Offical Devils vs Rangers thread

#9Delieve

The Devils CANNOT lose. So as far as am concerned they won't. There's too much at risk here: on one hand we would be done, on the other we'd be giving the Rangers the chance to play for the puke.gif...oops.

We can't give them the rite of passage....

Obviously as the lower seeded team, you always 'need' the split in games 1 and 2.

But they REALLY need to get that split. Going home 0-2 is a scary proposition

I like that we play at the Garden first. I like just trying to go in there and only have the pressure of winning one.

Rangers have played a LOT of hockey thus far in the tournament. Devils need to take advantage of that.

I only watched the last two games of the Rags/Caps series, but Lundqvist gave up soft goals in both. He's human.

The Flyers were so impressive coming out of their series with Pittsburgh that they overlooked NJ. Hopefully NJ's impressiveness against Philly doesn't have them overlooking NYR.

Devils can win this. No doubt.

There's no way on earth they'll overlook the Rangers, that's about the 'only' thing I'm confident in this series.

We need the good Marty in this series. Game 7 against Florida, second half of the season Marty, otherwise we don't have much of a chance. Marty could make mistakes against Clemmer/Theodore and Bryz cause they would make them back. Against Lundqvist and their five other goalies it becomes that much harder to overcome a mistake though.

Edited by NJDevs4978

The is a much better defensive team than we've faced our first 2 rounds.

we're also a better defensive team than Ottawa and Washington, and the Rags had a tough time getting consistent pressure against them as well.

Just an interestng stat i heard on Hockey in Canada (Sirius)

No team in the history of the NHL has ever one a 3rd series after winning 2 consecutive 7 game series...

(id say the same thing if we played the caps)

Just an interestng stat i heard on Hockey in Canada (Sirius)

No team in the history of the NHL has ever one a 3rd series after winning 2 consecutive 7 game series...

(id say the same thing if we played the caps)

Yea, I think Tri brought that up yesterday. Definitely a stat that bodes well for us.

Yea, I think Tri brought that up yesterday. Definitely a stat that bodes well for us.

ahh i did not see it posted before... either way

History and stats are on our side... they gotta just do it...

and they CAN and WILL

I get the feeling it's gonna be a classic. They're better in goal. Their d is slightly better. Our forwards are much better. If Greene and Zid keep playing as well as they have, our d is plenty good enough.

Set up the forecheck, keep the pressure on Lundquist, hope you can get a couple past him.