GDT Ottawa Senators vs New Jersey Devils

caron14

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bazing! Devsman my parents are old, so yes we do have one of those ancient devices, though I may try to put it on DVD.. Then I can relive all the past losing streaks yayyy

Nice find. If you ever copy it to DVD and want to trade a copy, let me know.

It didn't affect the outcome, but it's still annoying to see those pretty obvious fouls where Zajac was tripped and Clarkson high sticked (drawing blood no less) go uncalled.

not that it would of helped but once blood was drawn you would think they would make some type of good on it and review for the penalty and nothing, again not that it wouldve helped these bums but its just the point..

It's literally the worst stretch of luck in NHL history...because they are playing well offensively. But the absolute worst puck luck I've ever seen in all my years of watching hockey

It has nothing to do with "luck", a cop out that's like scratching the blackboard. Luck has nothing to do with being unable to get half way decent opportunities on 2 man advantages for more than a minute. A good team scores on 80 percent of those.

What all if the stat geeks have some bizarre inability to admit is that the team desperately misses Kocalchuk. To anyone with common sense they notice the Devils have won one game since he got hurt. Salvador or Stephen Gionta is not what ails the team.

It has nothing to do with "luck", a cop out that's like scratching the blackboard. Luck has nothing to do with being unable to get half way decent opportunities on 2 man advantages for more than a minute. A good team scores on 80 percent of those.

What all if the stat geeks have some bizarre inability to admit is that the team desperately misses Kocalchuk. To anyone with common sense they notice the Devils have won one game since he got hurt. Salvador or Stephen Gionta is not what ails the team.

0 wins since Kovy went down. 

1/23 for the power play in the month so far.... why is matt shaw still employed here?

This team's power play has been subpar for several seasons. The players are pretty attached to their bad habits of overpassing and not taking shots. Same thing goes for Stevens. Guys like Sal and Volch are pretty set in their habits. It's hard to unbreak those things.

We also are just very stagnant right now on the PP.. 4 guys can block the passing and shooting lanes of 5 players if they know exactly where the 5 are on the ice.. The only time someone moves is when they have the puck, but what are they doing when they move? Looking for a pass, not a shot, and the defenders know exactly where to block to prevent that pass from happening

The fact this team has not won without Kovy suggests that there is a problem with the rest of the roster not being capable, regardless of puck luck and out-shooting the opposition.

We also are just very stagnant right now on the PP.. 4 guys can block the passing and shooting lanes of 5 players if they know exactly where the 5 are on the ice.. The only time someone moves is when they have the puck, but what are they doing when they move? Looking for a pass, not a shot, and the defenders know exactly where to block to prevent that pass from happening[/quote

Bingo about the PP.

As for our 33 shots, none really seemed to cause Anderson any concern. I think he barely broke a sweat today.

We also are just very stagnant right now on the PP.. 4 guys can block the passing and shooting lanes of 5 players if they know exactly where the 5 are on the ice.. The only time someone moves is when they have the puck, but what are they doing when they move? Looking for a pass, not a shot, and the defenders know exactly where to block to prevent that pass from happening

well there. That's absolutely true. Anyone saying our PP is good is seriously not looking at the game. i'm convinced.

as i was explaining in the chat the other night, one of the best advice i learned from coaches playing soccer (but it works at hockey too) is that when the puck is coming to you. You have to know what you're gonna do with it, so that way you put yourself in a position to handle it by anticipating. You'll have that extra step and body position and win seconds and can beat guys easily like that.

for example if youre on a the point with a guy square to you ready to block a shot from where you stand and you want to go around him on your good side for a shot. As the puck is coming to you, you take an angle and you start skating to the puck or let him go further and get it while skating away to go around it, it may sound silly but it makes SUCH a big difference.

what the guys are doing, they are standing... they get the puck.. settle it on their stick... then look around to what they could do with it. You obviously can't go around the guy now you don't have that extra step anymore. 

The dmen also ALWAYS wait that extra second holding to the puck and by the time they do something with the puck the opportunity is gone. And again eventhough it doesnt sound like a lot, anyone who played sports knows that when you see an opportunity/opening and call for the puck/ball wtv... if the guy wait even just a second or 2 it's often to late for that opportunity.

Edited by SterioDesign

Just as a fan I'd like to see a player visibly pissed off and not just depressed and saying they don't now wtf the problem is.

What else are they going to say?  It's got to be as demoralizing for them as it is to watch.  I've never seen such a prolonged stretch of outshooting the opponent over basically two straight weeks and having zip, zilch and nada to show for it.  I'm impressed they didn't crumble after allowing the two goals in the second period, although I did half-kiddingly say to my friend during the first period, this is going to be one of those games where we outshoot them 35-10 and lose 2-1.  I was close enough, outshot them 33-11, lose 2-0.

Actually I think a lot of people recognize Kovy going down was crippling.  People just don't want to admit losing Zach started this slide downhill.

And yes the power play's a joke and I've been saying it since the beginning of the season when people were going ga-ga over shot totals (which were nonexistent anyway, they're averaging basically half a shot more per sixty-minute game than last year) and a percentage over-inflated by the 5-on-3 success with Kovy early.

Here we go with dumb bs again from big z not even worth reading his posts. Like Єklund (2.3% accurate). Not accurate or credible

He basically said it in his interview man.

It's not even an opinion anymore.

He knows he's failing.

Starts with coaching.

The team can't be this bad.

He basically said it in his interview man.

It's not even an opinion anymore.

He knows he's failing.

Starts with coaching.

The team can't be this bad.

Yes, Babcock, Hitchcock, Queneville, Maclean, Tippet, Trotz, or any fvcking coach will make our forward group finish more...get off your high horse. The fact that Deboer has this team put 100% effort on the ice night in and night out speak volumes of how good of a coach he is. He doesn't have the finishing ability on offense right now and that's whats killing us. That falls on the players.

Edited by Zubie#8