The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

I have a Jack GI from last season…got it for much less than a Jack GW, and nice to have a Hughes jersey that’s truly they wear on the nice.

Can’t say I’m a huge Cam fan, but not his fault that Lou signed an aging injury-prone player thinking that he wouldn’t miss games and/or decline.

Nice grabs.

2021-22 HFC warm-up worn jerseys ended last night.

Player  Price 
Mercer, Dawson  $ 2,550.00
Hamilton, Dougie  $ 1,900.00
Hughes, Jack  $ 1,600.00
Hischier, Nico  $ 1,510.00
Graves, Ryan  $ 1,100.00
Tatar, Tomas  $ 1,050.00
Blackwood, Mackenzie  $ 1,050.00
Bastian, Nathan  $ 1,050.00
Bratt, Jesper  $ 1,000.00
Geertsen, Mason  $    975.00
Wood, Miles  $    950.00
Zacha, Pavel  $    950.00
Kuokkanen, Janne  $    850.00
Johnsson, Andreas  $    800.00
McLeod, Michael  $    800.00
Subban, PK  $    752.00
Smith, Ty  $    750.00
Vesey, Jimmy  $    675.00
Sharangovich, Yegor  $    651.00
Severson, Damon  $    650.00
Bernier, Jonathan  $    550.00
Siegenthaler, Jonas  $    521.71
Boqvist, Jesper  $    500.00
Mascot  $    500.00
DeLeo, Chase  $    476.00
White, Colton  $    450.00
Jaros, Christian  $    400.00

$975 for Geersten, heh heh...I'm guessing the buyer might have been Geersten.

Dawson, wow.

Nabbed a Daneyko Jersey Retirement Night Paul Martin GW…don’t see Dano RNs come available often, so decided to snag it.  There’s players that would’ve been more appealing (and this one is autographed, which I could’ve done without), but Martin had a plenty solid career.  

Thought the Dano and Stevens night jerseys (with their respective numbers on each side of the shoulder yoke) had such a unique and sharp look.  Wish they’d done that with others, especially Niedermayer.  The rectangular “27” patch was so bland.  

On 12/11/2021 at 4:56 AM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Nabbed a Daneyko Jersey Retirement Night Paul Martin GW…don’t see Dano RNs come available often, so decided to snag it.  There’s players that would’ve been more appealing (and this one is autographed, which I could’ve done without), but Martin had a plenty solid career.  

Thought the Dano and Stevens night jerseys (with their respective numbers on each side of the shoulder yoke) had such a unique and sharp look.  Wish they’d done that with others, especially Niedermayer.  The rectangular “27” patch was so bland.  

Nice grab!  I saw it posted on eBay but didn't bother putting in a bid or offer since the seller was playing games while selling it both on eBay and on FB.

Yeah he was a bit of a douche for sure.  I got it for a good bit less than his final listing price. 

• 2 weeks later...

So the Jimmy Hayes warmup-worn worn jerseys ended last night with little fanfare unfortunately.  Five Devils jerseys and nine Blackhawks jerseys ended with zero bids which is over 1/3 of all the jerseys up for auction between the two teams (!).  I think this is a combo of the auction taking place 2.5 months after these jerseys were worn and NHL auctions did a disservice for the Blackhawks jerseys by listing them under Devils team category instead of the Blackhawks team category on the website.

Below are the players, final price, and number of bids received on that lot.

New Jersey Devils    
Player Price # of Bids
Hischier, Nico  $ 750.00 0
Hughes, Jack  $ 750.00 1
Mercer, Dawson  $ 750.00 9
Subban, PK  $ 750.00 1
Bratt, Jesper  $ 650.00 3
Hamilton, Dougie  $ 600.00 5
Bernier, Jonathan  $ 500.00 0
Graves, Ryan  $ 500.00 1
Jaros, Christian  $ 500.00 0
Sharangovich, Yegor  $ 500.00 1
Tatar, Tomas  $ 500.00 0
Vesey, Jimmy  $ 500.00 1
Geertsen, Mason  $ 350.00 1
Johnsson, Andreas  $ 350.00 1
Kuokkanen, Janne  $ 350.00 1
McLeod, Michael  $ 350.00 1
Siegenthaler, Jonas  $ 350.00 0
Zacha, Pavel  $ 350.00 1

Chicago Blackhawks    
Player Price # of Bids
Kane, Patrick  $ 800.00 2
Toews, Jonathan  $ 750.00 0
Fleury, Marc-Andre  $ 750.00 2
Debrincat, Alex  $ 600.00 2
De Haan, Calvin  $ 500.00 0
Mitchell, Ian  $ 500.00 0
Jones, Seth  $ 500.00 1
Hagel, Brandon  $ 450.00 2
Johnson, Tyler  $ 450.00 3
Dach, Kirby  $ 400.00 2
Entwistle, Mackenzie  $ 350.00 0
Gustafsson, Eric  $ 350.00 0
Jujhar, Khaira  $ 350.00 0
Kurashev, Philipp  $ 350.00 0
Murphy, Connor  $ 350.00 0
Stillman, Riley  $ 350.00 0
Borgstrom, Henrik  $ 350.00 1
Gaudette, Adam  $ 350.00 1
Lankinen, Kevin  $ 350.00 1
McCabe, Jake  $ 350.00 1
Kubalik, Dominik  $ 350.00 2

Maybe the whole "#10 Broadway" (Devils) thing was simply too niche for collectors?  IDK

If anything, I guess since they all look the same (with sizes being the only real difference), would it really matter all that much who wore what, during a warmup?  It's kinda "Well I can get a #10 Broadway for $350 or I can get it for $750."  

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Maybe the whole "#10 Broadway" (Devils) thing was simply too niche for collectors?  IDK

If anything, I guess since they all look the same (with sizes being the only real difference), would it really matter all that much who wore what, during a warmup?  It's kinda "Well I can get a #10 Broadway for $350 or I can get it for $750."  

Yeah that is a possibility.  However, Blackhawks collectors are usually pretty zealous for everything and anything and their pockets are typically deep.

In talking about this with another collector, he said he thinks they started some of them way too high.  I can see that where Hischier started at $750 while in the past warmup auctions I believe he started at $500.

The Blackhawks jerseys all read "#39 Haysey".  I knew they were all #39, but I'd forgotten what the nameplate said.  

Yeah given the general niche factor, they probably should've been priced lower...and like I said, does it matter who wore what, given that all of the jerseys are basically identical?  

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The Blackhawks jerseys all read "#39 Haysey".  I knew they were all #39, but I'd forgotten what the nameplate said.  

Yeah given the general niche factor, they probably should've been priced lower...and like I said, does it matter who wore what, given that all of the jerseys are basically identical?  

Kinda.  Typically the trainer marks on the inside either on the fight strap or by the neck the number of the player who wore it.

There have been similar auctions in the past by other teams and none that I can think of have had this low of activity.

For me, I wouldn't be interested in a jersey like that unless it was a tribute to a player I really liked. Hayes seemed like a good (but troubled) dude, but he played 33 games as a Devil and was not very memorable. 

To buy one of these after his death like I was a big supporter of his or like his death truly affected me as a fan would feel disingenuous to me. 

Maybe that's a weird take, it wouldn't be my first. 

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

For me, I wouldn't be interested in a jersey like that unless it was a tribute to a player I really liked. Hayes seemed like a good (but troubled) dude, but he played 33 games as a Devil and was not very memorable. 

To buy one of these after his death like I was a big supporter of his or like his death truly affected me as a fan would feel disingenuous to me. 

Maybe that's a weird take, it wouldn't be my first. 

Actually, I find it to be a very honest take, and one I'd agree with.  Of course not that any of us would ever equate a person's worth with how we should mourn him, and it's often sad when people pass early (there's definitely people who are an exception to that rule), but Hayes was a completely forgettable Devil.  He's one of those guys if not for what happened, that you'd almost not even realize that he ever played here.  Like you, I can't pretend that he had this major impact on me.

For the most part, I try to collect players that mean or meant something to me...there's a reason why I have a friggin' boatload of Palms GWs.  Hayes' story is unfortunate and sad, but I think it's much more so for his former teammates and family...he bounced around in his relatively brief NHL career, never sticking with one team for very long.  I felt more when I found out that Kurvers passed...even though he (like Hayes) wasn't here very long, that 87-88 team was so special to me, and he was one of the players who made a tough 88-89 season more tolerable...he had a career year that season and was a guy I was really rooting for...of course, he's mostly remembered for going in the deal would landed the pick that would become Scott Niedermayer, but he was a nice player to watch during his relatively short time here...a guy who felt like a real building block (which he became in a much different way of course).  His death (was only 58, died just this past June) was weird, on a personal level...now that I'm firmly in my 50s, when people that age pass, it freaks me out a little.  I remember the guy as an NHLer and a Devil, who was only in mid-20s when he was here...kinda froze in time for me I guess.

On a side note, DM84 had a GW Kurvers (red and green away) he offered to sell me, so I jumped on it...glad I did.  It's a player that I remember well and who I liked, not to mention that it's HAMMERED...tons of repairs, marks, plenty of crest-crinkling, etc.  One that I definitely enjoy wearing to games.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Actually, I find it to be a very honest take, and one I'd agree with.  Of course not that any of us would ever equate a person's worth with how we should mourn him, and it's often sad when people pass early (there's definitely people who are an exception to that rule), but Hayes was a completely forgettable Devil.  He's one of those guys if not for what happened, that you'd almost not even realize that he ever played here.  Like you, I can't pretend that he had this major impact on me.

Correct, but being that he was not a memorable player, its not really a guy that I would say I'm mourning. I'm sad for his family, like I would be for any family who loses their dad. But it doesn't become more meaningful to me because he was briefly a Devil, nor would I feel it was appropriate, given that I wasn't a fan, for me to walk around with a jersey intended to be a tribute to him. I would feel like I was faking it just to own a jersey. 

That said, I would never suggest that anyone else should feel any particular way about it, that's just how I feel. 

Congrats on the Kurvers, that is a very cool jersey to have. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Correct, but being that he was not a memorable player, its not really a guy that I would say I'm mourning. I'm sad for his family, like I would be for any family who loses their dad. But it doesn't become more meaningful to me because he was briefly a Devil, nor would I feel it was appropriate, given that I wasn't a fan, for me to walk around with a jersey intended to be a tribute to him. I would feel like I was faking it just to own a jersey. 

That said, I would never suggest that anyone else should feel any particular way about it, that's just how I feel. 

Congrats on the Kurvers, that is a very cool jersey to have. 

Yeah, you said what I was trying to say, but you did it a little better (I had meant to say "player's worth/skills" as opposed to "person's worth"...I was trying to say I wouldn't feel the loss of an athlete shouldn't ever be based on how good/talented he is).  Yeah feel sorry for those who were close to him, his family, etc.  And yeah, people can feel about him any way they want.

Yeah I like the Kurvers jersey a lot.  Also have a Jamie Huscroft GW (home white) and 75th NHL anniversary Albelin (red and green road) from that era that I enjoy wearing too.  

20 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, you said what I was trying to say, but you did it a little better (I had meant to say "player's worth/skills" as opposed to "person's worth"...I was trying to say I wouldn't feel the loss of an athlete shouldn't ever be based on how good/talented he is).  Yeah feel sorry for those who were close to him, his family, etc.  And yeah, people can feel about him any way they want.

Yeah I like the Kurvers jersey a lot.  Also have a Jamie Huscroft GW (home white) and 75th NHL anniversary Albelin (red and green road) from that era that I enjoy wearing too.  

I guess I take that a step further and say that the fact that someone is an athlete doesn't make the loss any more sad. Unless you really like said athlete and followed them, etc.

56 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I guess I take that a step further and say that the fact that someone is an athlete doesn't make the loss any more sad. Unless you really like said athlete and followed them, etc.

Oh I agree, and I would take that a step further and say "The fact that someone is FAMOUS doesn't make his or her loss any more sad or tragic".    

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh I agree, and I would take that a step further and say "The fact that someone is FAMOUS doesn't make his or her loss any more sad or tragic".    

Agreed. It could be argued that at least in the financial aspect, its easier on the family when the person is famous. At least they don't have to worry where their next meal is coming from. 

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to mean more to the Blackhawk fanbase than to the Devils faithful.  He didn’t even have a full season of NHL games with those teams combined (43 with the Blackhawks, 33 with the Devils).  

11 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Seems to mean more to the Blackhawk fanbase than to the Devils faithful.  He didn’t even have a full season of NHL games with those teams combined (43 with the Blackhawks, 33 with the Devils).  

It's not necessarily even about Hayes.  Blackhawks collectors are nuts.  There are a lot of them and many with very deep pockets.  Not sure how they are selling their gamers these days, but they would typically only sell them during the offseason during their annual convention where they are auctioned off.  Even common players go for crazy money and players like Kane often hit into the 5 figures.  Even if it is warm up and with Hayesy on the back, I can imagine a lot of Blackhawks fans would have jumped at a chance to own a warmup worn Toews for $750.

• Like 1

The above says a lot...I interact with a very small group of collectors, so I have no idea what goes on in other circles.

Would love to pick up a legit Rockies gamer one of these days, but not finding any out there.  I'd only want one that had twill on it...none of that screened-on sh!t for me.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2022 at 11:10 AM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The above says a lot...I interact with a very small group of collectors, so I have no idea what goes on in other circles.

Would love to pick up a legit Rockies gamer one of these days, but not finding any out there.  I'd only want one that had twill on it...none of that screened-on sh!t for me.  

I see Rockies gamers come up in auctions every so often.  Those Sandow SK stitched ones are definitely harder to come by and typically go for big money, even for no-names.

Also, Hispanic Heritage and Pride Night warm up jerseys are up for bid on NHL auctions right now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.