[Now Dead]Devils, Wild Agree To Deal That Would Send Brodeur To Wild

devilzibook

i am fairly convinced something like this happened. i'm not even kidding - lou was so furious at TG that it seemed out of character.

and there's nowhere else for him to land so we're stuck with him.

Gun to my head, that's what I'd guess. There was too much smoke to the Minnesota rumors for there not to be a fire. Lou has been known to tell teams he'd nix trades if they leaked info to the media. It all adds up for me...

Well now I'm worried.

Marty better keep his mouth shut for the rest of the season if he's here. And PDB better roll Cory.

Yeah... Pete scares me more than Marty.

i am fairly convinced something like this happened. i'm not even kidding - lou was so furious at TG that it seemed out of character.

and there's nowhere else for him to land so we're stuck with him.

I don't think that's true.  Brodeur was named starter tonight, the Wild could've easily held off until tomorrow on a Bryzgalov deal.  The 'leaks' came from a New York based paper.

This isn't good.  I don't see how they can keep Brodeur at this point.  So much drama surrounding a backup goalie and I have no faith in DeBoer to manage the situation.   We're slowly becoming Vancouver East.    

Vancouver had (and has) a goalie with a massive long term contract and a young goalie pushing him. We have an older goalie who's contract expires in July and a clear #1 in Schneider. It's not ideal, but it's not close to that mess.

Vancouver had (and has) a goalie with a massive long term contract and a young goalie pushing him. We have an older goalie who's contract expires in July and a clear #1 in Schneider. It's not ideal, but it's not close to that mess.

I dunno, it has the potential to get even messier, really.  After the trade deadline, you know Chere's moving onto asking Marty about retirement ten times a week.  

"Oh you know, I'd like to play next year but I'm not really getting a chance to show what I've got here..." etc etc.  Just..unnecessary drama.

We have no shortage of drama right now and it's so needless. 

I dunno, it has the potential to get even messier, really.  After the trade deadline, you know Chere's moving onto asking Marty about retirement ten times a week.  

"Oh you know, I'd like to play next year but I'm not really getting a chance to show what I've got here..." etc etc.  Just..unnecessary drama.

It's unnecessary absolutely. But Schneider has still played 8 of the last 9, and 11 of the last 14, including 7 straight with both sides of back to backs at one point. He's clearly the guy now. Marty just can't match him.

The Wild could have done the Bryzgalov deal days ago...if Lou didn't nix a Marty trade the timing of the Bryzgalov deal is a HUGE coincidence...

We are a day before the trade deadline. I don't think it's that big of a coincidence. Remember, none of the Minnesota reporters had seen anything that said Marty was going there.

It's unnecessary absolutely. But Schneider has still played 8 of the last 9, and 11 of the last 14, including 7 straight with both sides of back to backs at one point. He's clearly the guy now. Marty just can't match him.

I don't think so. He isn't the guy until Brodeur is gone. Cory had his first "bad" game. If Brodeur puts together a good game tonight, who the f knows where this goes. One more so-so game from Cory and Pete could go with Brodeur. He never said during Cory's stretch that he is the guy or it his time.

Unfortunately, Brodeur's legacy or name has been a factor all season. It's my opinion that it continues. 

I don't think so. He isn't the guy until Brodeur is gone. Cory had his first "bad" game. If Brodeur puts together a good game tonight, who the f knows where this goes. One more so-so game from Cory and Pete could go with Brodeur. He never said during Cory's stretch that he is the guy or it his time.

Unfortunately, Brodeur's legacy or name has been a factor all season. It's my opinion that it continues. 

Deboer can say all he wants about Marty earning this start, but I don't think there's anyone in the organization who looks at the situation and calls Marty the starter. This start comes down to that there was a chance it would be his last home game. No matter what happens tomorrow, I think Cory has 4 of the next 5 after the deadline. If the Devils have any interest in the playoffs, it's gotta be all Cory.

the only other thing i can think of is that a 4th wasn't worth it to lou to deal marty. if you want to take a previous poster who said marty already asked out and it was lou that wanted to make sure the return was worth it as fact, that is a reasonable explanation.

cory hasn't been lights out in his games back (although he made two great saves late vs columbus) so perhaps there is a 10% hockey reason for starting marty tonight.

i will say that i think it's almost impossible he's dealt now because there's really nowhere for him to land.