Offical Devils vs Rangers thread

#9Delieve

"What do you think about the Devils winning 3 cups..." "Honestly, I don't really care..." Ha, dumb bitch.

"All new york fans are better" - if you root for the Giants I'll agree, otherwise bug off (ok, I'll tolerate Jets fans)

The League has no choice but to have the Rangers win. Devils have no fans generally speaking.

Yeah? I blow a hole in your face and then I go in the house... and I sleep like a baby. You can count on that. We used to stack fvcks like you five feet high in Korea... use ya for sandbags.

I'm thinking the bad ice at MSG really helps the Rangers style play so I'm hoping the ice at Pru is pretty decent.

That gritty style the Rangers play fits the MSG ice a lot better then our game. When you feed of blocking shots and slowing teams down, bad ice is exactly what you want.

I'm not sure if this was posted before but I thought it was interesting

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2012/05/devils-rangers_links_the_zen_a.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

The mysterious disappearance of the Devils' #NoBlue campaign to keep Rangers fans away from The Rock may not be so mysterious after all. Devils' GM Lou Lamoriello told the Daily News he "was very disappointed, very disappointed personally" on hearing about the campaign, adding "It is my understanding that that is no longer out there." Wouldn't be the first time around the Devils that Lamoriello's disappointment transformed into action. His point is to welcome all fans; The Star-Ledger reported Thursday about increased security around Newark's Prudential Center for the games following some recent crimes in the area.

I think I agree with Lou. For me, it's fine to do everything the team can to give Devils fans the first shot to get tickets, but I don't think I want the team going out of it's way to be against other fans.

I'm not sure if this was posted before but I thought it was interesting

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2012/05/devils-rangers_links_the_zen_a.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

I think I agree with Lou. For me, it's fine to do everything the team can to give Devils fans the first shot to get tickets, but I don't think I want the team going out of it's way to be against other fans.

Only downside of it was that it brought attention to the issue, which might agitate Ranger fans to double their efforts to get tix. Overall though the campaign was a good idea. I hate going to games with a lot of j**koff Rags fans there, and it probably has some effect on the team. Let's see what the results are, but if it's 20 percent or less Ranger fans, this is something that needs to be done for future playoff series. Sorry Lou, marketing isn't your department anymore.

Only downside of it was that it brought attention to the issue, which might agitate Ranger fans to double their efforts to get tix. Overall though the campaign was a good idea. I hate going to games with a lot of j**koff Rags fans there, and it probably has some effect on the team. Let's see what the results are, but if it's 20 percent or less Ranger fans, this is something that needs to be done for future playoff series. Sorry Lou, marketing isn't your department anymore.

I don't get why Lou is "very disappointed personally". The entire team has said they hope that the crowd is all Red, and there are less Rangers fans. Nobody likes when your own building is taken over by an opposing fan base.

This is why a lot of people, while they respect what Lou has accomplished, can't stand him because he is a control freak who needs to have his finger on pretty much everything the team is doing that really shouldn't be his business. I get that he has the President title still, but still don't like the idea of him putting the kibosh on it.

Marketing was NEVER Lou's department. He is the ANTI-MARKETING department all by himself! The team will be alot better off marketing wise when Lou is gone. Imagine the team actually promoting/pushing an individual player?!?! THE HORROR!! "TEAM FIRST, NO INDIVIDUAL IS BIGGER THAN THE TEAM!" :giggle:

I don't get why Lou is "very disappointed personally". The entire team has said they hope that the crowd is all Red, and there are less Rangers fans. Nobody likes when your own building is taken over by an opposing fan base.

This is why a lot of people, while they respect what Lou has accomplished, can't stand him because he is a control freak who needs to have his finger on pretty much everything the team is doing that really shouldn't be his business. I get that he has the President title still, but still don't like the idea of him putting the kibosh on it.

Exactly. Lou is a control freak, and it hinders the team in many marketing aspects/off the ice....

The irony is people are saying Lou is bad at marketing, when this has absolutely nothing to do with marketing, it's about PR. I would have preferred Lou not admit this until after the series but let's face it, TONS of Devil fans have family members, spouses, best friends, etc that are Ranger fans. The campaign was a little hokey-ish. People aren't going to be guilted into not selling their tickets, they'll either not care and sell them anyway or they already were going to be determined to only sell them to Devils fans.

exactly. Lou, worry about your cap and keep the team status quo. Leave the marketing to the marketing team. You never want to welcome and invite your enemy and their supporters.

Knowing someone who has worked for the Devils, I am relatively certain that Lou's quote means someone got fired for this. Too bad. He is a control freak.

Also, this most certainly falls under the banner of marketing. PR, advertising, social media -- all weapons in the marketing arsenal. And the Devils are terrible at it, perhaps among the worst in pro sports.

I don't know what the big deal is. We have to make it uncomfortable for visiting fans to come to the building and act like typical lowlifes like they always do. If they don't like it, tough. I'd even go a step further and ban anyone wearing a Rags jersey/clothing at any of the entrances. Devils fans shouldn't bring their Ranger friends and family if they don't have to. As long as Lou is in charge this team will continue to be abysmal in marketing and PR. Control freak.

• Like 1