GDT: Devils @ Buffalo 1-4-14

thelastonealive

Because this is the Sabres, one of the few teams that on paper should be worse than us offensively?  Pathetic we can only muster two goals in 125 minutes against a team that routinely gives up 35+ shot nights.

They have very good goaltending.  And Buffalo never gets blown out.  They lose their games by 2 or 3 goals.

They have very good goaltending.  And Buffalo never gets blown out.  They lose their games by 2 or 3 goals.

3 goals is a blowout lol...and Buffalo has zero shutouts and came within 40 seconds and a 5-on-3 of having TWO against us this year.

Their goalies are good but their D is dog*hit

Edited by NJDevs4978

Buffalo has the worst goal differential in the league, how do they never get blown out?   Having a goal differential that is more than 1 goal a game is the epitome of suck.   Yeah, their GAPG is just regular bad, instead of putrid,but they're on pace to score 140 goals or something like that.

I watched this blind and it was a disappointing mess.   I wish I had spoiled it and not watched.

I'm sorry but I can't refrain from saying this anymore...Adam Henrique has been absolutely horrible this season. He has been a total joke of a hockey player and it's time he gets benched or placed on the 4th line. He is not a second line center. I can't watch him coast on the ice while his unit concedes goals anymore. I've seriously had it with him .

And again, the refs in this league continue to be pathetically bad.

The sooner we  all acept that this Devils team doesn't belong in the playoffs the less frustration we fans will have. The only reason we are in contention is because most of the Metro division sucks as well. I certainly don't want a 1 round and your out.. Maybe missing the playoffs will bring some heat to Lou and Pete and in the long run that might help the fans because we might just get a competitive team for a change.

Instead of watching the Devils sh!t on the ice I could have watched live the NFL playoffs but instead I keep wishing they would tie the game and eventually win.

DeBoer has given Lou Lams every reason to fire him but Lou won't pull the trigger. Probably because Lou Lams knows that he gave Pete a bunch of crap with zero depth incase of injuries.

C'mon 2014/15  I feel sorry for Cory this is a bad first impression of a team and Cory knows that Marty isn't going anywhere soon like retirement. Cory will be a tarter somewhere. Does he want to be a starter of a team of crap or a backup to a winning team with a winning attitude knowing in the future he wil start?

Thanks Jagr for all your efforts I can see you are tiring on the ice from mis use.

Edited by LucifersDog

The sooner we  all acept that this Devils team doesn't belong in the playoffs the less frustration we fans will have. The only reason we are in contention is because most of the Metro division sucks as well. I certainly don't want a 1 round and your out.. Maybe missing the playoffs will bring some heat to Lou and Pete and in the long run that might help the fans because we might just get a competitive team for a change.

Instead of watching the Devils sh!t on the ice I could have watched live the NFL playoffs but instead I keep wishing they would tie the game and eventually win.

DeBoer has given Lou Lams every reason to fire him but Lou won't pull the trigger. Probably because Lou Lams knows that he gave Pete a bunch of crap with zero depth incase of injuries.

C'mon 2014/15  I feel sorry for Cory this is a bad first impression of a team and Cory knows that Marty isn't going anywhere soon like retirement. Cory will be a tarter somewhere. Does he want to be a starter of a team of crap or a backup to a winning team with a winning attitude knowing in the future he wil start?

Thanks Jagr for all your efforts I can see you are tiring on the ice from mis use.

Why wouldn't you want one round and out? We have no first rounder.

Pete has done a decent job of trying to as many games with this lineup. We must be in the top-5 man game lost to injury. We lost Elias and Brunner which is really bad for a team that already doesn't have much. I long for the days when it was Carter and Gionta out.

I know we need to be a good defensive team. But, at this point, I'd rather dress Gelinas-Larsson, Zidlicky-Sal, Greene-Fayne and take some chances with the D, if it means the offensive part of the D can improve.

As much as I want Lou to make a move, he can't be forced too. The worst thing you can do is force a trade that's not there. A trade will come, but it needs to make sense. He can't push a button.

Why wouldn't you want one round and out? We have no first rounder.

Pete has done a decent job of trying to as many games with this lineup. We must be in the top-5 man game lost to injury. We lost Elias and Brunner which is really bad for a team that already doesn't have much. I long for the days when it was Carter and Gionta out.

I know we need to be a good defensive team. But, at this point, I'd rather dress Gelinas-Larsson, Zidlicky-Sal, Greene-Fayne and take some chances with the D, if it means the offensive part of the D can improve.

As much as I want Lou to make a move, he can't be forced too. The worst thing you can do is force a trade that's not there. A trade will come, but it needs to make sense. He can't push a button.

I wouldn't want first round and your out because I don't want Lou & Pete to be able to say we made the playoffs. The message to the new owners should be we missed the playoffs 3 out of 4 years now fix this mess but don't miss it 4 out of 5. In addition the owners should hear about the UFAs we have let go without back filling. Edited by LucifersDog

Stop shooting crap here...

Every devils fans want them to make the playoff... We have to believe they can, we never know if we can be on a roll maybe we will make them... And then we will see...

Last night was horrible... But let not forget elias and brunner were not there...  Elias is our best player and brunner was starting to produce lately....

Oh and all the crap on Henrique is stupid... he play well these last game start to produce and all... 

Loktionov on the other hand is not playing well

Sixth, and well behind Pittsburgh who lead.

http://www.mangameslost.com/nhl-man-games-lost-january-3-2014/

Pitt has the luxury of being F'n stacked, so they can afford to miss guys and still be amazing.

Stop shooting crap here...

Every devils fans want them to make the playoff... We have to believe they can, we never know if we can be on a roll maybe we will make them... And then we will see...

Last night was horrible... But let not forget elias and brunner were not there...  Elias is our best player and brunner was starting to produce lately....

Oh and all the crap on Henrique is stupid... he play well these last game start to produce and all... 

Loktionov on the other hand is not playing well

I expected Elias to be our "best player" this year, but it has been Jagr by far....

I'm sorry but I can't refrain from saying this anymore...Adam Henrique has been absolutely horrible this season. He has been a total joke of a hockey player and it's time he gets benched or placed on the 4th line. He is not a second line center. I can't watch him coast on the ice while his unit concedes goals anymore. I've seriously had it with him .

And again, the refs in this league continue to be pathetically bad.

seriously? hes been a lot better then some of the others out there that consistently do absolutely nothing.. the guy had 4 points in his last 4games before last night 3 of which were goals... right 3 goals in 3 consecutive games... but hes crap alright deserves to be put on the 4th line yup
  • Like 2

Pete DeBoers Record

2011/12 - 48W-28L-6 OTLs (82 Games)

2012/13 - 19W-19L-10 OTLs (48 Games)

2013/14 - 17W-18L-8 OTLs (43 Games)

If you compare this record with his record as the Panthers coach, the Panthers made it to the playoffs in the first year as well. The second/third years were no different then where this team currently stands.

seriously? hes been a lot better then some of the others out there that consistently do absolutely nothing.. the guy had 4 points in his last 4games before last night 3 of which were goals... right 3 goals in 3 consecutive games... but hes crap alright deserves to be put on the 4th line yup

He had a decent 3,4 game stretch. That means he hasn't had a terrible year? His last point on the PP was sheer luck and fortunate considering he almost butchered the pp by himself. He's also made costly turnovers in crucial times.

Pete DeBoers Record

2011/12 - 48W-28L-6 OTLs (82 Games)

2012/13 - 19W-19L-10 OTLs (48 Games)

2013/14 - 17W-18L-8 OTLs (43 Games)

If you compare this record with his record as the Panthers coach, the Panthers made it to the playoffs in the first year as well. The second/third years were no different then where this team currently stands.

look at who he has to work with this year! He doesn't have a playoff roster (or barely does)