‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

per todd cordel

Devils will be apart of final decision I'm told. Parise in process of eliminating MIN or PIT....Final two expected to be MIN - NJ or PIT-NJ

edit: well thats really good IMO

Edited by SterioDesign

I don't put much stock in these tweets...things change so rapidly. Mystery teams can appear at the last second with massive offers, odd things can happen (hey A-Rod was a Red Sox right?)

Edited by '7'

Does Zach want to be 3rd fiddle in Pittsburgh or The Man here?

Also if Suter to Detroit hits a snag they're going to turn around and go after Parise hard. DO NOT discount Detroit

Edited by '7'

Also if Suter to Detroit hits a snag they're going to turn around and go after Parise hard. DO NOT discount Detroit

Sounds like Detroit's out, and Parise's making his decision within the next hour or two. I would imagine Suter's announcement coming after... However, I really don't know anything lol..

That's what I'm thinking. How do you go from the Captain of a team to a third wheel. Money talks, but that wouldn't sit right with me.

Detroit already put in their offer and it seems it wasn't what he was looking for.

Between Minnesota and us, I say Minnesota. Between Pittsburgh and us, I think he stays.

Detroit already put in their offer and it seems it wasn't what he was looking for.

Between Minnesota and us, I say Minnesota. Between Pittsburgh and us, I think he stays.

I would just be very surprised if he picks Minny. Unless he has the fiance breating down his neck to go 'home', it just doesn't make sense (unless he would seriously be averaging 10m/year). He won't see a winning team there for at least a few years.

For me I am the opposite of a previous poster. While I would hate for him to go to the Pens, that is an organization with a strong player base and would be a heavy cup favorite. To me, going to Minny would be a simple money grab.

Yea, the state of the team should deter Zach from signing with the Wild. I understand it's home, but when you're about to get as much money as he is...you can afford plenty of trips back home.

Minny would be about his home/family and money... all the wild has for the last few years or actually always had is promises and excuses. year after year. They have good prospects coming but thats up in the air if they'll translate in the NHL and be succesful

I wonder if Lou gathered a bunch of guys like Robinson, Stevens, Marty (he did), and maybe a guy like Shannahan or Niedermayer to convince him to stay.

Shannahan will offer immunity for the first 2 boarding calls Zach receives under the new contract. :giggle: no suspensions or fines.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.