finally getting to watch the game last night I noticed they were attacking Fosters side a lot but that's got to be expected now. If we the fans know he's sketchy on D, the whole league knows it.

Boomer was just talking about how bad the ice was at the Garden last night. Saying elite players like Kovalchuck and Parise had trouble stick handling.

Makes it even more of a joke when they say our building is worse than MSG.. That arena is a piece of garbage!! They can self proclaim it the greatest arena in the world all they want, but it doesn't change how crappy it really is

Makes it even more of a joke when they say our building is worse than MSG.. That arena is a piece of garbage!! They can self proclaim it the greatest arena in the world all they want, but it doesn't change how crappy it really is

Honestly I am surprised Carton has the guts to even discuss hockey anymore after what happened all those years ago with Lindros when he was on the radio in Philly.

Larry Brooks makes the non-goal a non-issue. Perhaps to 'tell it like he sees it' or to get under Tortorella's skin a little more.

"One puck did actually get by Brodeur, an Artem Anisimov rebound of a Ryan Callahan shot with 3.5 seconds to go, but what for a moment appeared to be the tying goal was correctly negated because of a goaltender interference call on Marian Gaborik, who rammed into Brodeur after being nudged — but not shoved — by Devils defenseman Anton Volchenkov."

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/garden_marty_DBD7UrPFuQ6DFKRTMFxu2N#ixzz1lnjbu4v4

This is a funny comment on NHL.com : "Rangers out played the Devils the whole game. Devils dominated the first five minutes of the game."

Who ever says our arena sucks is lost in the world of stupidity. The Rock is beautiful. It may not be filled as much as I want it to be, but that's a state of the art hockey rink right there. Absolutely beautiful.

Boomer and Carton are replaying Al Twaatwick rant again. I just can't get over it. Even though the Devils won, it still pisses me off.

Honestly I am surprised Carton has the guts to even discuss hockey anymore after what happened all those years ago with Lindros when he was on the radio in Philly.

What happened?

I'm a Devils fan, so naturally I'm happy to see it go our way this time. But overall I feel like the officiating should be more consistent on these kinds of goalie interference calls. I don't know what the official rule(s) state in this regard, but at least to my eye this kind of thing happens all the time, and it gets called -or not called- differently in every game. Sometimes it's not even consistent within the same game. Agreed that the refs have to make these judgments in a split second with all kinds of distractions, and I'm often the one person among my friends who's willing to give the refs the benefit of the doubt. But it just seems like there's almost no rhyme or reason as to how they're going to call this particular penalty.

Edited by Brick Pig

The call at the end of the game...if you're the team or a fan of the team on the receiving end of it, you're plenty pissed...if you're on the other end, you'll take it. I can understand how both sides feel. Nice to see one go the Devils' way, as they don't often seem to.

We've been getting break after break on this current winning streak, though, haven't we?