The 2014 NJ Devils Offseason Thread

Derlique

I'd trade Larsson and Matteau in a second for Pacioretty.

Grabovski would be the 2nd line center, Elias would be the 3rd line center. It'd be academic anyway. Zubrus or Ruutu as 3rd line center is a disaster.

I concur. I'd actually like that idea more now that I see it like that. Zubrus and Ruutu are going to have to be split up anyhow on the lines. I can't imagine how many odd man rushes there would be if a Ruutu, Zubrus, Clowe line ever got put together. They'd be great at cycling and board play but that would be it.

I'd like to know why MTL is looking to move Pacioretty. My guess is there might be something personality wise with either Subban or Therrien.

When is the nhl announcing the new salary cap? Isn't that today? Maybe tomorrow?

They're saying it should he in th high 60's, possibly low 70's (millions)

Between 68 and 71 is the rumored margin.

I'd trade Larsson and Matteau in a second for Pacioretty.

Grabovski would be the 2nd line center, Elias would be the 3rd line center.  It'd be academic anyway.  Zubrus or Ruutu as 3rd line center is a disaster.

Matteau, yeah I could part with and its a prime time to trade him you're going to do it, but Larsson? Idk.  I don't know if I'd want to give up on Larsson yet at this stage in his development.  Pacioretty is soooooooo worth it, but I'd be more inclined to giving up a 1st and 2nd, Ryder/Zubrus/Brunner and Matteau.  Granted I don't think any of those 3 veterans have any value, but I think they would consider Zubrus considering his size. 

Matteau, yeah I could part with and its a prime time to trade him you're going to do it, but Larsson? Idk.  I don't know if I'd want to give up on Larsson yet at this stage in his development.  Pacioretty is soooooooo worth it, but I'd be more inclined to giving up a 1st and 2nd, Ryder/Zubrus/Brunner and Matteau.  Granted I don't think any of those 3 veterans have any value, but I think they would consider Zubrus considering his size. 

Therrien isn't going to want Ryder back and you would give up a 1st and a 2nd? Like this year's 2nd and next year's 1st? fvck that!

Therrien isn't going to want Ryder back and you would give up a 1st and a 2nd? Like this year's 2nd and next year's 1st? fvck that!

yea let's stick with the Larsson and Matteau trade. I'd do it. That logjam on D needs to go and if it meant brining in Pacioretty I'm all for it

You're getting back an elite player for those picks. One is an established elite player while what you're giving up is only potential, I don't think Montreal would exactly jump at that.  That's a huge gamble for Montreal.  For a player of Pacioretty's caliber? I'd give up those picks, sure. 

I am glad you typed this so I didn't have to do it.

But instead you decided it was important to add the above worthless post?

well the cap is set at 69m so we know we have 9m to spend now. (if we can indeed spend to the cap) at this point buyint out A-Train of Salvador seems to be beyond obvious

It could be possible that Lou is also trying to work out a deal with Buffalo so Buffalo can get to the cap floor. They're 16 million below with 15 players on the roster. They don't figure to go after any big free agents, and are in full tank mode for this coming season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It could be possible that Lou is also trying to work out a deal with Buffalo so Buffalo can get to the cap floor. They're 16 million below with 15 players on the roster. They don't figure to go after any big free agents, and are in full tank mode for this coming season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Damn it would be magical if they would help us out a little on this one. I know Lou won't part with both, but getting Buffalo to take one would really help.

i mean.. not that i want to pretend that i know more than Lou or anyone... but our problem and solutions are pretty damn obvious.

1- need more offence

2- need to deal with the logjam on the D

3- look for our future without hurting the present

We absolutely can get rid of Volch or Salvador without skipping a beat im 110% sure of that. Thats extra cap space to spend at a better position right there. The NHL gave us the chance to get rid of a contract with no consequences. Lets fvcking use it. Thats a fvcking gift and we NEED IT now. cash wize and roster wize. Im gonna be pisse if Lou doesnt use it.

We need to get more playing time to Larsson and i'd really like to get Fayne signed... he's solid and yeah we have some good Ds but once Zids, Volch and Volch are gone we'll need a solid defensive Dman and we have him right there right now. Santini will probably won't be ready yet.

Then we can at least try to sign a forward. i'd really prefer overpaying for a good forward who can get the job done than seeing that money spent on Volch or Sal... 

Even getting rid of some dead weight on forward wouldnt hurt at this point. We have too much of the same thing.

I feel I'd prefer Vrbata over Stastny, cause S is gonna cost over $7 mill, and isn't a thirty goal scorer aswell, and him and Vrbata aren't a world apart in whay they bring. Ultimately I'd rather both, but since literally half the league is in on S, let's go head on for Vrbata!